SimplyCash Card from American Express Review
Get solid rewards for everyday spending with the no-annual-fee SimplyCash Card from American Express.Earn 2.5% cash back on all eligible purchases in your first three months (up to a maximum spend of $6,000, or $150 in cash back).
Purchase Interest Rate
|Product Name||SimplyCash Card from American Express|
|Reward||1.25% cash back rate on all purchases when your welcome offer ends. No cap|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 2.5% cash back on all eligible purchases in your first three months (up to a maximum spend of $6,000, or $150 in cash back).|
|Purchase Interest Rate||19.99%|
|Cash Advance Rate||21.99%|
|Balance Transfer Rate||N/A|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Go to site|
- Get this card if you want to earn cash back on all eligible purchases and pay no annual fee.
- Choose something else if you would rather pay an annual fee to receive more cashback rewards per dollar spent.
If you’re an avid shopper or want to get more bang for your buck on everyday purchases like groceries and gas, then SimplyCash Card from American Express might be the right fit for you.
- Cash back. Earn 1.25% cash back on all eligible purchases.
- Welcome offer. Earn 2.5% cash back on all eligible purchases in your first three months (up to a maximum spend of $6,000, or $150 in cash back).
- Refer a friend. Refer a friend and earn a bonus of $50 cash back for each approved referral (up to a maximum bonus of $750 cash back per year).
- Travel and shopping coverage. Provides extended warranty and insurance coverage on products purchased with your SimplyCash Card from American Express, along with complimentary $100,000 Travel Accident Insurance. T&C’s apply.
- 24/7 Customer Service. Get help any time of the day, from Monday to Sunday.
- Special offers and experiences. Access to memorable experiences with American Express Invites and Front of the Line services which includes the ability to purchase advance tickets or book reserved seating for in-demand entertainment and special access for Budweiser Stage, Roy Thomson Hall and the American Express bar at Massey Hall.
- Custom entertainment packages. Get first dibs on packages created exclusively for American Express card holders, including deals on weekend getaways, advance screenings of blockbuster movies and online and in-store shopping promotions.
- World class service. Dial into customer service 24/7 by calling the number on the back of your card. Use this service to report fraudulent charges, cancel or replace lost or stolen cards or find answers to any number of questions that might come up along the way.
- Free Additional Cards. Up to 9 additional cards at no extra cost. Purchases made on these cards will add to your annual cash back balance.
What to watch out for
- Not as widely accepted overseas. The SimplyCash™ Credit Card is an American Express card, which means you might not be able to use it overseas as easily as you would a Visa or Mastercard.
- Penalty APR. Making late or returned payments could saddle you with an APR as high as 23.99% - 26.99% Variable on all balances.
What should I know before I apply
How to apply
- Head to the American Express website.
- Select the SimplyCash Card from American Express and click Apply now to begin your application.
- Complete the application with details that include your name, email address, social insurance number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
Compare other American Express credit cards
How long will it take to be approved?
Depending on whether or not your application requires manual review, you will receive a response in 60 minutes to 10 days.
Follow up steps
- Avoid interest payments. Make payments within the days grace period for new purchases on your next statement to avoid hefty interest payments.
- Make on-time payments. Make sure to stay on top of bills and pay your card down every month. Register your account on the American Express website or download the Amex mobile app to pay your balance or at least the minimum payment where possible.
The SimplyCash Card from American Express offers a no-nonsense, top of the line cashback card. If you’re looking to get more bang for your buck without the hefty annual fee, then this card might be right up your alley.