Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Review: Remitbee international money transfers May 2022
Send money overseas with Remitbees's range of payment options, including bank transfer and card.
- Low fees
- Competitive exchange rate
- Easy refunds
Not so great for
- Number of currencies available
- Large transfers
Remitbee exchange rates and fees
Remitbee updates its exchange rates regularly to keep up with changes in the market and these rates compare favourably to rates from other providers and the banks.
The fees you’ll pay depend on how much money you’re sending, as well as whether you’re paying from your Remitbee wallet, or with a debit or credit card. Compare fees in the table below to get a better idea of what your transfer will cost.
|Amount||Wallet||Interac||Visa or Mastercard Debit|
Remitbee sends money to over 45 countries worldwide – popular currencies include:
- INR Indian rupee
- PHP Philippine peso
- USD United States dollar
- EUR Euro
- GBP British pound
- JPY Japanese Yen
- SGD Singapore dollar
- THB Thai baht
What types of transfers can you make with Remitbee?
Although it varies from country to country, Remitbee offers a range of ways you can send money, including:
- Mobile wallet. Send to your recipient’s smartphone wallet. This option is helpful if your recipient doesn’t have a bank account and isn’t near a cash pick-up location.
- Cash pick-up. You can send money to a cash pick-up location for your recipient to collect in person. If you choose this option, the person picking it up will need valid photo ID on hand and the reference number.
- Bank transfer. The money will be deposited directly in the bank account you choose. You’ll need to know their SWIFT code as well.
- Door-to-door delivery. Instead of picking up the cash at a fixed location, this option means your cash is delivered physically to your recipient’s home.
How long does a transfer with Remitbee take?
Most transfers with Remitbee will arrive in 1 – 3 business days, depending on how you’ve paid for it and whether your account needs to be verified.
Transfers typically take
1 business day
What payment methods does Remitbee accept?
You can pay for your transfer with Remitbee through a bank transfer or a card.
If you’re sending through debit or credit card, you’ll pay higher fees than if you use your Remitbee wallet (which offers free transfers above $500).
Is Remitbee safe to use?
- Security and regulation: 256-bit SSL encryption
- Established: 2014
- Reviews: Trustpilot gives Remitbee a score of 9.5 out of 10, based on around 50 reviews*
- Investor: 500 Startups
How does Remitbee make money?
Remitbee makes money by charging a small fee and a margin on the exchange rate. The fee depends on if you’re paying through a bank transfer or a debit/credit card (check fees for your transfer).
Remitbee, like most other providers, also adds a margin onto the exchange rate. This is why the exchange rate you get quoted varies from company to company, and also from what you can see on Google or XE.
For example, a provider may quote you CAD$1= PHP 36.99 for a money transfer to the Philippines, while the rate you can see on Google is CAD$1 = PHP 38.12. This difference is the margin and it’s how providers cover their own fees.
How to create a Remitbee account and send your first transfer
You can sign up for Remitbee for free, and use a piece of ID to verify your account. Then all you need to do is add your recipient details, figure out how you want to make your payment and away you go.
You can also track your transaction from start to finish using your tracking ID.
What is Remitbee’s background?
Remitbee was launched in 2014 as a challenger to the cost of remittances traditionally associated with the banks. It only operates out of Canada and is a comparatively low-cost way to send money to over 45 countries around the world.
In a nutshell
- Competitive fees. The fees are generally quite a lot less than what you’ll find at your bank.
- Easy-to-use website and app. We were able to sign up and start a transfer in about five minutes.
- Several payment options. You can pay through direct debit from your bank or a credit or debit card.
- Limited maximum transfer. You can only send $3,000 per day for a verified account (and only $995 for unverified).
- Low monthly transfer. You can’t send more than $25,000 per month.
- Fewer countries and currencies. They’re aiming to add more to the list but for now you can only send money to 45 countries.
How does Remitbee compare to other providers?
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy a car overseas with an international money transfer
Find out how to buy a car overseas by sending a safe and affordable international money transfer.
Are Wyre money transfers available in Canada?
Find out if Wyre money transfer and crypto payment solutions are available in Canada, and compare other money transfer services for businesses.
What is a billing address or a remittance address?
Sending a payment to a company but not sure which address to use? Find out about billing addresses (also known as remittance addresses) in this guide.
Remitly vs. PayPal
Compare this well-known global payments giant to newer transfer service, Remitly, to see which is better for fees, exchange rates and transfer speed.
MoneyGram vs. Ria
We compare these international money transfer services to see which has lower fees, better exchange rates and faster service.
List of SWIFT codes for banks in Mexico
Sending an international money transfer or wire transfer to a bank in Mexico? Find SWIFT codes for banks in Mexico here.
Western Union vs. Ria
Which company offers the better international money transfer services: Western Union or Ria? Compare fees, exchange rates and speed to find out.
US dollar to Canadian dollar exchange rate
Learn more about how to find the best exchange rate for USD to CAD money transfers.
Africhange money transfers review
Discover more about Africhange’s money transfer service including the Africhange app, its exchange rates and transfer speeds.
Dunbridge Financial international money transfers review
Sign up for an account and pay no fees to send quick and easy money transfers to multiple beneficiaries.