- Minimum Transfer Amount
- Maximum Transfer Amount
- No limit
- Fastest Transfer Speed
- 24 hours
- Receiving Options
- Bank account
- Available Currencies
- AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MUR, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, QAR, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR
Forget about paying transfer fees with CurrencyTransfer as there aren't any, no matter what the transfer amount. You'll also have spot contracts, market orders and forward contracts to help you get the best rates.
But no fees means there'll be a markup to the exchange rates. And while there's no minimum or maximum limit to transfer, Currency Transfer accepts that it can't add much value to transfers under £5,000 or equivalent so you'll want to check the rates carefully for smaller transfers.
Only a limited number of currencies are supported, transfers can only be made during the week and there's no mobile app to use.
Good for sending large international money transfers with competitive exchange rates.
Look elsewhere if you need to send less than £5,000 GBP (around $8,000 CAD).
|Pay By||Bank transfer|
|Receiving Options||Bank account|
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BGN, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, JPY, MUR, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, QAR, RON, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, ZAR|
Why choose CurrencyTransfer?
CurrencyTransfer is an online marketplace and money transfer platform that pairs personal and business customers with payment institutions offering competitive rates.
What sets CurrencyTransfer apart from the competition is the ability to compare foreign exchange quotes from multiple services on a single platform. Rates are shown alongside the true midmarket exchange rate, so you can clearly understand the value you’re getting.
Founded in 2014, UK-based CurrencyTranfer aims to “democratize international payments” by making it easy for customers to find the best deal for sending money abroad. Once you find the deal you want, you can initiate your transfer without leaving CurrencyTransfer’s app.
Pros and cons of CurrencyTransfer
- Shop for competitive exchange rates. Compare rates from multiple providers to save on your next transfer.
- Zero transfer fees. Although you will have to pay a markup on the midmarket exchange rate, you won’t be charged a transfer fee.
- No maximum. There’s no limit to the amount you can send, so you can transfer as much as you want.
- Regulated. CurrencyTransfer is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), a data protection organization in the UK. It only works with providers that are regulated by HMRC (Her Majesties Revenue and Customs) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK.
- Only for large transactions. CurrencyTransfer does not support transfers under £5,000 GBP (approx. $8,000 CAD).
- No mobile app. As of the time of writing, CurrencyTransfer does not have an app on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
CurrencyTransfer exchange rates & fees
What does it cost to compare transfers with CurrencyTransfer?
CurrencyTransfer is free to use—there’s no fee for opening an account or comparing foreign exchange providers.
As with most international money transfer services, you’ll pay a small markup on the exchange rate for the transfer you book. CurrencyTransfer clearly states the midmarket rate alongside quotes from service providers, so you don’t have to worry about hidden costs.
- Exchange rates. CurrencyTransfer provides live feeds of exchange rates from multiple payment institutions.
- Fees. CurrencyTransfer does not charge any transfer fees.
CurrencyTransfer does the math for you, comparing money transfer services side-by-side to make sure that you get a good deal. Find out more about how to get the best exchange rate on your next international money transfer in this guide.
Are there minimum and maximum transfer amounts?
There is no maximum transfer limit when sending an international money transfer with CurrencyTransfer, so you can send as much as you want. In fact, the company states that it regularly handles transactions over £100,000 GBP, with the average transfer amount being around £20,000 GBP (approx. $32,000 CAD).
When signing up for an account, you’ll see a notice saying the company doesn’t do transfers under £5,000 GBP (approx. $8,000 CAD). If you want to send small international money transfers, check out other services like Remitly, Instarem, Wise or Xe.
Which currencies can be exchanged on CurrencyTransfer?
CurrencyTransfer supports receiving money in more than 25 + currencies including the following (current as of June 20, 2022):
Hong Kong dollar
|New Zealand dollar||NZD|
South African rand
What does the registration and transfer process look like?
CurrencyTransfer’s platform is user friendly and the process of sending money overseas is fairly quick, usually taking only a few minutes from start to finish. Here’s how it works:
- Create a free account. Enter your email address, create a password, choose a business or personal account and enter basic details like your name, phone number, country of residence, date of birth and transfer requirements.
- Verify your identity. Submit identity verification documents like a driver’s license or passport to begin comparing transfer services.
- Request a quote. Enter the currency you want to send and the transfer amount, then click Get quote to compare your options.
- Book your transfer. Select the best offer, and confirm your transfer to lock in the exchange rate.
- Submit payment. Log into your online bank account, and send your payment by bank transfer.
- Track your transfer. In your CurrencyTransfer account, you can track your transfer under Trade History.
CurrencyTransfer offers free demo accounts, which you can use to view sample quotes and get an idea of how the platform works without opening an account.
What transfer types can you carry out with CurrencyTransfer?
CurrencyTransfer supports a wide range of money transfer options including the following:
- Spot contracts. Transfer money at the current exchange rate.
- Forward contracts. Protect yourself from unfavourable currency fluctuations by booking transfers in advance at predetermined exchange rates.
- Regular payments. Set up recurring fixed-price money transfers.
- Market orders. Select an exchange rate in advance, and your transfer will be processed when the predetermined rate appears on the market.
How does CurrencyTransfer compare to other money transfer services?
With lots of options for transfers at, or over, £5,000 GBP (around $8,000 CAD) and the ability to compare rates offered by multiple forex providers, CurrencyTransfer is great for sending large money transfers. But if you want to explore alternatives to CurrencyTransfer, consider these popular international money transfer services.
Frequently asked questions
Ask a question using your email below.Ask a question
You are about to post a question on finder.com:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked