BMO CashBack MasterCard For Students Review
A no annual fee cash back credit card can help you build a credit history, while rewarding you for your everyday spending.
Purchase Interest Rate
1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)
Balance Transfer Rate
|Product Name||BMO CashBack MasterCard|
|Reward||Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases. No caps, no limit.|
|Welcome Offer||Get 5% cash back in the first three months of card membership up to a maximum of $2,000 ($100 cash back) in eligible card purchases. Ends March 31, 2020.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||22.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||1.99% for the first 9 months (then 22.99%)|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
The BMO CashBack MasterCard for students offers 1% cash back on all eligible purchases which means you’ll be rewarded for your everyday spending – without paying an annual fee. Depending on when you sign up for the card, you may be able to take advantage of a higher rate of cash back for your first three months as a cardholder, putting more money back in your pocket.
- Consider this card if you want to avoid paying an annual fee and earn cash back on your spending.
- Choose something else if you’d rather earn points or want a low-interest card.
- This card has no annual fee.
Money can be tight when you’re a student, so a basic no annual fee credit card can help you build a credit history and get rewarded for your everyday spending with cash back. The BMO CashBack MasterCard also comes with an introductory low interest rate on balance transfers – a helpful feature if you’ve got some student debt.
- No annual fee. This card has no annual fee.
- Cash back. Earn 1% cash back on all eligible purchases.
- Welcome bonus. Earn more cash back in your first few months with a welcome bonus.
- Flexible redemption. Redeem your cash back for statement credit or have it deposited directly into your bank account.
- Balance transfer offer. Take advantage of a low 1.99% introductory interest rate in your first 9 months (with a 1% transfer fee).
- Product coverage. Get purchase protection and extended warranty coverage on most products you buy with your card – a handy feature when purchasing electronics for school like a laptop, tablet or phone.
- Basic eligibility criteria. You’ll need to meet basic age and residency requirements to be eligible for this card.
- Car rental discounts. Get up to 25% off on car rentals with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car.
- Enhanced security. Shop online safely and with peace of mind knowing that you’re covered with Mastercard SecureCode.
- Zero-liability coverage. Rest easy knowing that your card is protected from unauthorized use with zero-liability coverage.
- 24/7 support. If you have any issues with your account, the BMO customer service team are available to help 24/7.
- Optional benefits. For an additional fee, take advantage of extra benefits like roadside assistance and balance protection.
What to watch out for
- Low cash back earn rate. Although you won’t have to pay an annual fee for this card, the earn rate is low when compared to other similar no annual fee products on the market.
- No points. Although it’s easy to see the rewards you earn with cash back, rewards point credit cards tend to have much higher earn rates per $1 spent.
- Fewer benefits. You’ll receive fewer benefits than with premium credit cards offered by BMO.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click the green Go to site button to be directed to your secure BMO CashBack MasterCard application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Fill in the application with details that include your name, email address, phone number, permanent address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
If you’re looking to avoid paying an annual fee and want to build up a credit history in order to graduate to a more powerful credit card, the BMO CashBack MasterCard might meet your needs. You’ll be rewarded for your everyday spending with cash back, and with a welcome bonus offer, you’ll earn a higher rate of cash back during your first few months as a cardholder.
Frequently asked questions about the BMO CashBack MasterCard for students