American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card review
- Welcome Offer
- 95,000 points
- Up to 3x points
- Annual Fee
- Purchase Interest Rate
- Cash Advance Rate
The American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card offers a high return on Aeroplan points whenever you spend money on your card. You'll also get access to a suite of exceptional travel benefits and airport perks. These include comprehensive travel insurance, priority check-ins, airport lounge access and an annual companion pass when you sign up.
Best for: Those looking for a business credit card with top tier travel perks.
Earn a signup bonus of up to 95,000 points
Earn up to 3 points per $1 spent
Yearly companion flight
Airport lounge access
Comprehensive travel insurance
You'll pay an annual fee of $599 for this card
- Welcome offer. Earn up to 95,000 welcome bonus Aeroplan points. Earn 5,000 points for each Employee Aeroplan Business Reserve Card with an annual fee added to your account at time of application (up to a max. of 2 approved Employee Cards.) Plus, earn 7,500 points for each monthly billing period in which you spend $3,000 in the first six months. Plus, earn an additional 40,000 points when you spend $9,000 in net purchases between month 13 and 16 of your cardmembership.
- Decent return on points. Earn 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations, 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible hotels and car rentals, and 1.25 point for every $1 spent elsewhere.
- Companion flight. Book flight reward tickets for even fewer points with Air Canada. Plus, enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges for you and a guest, and Air Canada Café in North America, with a same day ticket on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance flight.
- Priority airport access. Get priority check-in, boarding and baggage handling for you and up to eight other guests on your travel reservation when you fly with Air Canada.
- First checked bag free. Lighten your load with your first checked bag (up to 23kg/50lb) for free on any Air Canada flight (also valid for up to eight other companions flying on the same reservation as you).
- Lounge access. Get access to more than 1,200 Priority Pass airport lounges around the world. Plus, enjoy access to select Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges and Air Canada Cafes in North America, with a same day ticket on a departing Air Canada or Star Alliance flight.
- Reach Elite Status faster. Earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles and 1 Status Qualifying Segment for every $5,000 worth of eligible purchases you charge to your card.
- Get a $100 NEXUS Card Statement Credit. Receive up to $100 CAD in statement credits every four years when NEXUS application or renewal fees are charged to your Aeroplan Business Reserve Card.
- Comprehensive travel insurance. Enjoy multiple forms of travel insurance including travel medical, trip interruption/cancellation, flight delay and hotel burglary insurance.
|Insurance type||Level of coverage|
|Travel medical||Up to $5 million for 15 days (if you’re under 65 years of age)|
|Trip cancellation or interruption insurance||Up to$1,500 per passenger per incident (up to an allowable maximum limit per group).|
|Flight and baggage delay||Up to $1,000 combined insurance per trip|
|Baggage theft or loss||Up to $1,000 per trip|
|Hotel burglary||Up to $1,000 per trip|
|Car rental theft or damage||Up to $85,000 per vehicle|
|Common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus)||Up to $500,000 for accidental death/dismemberment|
- Purchase insurance. Protect your purchases up to $1,000 with 90-day purchase insurance and extended warranty coverage for up to one additional year.
- Employee card misuse protection. Get up to $100,000 worth of coverage if any of your employees uses your card to make unauthorized purchases.
- Special perks at Toronto Airport. Take advantage of discounted parking, free valet services and priority access to security lines at the Toronto Pearson International Airport.
- Flight rewards. Book your flights with less Aeroplan points than a regular member would require just for holding an American Express Aeroplan credit card.
- Flexible points. Cash your Aeroplan points in for rewards such as flights, hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, merchandise and more.
- Amex invites. Enjoy exclusive invites and offers to all the hottest events, music, dining and entertainment offered by American Express.
- Business management tools. Control employee expenses plus track and accumulate points on your account with Supplementary Cards, so you have an opportunity to maximize the points you earn.
What to watch out for
- High annual fee. You’ll have to pay $599 per year to maintain this card and you won’t be able to waive this fee under any circumstances.
- Fee for additional cards. There’s an added fee of $199 for every additional card you add to your account.
- No extra points for daily purchases. You won’t earn accelerated rewards for purchasing daily essentials such as gas or groceries.
- Cash advances cost more. You’ll pay a high interest rate of 21.99% whenever you take money out using a cash advance from your card.
American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card interest rates
|Interest Type||Interest Rate|
|Purchase interest rate||19.99%|
|Cash advance rate||21.99%|
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for an American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
You will also need to provide the following documents and information:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
- Click the green “Go to site” button to be securely redirected to the online application for the American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card.
- Click “Apply now” and complete the application, which includes providing your name, email address, Social Insurance Number and birth date.
- Review and submit your application.
The American Express Aeroplan Business Reserve Card lets you earn Aeroplan points whenever you spend money on your credit card. It comes with a host of travel and airport benefits including a free companion pass, priority services at the airport, lounge access and comprehensive travel insurance. Just keep in mind that this card comes with an annual fee of $599 which is much higher than a typical credit card.