RBC Cash Back Mastercard review
Receive unlimited cash back with no annual fees with the RBC Cash Back Mastercard.
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard lets you rack up rewards on all your purchases with no limit on how much you can earn.
Purchase Interest Rate
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard lets you rack up rewards on all your purchases with no limit on how much you can earn. It’s for people who like to use their credit cards for everyday purchases, such as purchases at grocery stores and gas stations. This RBC card lets you earn up to 2% cash back on grocery store purchases and 3 cents off for every litre of gas you pump at Petro-Canada.
Find out if the RBC Cash Back Mastercard is right for you.
- Consider getting this card if you like to shop on credit for everyday items such as groceries.
- Choose something else if you’re looking for a credit card with low interest rates.
- You must be a Canadian resident and the age of majority in your province to apply for the card.
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard is designed to give you unlimited cash back on every purchase you make. For the first $6,000 you spend each year, you’ll earn 2% cash back at the grocery store and up to 1% on all other qualifying purchases.
As an RBC credit cardholder, you’ll also receive several value-added services for holding the Cash Back Mastercard, including balance protector insurance, optional travel insurance, identity protection and roadside assistance.
- Unlimited cash back. This RBC card has no limits on how much cash back you can earn.
- No annual fee. Unlike other cash back credit cards, this one has no annual fee for the primary cardholder or any additional cards on the account.
- Safety. The RBC Cash Back Mastercard offers purchase security and extended warranty protection as well as balance protector insurance.
- Instant fuel savings. Get 2% cash back on grocery store purchases, and up to 1% cash back on all other qualifying purchases and pre-authorized payments..
What to watch for
- Sliding reward tiers. The 2% cash back is only available on your first $6,000 in grocery store purchases every year. Beyond that, you earn up to 1% cash back on all other purchases
- High interest rate. You will be charged a standard interest rate on outstanding purchase balances and slightly more for cash advances.
What should I know before I apply?
How to apply
- Visit the RBC Cash Back Mastercard webpage.
- Click “apply now.”
- Fill out the standard credit card application, which should take five minutes to complete.
The RBC Cash Back Mastercard offers an easy and convenient way to earn cash back on everyday purchases. While you won’t earn as much outside the grocery store, you can still rack up the points if you use the card regularly and save on gas while you’re at it. No annual fee and zero liability protection offer additional incentives to sign up for this card.