The RBC Avion Visa Infinite card offers frequent flyers an easy way to earn rewards for every dollar they spend, regardless of which airline or flight they are boarding.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite review
- Welcome Offer
- 35,000 points
- Up to 1 point per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
If you're a frequent flyer who doesn't like to get bogged down by restrictive rewards programs, then the RBC Avion Visa Infinite could be the right choice for you. Unlike other travel programs, which require you to book flights with specific airlines and carriers to earn rewards, this card lets you earn points regardless of which airline you choose. Now, RBC is sweetening the deal by offering 35,000 welcome points for new account signups.
Best for: Frequent flyers looking for an adaptable rewards credit card.
Get up to 35,000 Welcome Points. Apply by January 21, 2024.
Earn 1 rewards point for every $1 you spend
Limited restrictions when booking travel and using points
Travel insurance coverage
You'll need to earn $60,000 a year to be eligible for the card
You'll pay an annual fee of $120
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 35,000 Welcome Points. Apply by January 21, 2024. That’s enough for one free flight to certain destinations.
- Limited restrictions. In addition to being able to book with any airline and any flight, the RBC Avion Visa Infinite has no blackout periods.
- Loaded extras. The RBC Avion Visa Infinite has several value-added services that are more than just filler, including optional travel insurance, road assist, identity theft protection and balance protector insurance.
- Easy point conversions. Every 100 points you earn with this card equals CAD$1 that you can use for flights and other perks.
What to watch out for
- Big trips are costly. If you’re planning to travel to Australia, South America or the South Pacific, you’ll need a minimum of 100,000 points.
- Fees. This RBC Avion Visa Infinite has an annual fee of $120, plus $50 for any additional cardholders.
RBC Avion Visa Infinite interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||22.99%|
|Standard balance transfer rate||22.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for an RBC Avion Visa Infinite, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Be the age of majority in your province/territory of residence
- Have an annual income of $60,000 as an individual or $100,000 as a household
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number (SIN) and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the green ‘Go to site’ button above.
- Fill out the standard credit card application, which should take five minutes to complete.
The RBC Avion Visa Infinite credit card is ideal for travellers who want more flexibility in their frequent flyer program. The generous welcome offer of 35,000 RBC Reward points is an exciting way to get started. On the flipside, Canada’s frequent flyer market is crowded with the likes of Aeroplan and Air Miles. If you’re reading this review, there’s a good chance you’re already part of at least one other frequent flyer program. It’s important to weigh the costs and benefits of your current points program before making the jump to RBC Avion.