Secured credit cards with no credit check
Not all secured credit card providers will check your credit score.
Having a low credit score can limit your credit card options and result in rejections from unsecured credit card providers. However, a secured credit card can give you the opportunity to rebuild your credit history, especially if your score isn’t where you want it to be.
To avoid multiple hard pulls on your credit report and protect the credit score you have now, you can apply for a secured card that doesn’t require a credit check. Pick one, pay your bill in full on time and build your credit slowly — and, eventually, you may be able to upgrade to an unsecured card.
Credit cards that don’t require a credit check
Refresh Financial Secured Credit Card
Other cards that come with easy approval
As you can see above, no credit check secured cards are pretty rare in Canada. Still, running into a credit check doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t be approved for a card. Currently, there are two such cards we feel are worth mentioning for easy approval.
1. Home Trust Secured No Fee Visa
Home Trust offers a secured visa card that allows you to choose the best option for your needs: choose a no annual fee card that comes with a purchase rate of 19.99% APR, or choose a lower purchase rate of 14.90% with an annual fee of $59 (or the option to pay $5 per month).
2. Capital One Guaranteed Secured Mastercard
Although no credit card is ever guaranteed, this Capital One card guarantees approval, as long as you meet four conditions. These are:
- Be 18 years of age or the age of majority in your province or territory
- You haven’t applied for a Capital One card in the last 30 days or had an account not in good standing in the last year
- You don’t have an existing Capital One account or a pending application,
- You provide the necessary security funds.