Scotia Momentum Mastercard Review
Earn cash back on all eligible purchases with the Scotia Momentum Mastercard.Get a 7.99% introductory interest rate on all eligible purchases for the first 6 months. Apply by August 31, 2021.
7.99% intro APR for the first 6 months, 20.99% thereafter
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||Scotia Momentum Mastercard|
|Reward||Get 1% cash back on all eligible gas station, grocery store and drug store purchases and recurring bill payments, and get 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.|
|Welcome Offer||Get a 7.99% introductory interest rate on all eligible purchases for the first 6 months. Apply by August 31, 2021.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||7.99% intro APR for the first 6 months, 20.99% thereafter|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
- Get this card if you are looking for a fee-free card that offers cash back on all eligible purchases.
- Choose something else if you would rather pay an annual fee for more cash back rewards.
If you want a decent return on your daily purchases but aren’t interested in paying an annual fee for the privilege, then you might be interested in the Scotia Momentum Mastercard. If you tend to carry a balance on your credit card from month to month, the introductory offer could help you pay down your balance and get out of debt.
- Welcome offer. Get a 7.99% introductory interest rate on all eligible purchases for the first 6 months. Apply by August 31, 2021.
- Earn cash back. Get 1% cash back on all eligible gas station, grocery store and drug store purchases and recurring bill payments, and get 0.5% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Quick pay. Breeze through busy checkouts and make everyday purchases quickly and safely with just a quick tap of your Mastercard or mobile device.
- Save on car rentals. Get up to a 25% discount at participating Budget and AVIS car rental locations in Canada and the US.
- Zero Liability Protection. Avoid paying for fraudulent or unauthorized purchases on your account by contacting customer service.
What to watch out for
- Low cash back rewards. The Scotia Momentum Mastercard offers a lower return on cash back rewards in exchange for being fee-free.
- No purchase or warranty protection. This card does not offer purchase or extended warranty protection on consumer products.
What do other customers say?
Many customers are pleased that the Scotia Momentum Mastercard offers a fee-free solution for getting a modest cash back return on everyday purchases. Some cardholders are also pleased with the cost-saving benefits of the introductory interest rate on eligible purchases. Those looking to earn higher rewards should consider a card with an annual fee.
What should I know before I apply
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Age of majority in the province/territory of residence
- Have an annual gross income of at least $12,000
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information.
- Your social insurance number and date of birth.
- Your email address and phone number.
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotia Momentum Mastercard application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The Scotia Momentum Mastercard offers a modest, no-frills cash back rewards program in return for a fee-free service. Earn rewards on eligible gas, grocery and drug store purchases in addition to recurring payments.