BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard Review
Earn more points on travel, dining and entertainment purchases and get a generous welcome bonus.Get up to 60,000 points and get the $150 annual fee waived in the first year.
$0 annual fee for the first year ($150 thereafter)
Up to 5x points per $1 spent
|Rewards||Get 5x the points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases, 3x points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases and recurring bill payments, and 1 point for every $1 spent elsewhere.|
|Welcome Offer||Get up to 60,000 points and get the $150 annual fee waived in the first year.|
|Purchase Interest Rate||20.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||23.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||22.99%|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
- Think about this card if you want a decent return on travel points and comprehensive travel insurance.
- Choose something else if you’d rather have a low interest rate or don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- This card does not have minimum annual income requirements.
Whether you’re setting off on your next business trip or planning a 5-star resort stay, the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard could be a good fit for you.
- High return. Get 5x the points for every $1 spent on eligible travel purchases, 3x points for every $1 spent on eligible dining and entertainment purchases and recurring bill payments, and 1 point for every $1 spent elsewhere.
- Welcome bonus. Get up to 60,000 points and get the $150 annual fee waived in the first year.
- Purchase protection. Protect the items you buy on your card with extended warranty and insurance coverage.
- Travel insurance. Cash in on travel medical insurance and get access to trip interruption, trip cancellation, flight delay and baggage insurance.
- Discounts. Get 15% off admission to Cirque du Soleil shows touring Canada, and 20% off resident shows in Las Vegas.
- Car rental insurance. Get complimentary Collision Damage Waiver benefits (MSRP of up to $65,000).
- Digital services perks. Get benefits and offers for digital everyday services from a variety of on-demand apps and subscription services.
- Access WiFi worldwide. Access over 1 million WiFi hotspots around the world at no added cost, with no added fees or roaming charges.
- Mastercard rewards. Unlock Mastercard Travel Rewards cashback offers when you travel and shop outside of Canada.
- Zero liability coverage. Rest easy knowing you’re protected against fraudulent charges on your account.
- Enhanced security. Use your Mastercard SecureCode to protect your purchases online.
- Optional benefits. Pay more for roadside assistance, balance protection or credit card alerts.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. The annual fee for this card is $150. Annual fee waived in the first year.
- High interest. You’ll pay 20.99% interest on outstanding balances and for cash advances.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s a $50 fee for additional cardholders.
- Difficult to qualify. The minimum income to get approved for this card is $80,000.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Click Go to site to be directed to your BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard application.
- Read through the Disclosure Statement details and click Accept & Continue.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard is a good fit for frequent flyers who spend a decent amount on travel, dining and entertainment. This card comes with a welcome offer, comprehensive travel insurance and other perks like car rental insurance and airport lounge access.
Frequently asked questions about the BMO Ascend World Elite Mastercard