CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card Review
Families and groups who routinely travel together will enjoy the rewards and perks of the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card.Get up to 75,000 Aeroplan bonus points when you meet the spend requirements, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 75,000 Aeroplan bonus points when you meet the spend requirements, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
- Earn rewards at a higher, faster rate when you spend on everyday items, such as grocery and gas.
- Expensive annual fees and high minimum income requirements.
- Opportunity to bundle this credit card with other CIBC products for savings.
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is designed for comfortable, affordable and stylish travel. Check out the basic features of the credit card below.
- Rapid earnings. Earn points per dollar spent on Air Canada purchases. When spending on gas, grocery, dining and travel, earn points for every dollar spent. All other purchases yield points per dollar spent. With these rates, you’ll rack up Aeroplan points quickly.
- Welcome offer. Users Get up to 75,000 Aeroplan bonus points when you meet the spend requirements, plus get a first-year annual fee rebate if you have a CIBC Smart Plus Account.
- Two times the points. You can earn twice the Aeroplan points by completing a purchase with the Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card and presenting your regular Aeroplan card.
- Purchase insurance. Enjoy the use of purchase security and extended warranty insurance when you shop with your credit card.
- Travel insurance. Enjoy your trip with peace of mind by taking advantage of ample travel insurance. Insurance coverage for trip cancellation, hotel burglary, emergency medical and much more is included.
- Mobile device insurance. Coverage for your cellular device is included.
- Option to bundle. Cardholders that have a CIBC Smart Plus Account will receive a $139 annual fee rebate.
- Travel with a companion. Receive an Annual Worldwide Companion Pass after spending $25,000 on your card.
- Enjoy travel perks. The card comes with complimentary access to select Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafes. Each cardholder receives six Priority Pass lounge visits per year. Every time you fly, enjoy priority service including priority check-in, priority boarding and priority baggage handling for you and up to eight companions.
- Avoid baggage fees. The first checked bag on any Air Canada flight is free for you and up to eight companions.
- Share benefits with others. Authorized users on your account can link their Aeroplan number. This allows users to pool and share travel benefits.
- NEXUS fee rebate. Every four years, receive one NEXUS fee rebate. This perk is worth $50.
- Aeroplan rewards. Be a part of a lucrative travel rewards program. Enjoy cheaper travel costs, no restrictions and make redemptions with points and cash.
What to watch out for
- Minimum income requirements. To use this card, you must have a minimum annual income of $150,000 as an individual. For households, the minimum annual income is $200,000.
- High annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $599, though this is the industry standard.
- Cost of additional users. Additional cards cost $149 per year.
- Interest rates. Purchases accrue interest at 19.99%. Cash advances accrue interest at 22.99%.
What should I know before I apply?
In order to qualify for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be the age of majority in your province or territory
- Have not declared bankruptcy in the past seven years
- Have a minimum income of $150,000 personally or $200,000 as a household
Required documents and information
You will be asked to provide the following information during the application process:
- Personal information, including your full name, occupation and residential address
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
How to apply
You can apply for the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card by phone, at a banking centre, by meeting with a CIBC expert or by completing an application online. Below are the steps to apply online:
- Go to CIBC’s website
- Click on Credit Cards, then Explore Credit Cards
- Click Travel
- Scroll down to CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card, click Apply now
- Complete the application
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege Card is an ideal choice for avid travellers who often have companions. A notable bonus of this travel-based credit card is there are accelerated earnings on everyday purchases. If you don’t travel frequently or travel solo, you may want to explore other options.