BMO eclipse Visa Infinite review
- Welcome Offer
- 60,000 points
- Up to 5 points per $1 spent
- Annual Fee
- $0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite is an innovative credit card that's designed to reward you for spending money on everyday purchases. Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, gas and transit. Plus, earn 1 point for every $1 spent on everything else. You'll also get a generous welcome bonus, annual lifestyle credit and mobile device insurance when you sign up. Just be aware that this card comes with an annual fee of $120, though this can be waived in your first year.
Best for: Those who want to be rewarded for making everyday purchases and you don't mind paying an annual fee.
Earn up to 5 points per $1 spent
Earn up to 60,000 bonus welcome points
Get an annual lifestyle credit
Travel insurance coverage
Mobile device coverage
This card has an annual fee of $120
You'll need to have an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to apply for this credit card
Earn limits are capped
If you want to get a full spread of benefits along with a decent return on points for daily purchases, you might benefit from the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite card.
- 5x the points. Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, gas and transit. Plus, earn 1 point for every $1 spent on everything else.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 60,000 points (worth $400 in travel rewards), a $50 lifestyle credit and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year. That's a total value of $570 in your first year.
- Annual lifestyle credit. Enjoy a $50 lifestyle credit that you can spend on anything you want each year.
- Travel insurance. Travel worry-free with emergency medical insurance, common carrier insurance and car rental collision insurance.
- Pay with points. Earn points and use them to pay for specific purchases on your card statement, such as your morning latte, a fresh pair of Nikes or a new TV.
- Mobile device insurance. Get $1,000 worth of coverage to help you replace your mobile phone if it gets lost, stolen or damaged (some conditions apply).
- Fraud protection. Rest easy knowing that your account is protected with encryption and other security features like Visa payWave for online purchases.
- Tap and pay. Sign up for contactless payment with Android or Apple to pay in one easy swipe.
- Zero liability coverage. Relax with the knowledge that you won’t have to pay in case of fraudulent activity on your account.
- 24/7 support. Call BMO at any time of the day or night to troubleshoot issues with your account.
- Visa Infinite benefits. Connect to the Visa Infinite concierge to get help with your travel plans and get special offers for hotels, golf trips, wine tours, dining and entertainment.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll have to pay $120 per year to maintain this card
- No travel insurance over 65 years old. You won’t qualify for 15 days of free travel insurance with this card if you’re age 65 or older, however, this coverage can be extended for an additional fee.
- Strict income requirements. You’ll need to have an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to apply for this credit card.
- Earn limits are capped. You can only earn accelerated rewards on purchases up to $50,000 per year before you go back to earning one point per dollar on all categories.
BMO eclipse Visa Infinite interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||20.99%|
|Cash advance rate||23.99%|
|Standard balance transfer rate||23.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a BMO eclipse Visa Infinite, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Earn a minimum individual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000
You will also need to provide the following documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button to be securely redirected to the application for the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite card.
- Click “Apply now” and complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
How can I qualify for my welcome bonus?
To qualify for the welcome bonus with this card, you’ll need to complete the following tasks:Get up to 60,000 points (worth $400 in travel rewards), a $50 lifestyle credit and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year. That's a total value of $570 in your first year.
If you cancel your card within the first 3 months of signing up, you won’t get your welcome bonus even if you spent the required amount of cash.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite has been designed with working professionals in mind. It offers an accelerated return on BMO Points when you spend money on daily essentials such as gas, groceries, dining and transit. You’ll also get a generous welcome bonus and a wealth of additional benefits when you sign up.