CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card review
Earn accelerated points on common business expenses and redeem rewards for travel, merchandise, unique experiences and much more.Earn up to 20,000 Aeroplan points, plus receive a Bonus Companion Pass/Buddy Pass with Air Canada and a first-year annual fee rebate.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($180 thereafter)
|Product Name||CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card|
|Reward||Earn 1.5 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on shipping, Internet, cable, phone services, travel and dining. Earn 2 Aeroplan points for every dollar spent on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations purchases. Earn 1 Aeroplan point for every dollar spent on all other purchases. |
|Welcome Offer||Earn up to 20,000 Aeroplan points, plus receive a Bonus Companion Pass/Buddy Pass with Air Canada and a first-year annual fee rebate.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||18.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||14.5%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||14.5%|
- Strong earning potential on most business expenses and lucrative travel perks.
- Minimum income requirements apply and there are high annual fees.
- This credit card is only available to business owners.
Whether your trip is for business or pleasure, the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card may be the right choice for you.
- Accelerated earnings. Earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent on Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations. Earn 1 points for every dollar spent on shipping, cable, Internet, phone, travel and dining. All other purchases yield point per dollar spent.
- Welcome bonus. Earn up to 20,000 Aeroplan points, plus receive a Bonus Companion Pass/Buddy Pass with Air Canada and a first-year annual fee rebate..
- Travel insurance coverage. CIBC offers trip cancellation, trip interruption, flight delay, baggage, car rental and common carrier accident insurance.
- Purchase insurance. Obtain an extended warranty and purchase security insurance for all expenditures made on the CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card.
- Earn Aeroplan points on business costs. Earn 1 points for every dollar spent on shipping, Internet, cable, phone services, travel and dining.
- Opportunity to earn double. If you use your CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card and regular Aeroplan card at the time of purchase, you will earn double the points.
- Lower interest. The interest rate varies depending on your credit score. The lowest option is 12.99% and the highest option is 18.99%. The highest option is still lower than average.
- Earn points faster. Add employees to your account to earn points faster.
- Travel in style. The first checked bag is free for you and up to eight companions when you fly with Air Canada. Obtain up to four complimentary passes to Maple Leaf Lounges per year.
- Aeroplan rewards. Reap the benefits of being an Aeroplan member. Redeem points for travel, merchandise, experiences and much more.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The annual fee is $180 per year.
- Cost of additional cardholders. Each additional cardholder costs $50 per year.
- Minimum income requirement. Cardholders must earn at least $35,000 a year, individually.
What should I know before I apply
- Own a business
- Have a minimum income of $35,000
- Have not declared bankruptcy in past seven years
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be the age of majority in your province or territory
Required documentation and information
- Business information
- Business structure details
- Your personal information
- Signing officer’s personal information
- Other cardholder’s personal information
How to apply
- Go to CIBC’s website.
- Under Credit Cards, select Explore Credit Cards.
- Click Business.
- Scroll down to CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card. Click Apply now.
- Complete the application.
The CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Card is an ideal choice for frequent travellers, both business and pleasure. If your business doesn’t incur the expenses that earn Aeroplan points at an accelerated rate, you may want to consider other credit card options.