BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege review
Earn accelerated rewards and enjoy exclusive travel perks with this high-end credit card.Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, drugstore purchases, gas and travel. You'll earn 1 point per $1 spent on everything else. with the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege Card. It also offers exclusive benefits such as a generous welcome bonus, an annual lifestyle credit, a slew of airport perks and mobile device insurance.
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege|
|Reward||Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, drugstore purchases, gas and travel.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 50,000 welcome points. Earn 35,000 points when you spend at least $5,000 in the first three months and get 15,000 points on your first anniversary.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||23.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||23.99%|
|Interest Free Period||21 days|
- Get this card if you’re looking for exclusive benefits and you want to earn travel rewards with your credit card.
- Choose something else if you don’t think you’ll use all of the included perks and you’d prefer to pay a lower annual fee.
- You’ll need to have an individual income of $150,000 or a household income of $200,000 to apply for this credit card.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege Card offers a number of exclusive benefits to cardholders. These include the following:
- Five times the points. Earn 5x the BMO Points for every $1 spent on groceries, dining in and out, drugstore purchases, gas and travel. You'll earn 1 point per $1 spent on everything else.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 50,000 welcome points. Earn 35,000 points when you spend at least $5,000 in the first three months and get 15,000 points on your first anniversary.
- Annual lifestyle credit. Take advantage of a $200 lifestyle credit that aims to give you a bit of extra spending money when you least expect it.
- Airport perks. Enjoy airport perks such as priority security lane access, complimentary lounge passes and valet parking.
- Exclusive benefits. Get access to hotel benefits, complimentary concierge services, dining events and more as a part of the Visa Infinite program.
- Mobile device insurance. Cash in on $1000 worth of coverage to help you replace your mobile phone if it gets lost, stolen or damaged (some conditions apply).
- Purchase protection. Take advantage of 90-day purchase protection or extend your manufacturer’s warranty for up to one year when you purchase items with your card.
- Several forms of travel insurance. Enjoy multiple forms of travel insurance including travel medical, trip interruption/cancellation, flight delay and lost baggage insurance.
|Insurance type||Level of coverage|
|Travel medical||Up to $5 million for 22 days if you're under 65 years old, and 3 days if you're 65 or older, however this coverage can be extended for an additional fee.|
|Trip cancellation||Up to $2,500 per passenger per incident (or $5,000 for all insured combined)|
|Trip interruption or delay||Up to $5,000 per passenger per incident (or $25,000 for all insured combined)|
|Flight and baggage delay||Up to $1000 for all passengers combined per trip|
|Baggage theft or loss||Up to $1,000 per trip (or $2500 for all insured combined)|
|Hotel burglary||Up to $2,500 per trip for all insured passengers combined|
|Car rental theft or damage||Up to $85,000 per vehicle for a maximum of 48 days of consecutive coverage|
|Common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus)||Up to $500,000 per insured person|
- Extra points for additional users. Primary cardholders that add a supplementary card to their account will receive a 25% bonus earn rate.
- Easy points system. Use the points you earn to pay off specific items on your statement, such as your morning latte or your newest pair of Manolos.
- Fraud protection. Relax knowing that your account is protected with encryption and other security features like Visa payWave for online purchases.
- Tap and pay. Download the app for contactless payment on your phone to pay in one easy swipe.
- Zero-liability coverage. Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you won’t be charged for fraudulent activity on your account.
- 24/7 support. Call BMO at any time of day or night to troubleshoot issues with your account.
- Visa Infinite benefits. Connect to the Visa Infinite concierge to get help with your travel plans and get special offers for hotels, golf trips, wine tours, dining and entertainment.
What to watch out for
- Very high annual fee. You’ll have to pay $499 per year to keep this card active and you won’t be able to get this fee waived in your first year.
- High interest. You’ll pay as much as 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and 23.99% on cash advances and balance transfers.
- Strict income requirements. You’ll need to have an individual income of $150,000 or a household income of $200,000 to apply for this credit card.
- Earn limits are capped. You can only earn accelerated rewards on purchases up to $200 per year before you go back to earning one point per dollar on all categories.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Earn a minimum individual income of $150,000 or a minimum household income of $200,000
You will also need to provide the following documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button above to be securely redirected to the BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege application.
- Click “Apply now” and complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
How can I qualify for my welcome bonus?
To qualify for the welcome bonus with this card, you’ll need to complete the following tasks:To get 35,000 points, you'll have to spend a minimum of $5,000 within your first 3 months of card ownership. To get the remaining 15,000 points, you'll need to keep your account open and active for at least 12 months.
If you cancel your card within the first three months of signing up, you won’t get your welcome bonus even if you spent the required amount of cash.
The BMO eclipse Visa Infinite Privilege Card is designed for high-income earners with a penchant for travel. It lets you earn accelerated rewards whenever you spend money on daily essentials such as gas, groceries, dining, travel or drugstore purchases. It also comes with a generous welcome bonus, a $200 annual statement credit and tons of exclusive perks and benefits when you sign up.