Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard review
Get up to cashback on your everyday purchases, perks such as travel insurance and access to airport lounges with this premium credit card.You can earn up to 4% cashback on your purchases with this card, receiving an automatic credit to your account when you accumulate enough cash back.
Purchase Interest Rate
- Get this card if you’re interested in a generous cashback credit card with other travel perks.
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay for an annual fee credit card.
- Keep in mind, you’ll need a minimum income of $80,000 to be eligible.
If you want a credit card that earns cashback instead of points, then the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard could be a good fit.Earn 4% cashback at grocery stores, 3% at restaurants and on entertainment, and 1% on all other purchases.
This credit card comes with an annual fee of $100 and you’ll need to have a minimum income of $80,000 to be eligible.
- Cashback rewards. Earn 4% cashback at grocery stores, 3% at restaurants and on entertainment, and 1% on all other purchases..
- Unlimited cashback. There is no limit to the amount of cashback you can earn each month from your spending with this Desjardins credit card. Your account is automatically credited when you accumulate $ cashback.
- Travel insurance. Get a full suite of travel insurance, including trip cancellation, trip interruption, baggage insurance and travel medical for trips that are up to three days long.
- Cashback when you travel. Take advantage of the cashback that comes with the Mastercard Travel Rewards program when you use your card outside of Canada.
- Airport lounge access worldwide. Make use of complimentary airport lounge passes. Simply present your card at any LoungeKey airport lounges found in more than 100 countries.
You’ll also like
- Concierge service. Gain access to the Desjardins Concierge Service for reservations at popular restaurants, last-minute bookings for hotel rooms or for tickets to must-see shows.
- Car rental benefits. Get up to 25% off any Hertz car rental and up to 10% off on Thrifty and Dollar car rentals. Get up to two days of car rental insurance too.
- Purchase protection and extended warranty. Get enhanced coverage for items purchased on your credit card in case of loss or damage. You’ll also get an extended warranty that doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty up to one additional year.
- Insurance for your mobile devices. Get up to $1,000 to cover the loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical failure of mobile devices purchased with your card.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $100.
- The minimum income requirement. You’ll need a minimum income of $80,000 (personal) or $150,000 (household) to be eligible for this card.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s a $30 fee for extra cards.
Consider other cards if
- You don’t want to pay a monthly fee. If paying $100 annually for your credit card is not in your best interest, consider other types of cashback cards with a lower, or even $0, annual fees.
- You don’t want to collect cashback. If you prefer to collect travel points or other rewards, look into other rewards card programs with perks that will better suit your needs.
- You don’t meet the minimum income required. You’ll need to have an annual income of $80,000 to be eligible for this card. If you can’t meet this requirement, there are credit cards without this income threshold.
What should I know before I apply for the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard?
To apply for the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in your province or territory
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
- Have a valid Canadian credit file
- Have a minimum annual income of $80,000 (personal), $150,000 (household) or assets under management of $400,000
How to apply for the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard
- Head to the Desjardins website, navigate to the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard page and click on the Apply Now button.
- Complete the application form with information including your full name, home address, employment status, total annual income and monthly housing costs.
- Review and submit your application.
You can also apply via phone by calling 1-877-847-8472 or by talking to an adviser in person.
I got the Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard. Now what?
- Make your repayments. To make payments on your Desjardins credit card, register your account, log in to AccesD and click on Bill payments. From the Pay a Bill tab, enter the amount you want to pay. Check your transaction and click Confirm. You can also make payments at a Desjardins ATM or by telephone.
- Take advantage of cashback. Earn 4% cashback at grocery stores, 3% at restaurants and on entertainment, and 1% on all other purchases.
- Get help. If you can’t find what you need on the Desjardins website, call 1-877-847-8472 to speak with a customer service representative.
The Desjardins Cash Back World Elite Mastercard is a great option if you don’t mind paying an annual fee and you’re looking for a generous cashback card that comes with several other perks, such as travel insurance and airport lounge access.
However, if you’re not interested in paying for an annual fee for a credit card, you may wish to consider alternative cards that charge no annual fee.