CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card Review
Earn and redeem points at an accelerated rate on necessity purchases with the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card.Get up to 20,000 Aeroplan points and earn a Buddy Pass, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 20,000 Aeroplan points and earn a Buddy Pass, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
- Earn Aeroplan points on everyday purchases including gas and groceries.
- Challenging to qualify for this card because of the high annual fee and income requirements.
- Join many Aeroplan members and reap the benefits of the Air Canada travel program.
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card allows users to earn points on everyday purchases, allowing users to work towards their travel goals faster. Below are the basic features of the credit card:
- Point earning rates. Earn 1.5 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on gas, grocery and Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases. Earn 1 point for every dollar spent elsewhere.
- Welcome offer. Get up to 20,000 Aeroplan points and earn a Buddy Pass, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.
- Earn points twice. Pay with your Aeroplan credit card and present your regular Aeroplan card at the time of purchase to earn twice the points.
- Travel insurance. Enjoy insurance coverage for your trips including out of province medical, car rental, hotel burglary, trip cancellation/interruption and much more.
- Purchase insurance. Obtain purchase security and extended warranty coverage for purchases made on your card.
- Travel benefits. Your first checked bag on any Air Canada flight is free for you and up to eight companions. Visa Infinite concierge, hotel benefits and exclusive events are available to you with this card.
- Aeroplan member. Enjoy the benefits of being an Aeroplan member, including cheaper airfare as well as no restrictions and redemptions using points and cash.
- Option to bundle. If you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account, you won’t pay an annual fee for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card.
- Pool Aeroplan rewards. Authorized users on your credit card can link their Aeroplan number. This allows users to pool points to earn and redeem rewards faster.
What to watch out for
- Expensive annual fee. The annual fee is $139.
- Additional cardholders. Each additional user costs $50 per year.
- High interest. Purchases accrue interest at 19.99%. Cash advances accrue interest at 22.99%.
- Annual income requirements. You must earn $60,000 per year as an individual or $100,000 as a household to use this card.
What should I know before I apply?
In order to qualify for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be the age of majority in your province or territory
- Have not declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a minimum individual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000
Required documents and information
During the application process, you will be asked to provide the following details:
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Personal information, including your date of birth, full name and residential address
How to apply
Applications for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card can be done by phone, at a banking centre, with a CIBC expert or online. To apply online, follow the instructions below.
- Go to CIBC’s website
- Click on Credit Cards, then Explore Credit Cards
- Click Travel
- Scroll down to CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card, click Apply now
- Complete the application
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card is ideal for frequent travellers who routinely spend on everyday purchases. If you do not meet the criteria or prefer other types of credit card perks, keep researching products to find the right card for your needs.