Discover the latest blockbusters for free when you pay for your purchases with the SCENE Visa Card from Scotiabank.
Voted Canada’s Best Student Credit Card, the SCENE Visa Card offers a solid points return on Cineplex movies. Get 2,500 bonus SCENE points when you spend your first $500 on everyday purchases in your first 3 months.
- Get this card if you want the chance to rack up points towards free movies at Cineplex theatres.
- Choose something else if you want a higher return on points or you’re looking for a more flexible rewards or cashback program.
- You must have a minimum annual income of $12,000 to qualify for this card.
|Product Name||Scotiabank SCENE Visa Card|
|Reward||Earn 1 SCENE point per $1 spent on all purchases, plus 5 SCENE points for every $1 spent at Cineplex Entertainment theatres or cineplex.com.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 2,500 bonus SCENE points upon min. spend of $500 in the first 3 months. Ends 31 October 2019.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$500|
|Go to site|
If you’re a die-hard movie buff and can’t wait to see all of the latest blockbusters in theatre, then the SCENE Visa Card might be right up your alley.
Earn 1 SCENE point on every $1 spent on your card and 5 points for every $1 you spend on credit card purchases at Cineplex theatres or at cineplex.com.
For every 1,250 SCENE points, you can redeem a free movie and get $10 off at participating restaurants for 1,000 points. And if that’s not enough, find out how you can qualify for 2,500 bonus SCENE points with $500 in everyday purchases in your first 3 months.
- Welcome offer. Take advantage of a 2,500 point welcome bonus SCENE points when you spend $500 in your first 3 months.
- No annual fee. Avoid paying an annual fee and order supplementary cards at no extra charge.
- Top rewards at Cineplex. Earn 5x the points when you make purchases at Cineplex theatres.
- Save on car rentals. Save up to 25% off at participating AVIS and Budget car rental locations in Canada and the U.S. when you pay with your SCENE Visa Card.
- Optional coverage. Pay only $1.09 per $100 of the daily balance on your credit card account to receive a monthly benefit of 20% of your credit card balance. This balance is paid out for a range of life events including disability, job loss, strike, critical illness or loss of life.
- World class service. Dial into customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. Use this service to report fraudulent charges, cancel or replace lost or stolen cards or find answers to any number of questions that might come up along the way.
What to watch out for
- No comprehensive insurance coverage. The SCENE Visa Card doesn’t offer either product or travel insurance, so you’re on the hook if anything goes wrong.
What do other customers say?
Many customers are pleased with the blockbuster rewards on offer from the SCENE Visa Card. The fact that this card is fee-free is a big draw for students and other young people. Cardholders get to enjoy a free general admission movie for every 1,250 SCENE points and a VIP Cinemas™ movie for 2,500 points. However, some customers prefer to have a more flexible rewards program, which can be exchanged for travel, merchandise, gift cards, pre-paid cards and more.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site on this page to be securely directed to your Scotiabank SCENE Visa Card application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The SCENE Visa Card offers top-notch movie rewards for eligible purchases. Take advantage of a 2,500 welcome bonus SCENE points with your first $500 in purchases in the first three months of card membership. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck without the hefty annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley.
Frequently asked questions about the SCENE Visa Card