BMO eclipse Visa Infinite review
Enjoy a wealth of unique benefits and earn accelerated points when you purchase daily essentials with this card.Get up to 40,000 points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year.
Purchase Interest Rate
$0 annual fee for the first year ($120 thereafter)
|Product Name||BMO eclipse Visa Infinite|
|Reward||Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, gas and transit.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 40,000 points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year. Earn 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months and get 15,000 points on your first anniversary.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||23.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||23.99%|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
- Get this card if you want to be rewarded for making everyday purchases and you don’t mind paying an annual fee.
- Choose something else if you want to earn cashback or you’d prefer to sign up for a card with a low interest rate.
- You’ll need to have an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to apply for this credit card.
If you want to get a full spread of benefits along with a decent return on points for daily purchases, you might benefit from the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite card.
- 5x the points. Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, gas and transit.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 40,000 points and the $120 annual fee waived in the first year. Earn 25,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months and get 15,000 points on your first anniversary.
- Annual lifestyle credit. Enjoy a $50 lifestyle credit that you can spend on anything you want each year.
- Travel insurance. Travel worry-free with emergency medical insurance, common carrier insurance and car rental collision insurance.
- Pay with points. Earn points and use them to pay for specific purchases on your card statement, such as your morning latte, a fresh pair of Nikes or a new TV.
- Mobile device insurance. Get 1000 worth of coverage to help you replace your mobile phone if it gets lost, stolen or damaged (some conditions apply).
- Fraud protection. Rest easy knowing that your account is protected with encryption and other security features like Visa payWave for online purchases.
- Tap and pay. Sign up for contactless payment with Android or Apple to pay in one easy swipe.
- Zero liability coverage. Relax with the knowledge that you won’t have to pay in case of fraudulent activity on your account.
- 24/7 support. Call BMO at any time of the day or night to troubleshoot issues with your account.
- Visa Infinite benefits. Connect to the Visa Infinite concierge to get help with your travel plans and get special offers for hotels, golf trips, wine tours, dining and entertainment.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll have to pay $120 per year to maintain this card
- High interest. You’ll pay as much as 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 23.99% on cash advances and balance transfers.
- No travel insurance over 65 years old. You won’t qualify for 15 days of free travel insurance with this card if you’re age 65 or older, however, this coverage can be extended for an additional fee.
- Strict income requirements. You’ll need to have an individual income of $60,000 or a household income of $100,000 to apply for this credit card.
- Earn limits are capped. You can only earn accelerated rewards on purchases up to $ per year before you go back to earning one point per dollar on all categories.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a BMO eclipse Visa Infinite, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Earn a minimum individual income of $60,000 or a minimum household income of $100,000
You will also need to provide the following documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your social insurance number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button to be securely redirected to the application for the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite card.
- Click “Apply now” and complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
How can I qualify for my welcome bonus?
To qualify for the welcome bonus with this card, you’ll need to complete the following tasks:To get 25,000 points you'll have to spend a minimum of $3,000 within your first 3 months of card ownership.
To get the remaining 15,000 points, you'll need to keep your account open and active for at least 12 months.If you cancel your card within the first 3 months of signing up, you won’t get your welcome bonus even if you spent the required amount of cash.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite has been designed with working professionals in mind. It offers an accelerated return on BMO Points when you spend money on daily essentials such as gas, groceries, dining and transit. You’ll also get a generous welcome bonus and a wealth of additional benefits when you sign up.