Rogers Platinum Mastercard review
Get a decent return on cashback and earn a welcome bonus when you sign up for this fee-free card.Get a welcome bonus worth $25 when you make your first eligible purchase on your card.
Purchase Interest Rate
The Rogers Platinum Mastercard is a fee-free card that lets you earn a decent return on cash back. Earn 3% in unlimited cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars, and earn 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases. Also, Get a welcome bonus worth $25 when you make your first eligible purchase on your card.
- Think about this card if you’re a Rogers customer and you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you want to earn targeted rewards or get comprehensive benefits.
- There are no minimum annual income requirements needed to qualify for this card.
If you have a phone plan with Rogers and you want to earn cash back on daily purchases, you might like to check out the Rogers Platinum Mastercard.
- No annual fee. This card doesn’t have an annual fee.
- Decent return. Earn 3% in unlimited cash back rewards on all your eligible purchases made in U.S. dollars, and earn 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- Welcome offer. Get a welcome bonus worth $25 when you make your first eligible purchase on your card.
- No fee for additional cards. Order up to 9 extra cards for no annual fee.
- Optional insurance. Pay an extra fee to get optional add-ons like travel insurance, balance protection insurance and identity theft protection.
- Security features. Rest easy with chip-enabled cards and online payment protection.
- Contactless payments. Make quick and easy payments with tap-and-go contactless technology.
- Zero-liability insurance. Protect yourself from fraudulent charges on your account with zero-liability insurance.
- Easy to qualify. There are no minimum annual income requirements to qualify for this card.
What to watch out for
- High interest. You’ll pay 19.99% interest on purchases and 22.99% on cash advances and balance transfers.
- Penalties for late payment. You’ll pay interest rates up to 25.99% for purchases and 27.99% for other transactions if you don’t make your minimum payments on time.
- No basic insurance. You won’t get purchase assurance or extended warranty coverage on this card.
- Few benefits. There are no extras like travel medical, mobile device protection or roadside assistance on offer with this card.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the Rogers website to begin your application.
- Complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other credit cards
The Rogers Platinum Mastercard is a fee-free card that offers accelerated cash back for purchases at Rogers and its partners. It comes with a small welcome bonus but offers little in the way of additional benefits.