RBC Vantage Review
Enjoy rewards and discounts when you enrol your eligible RBC bank accounts in the RBC Vantage program.
RBC Vantage is an automatic rewards program that comes with eligible RBC bank accounts. It comes with basic benefits such as spending insights and special offers from your favourite brands. It also works with supplementary programs such as RBC Value and Petro-Points to give you access to RBC Rewards and exclusive savings on gas and monthly account fees.
- Think about the RBC Vantage program if you have an eligible RBC bank account and want access to exclusive RBC benefits and discounts.
- Choose something else if you would rather not bank with RBC or you don’t want to opt-in to supplementary programs to take full advantage of benefits.
What is RBC Vantage?RBC Vantage is a free program that you can use to access special benefits with your RBC chequing or savings account. It offers the following perks for eligible accounts:
- Get personalized insights. Track your daily spending and get notifications for suspicious transactions on your account with specialized insights by NOMI.
- Enjoy specialized personal offers. Get offers on products and services from popular brands such as Rexall and Indigo when you start with RBC Vantage.
Optional benefits (opt-in required)
- Save cash on gas. Link your Petro-Points membership with your debit card to save 3¢/L on gas and earn 20% more Petro-Points when you fuel up at Petro Canada. Requires Petro-Points membership
- Earn RBC Rewards Points. Collect RBC Rewards points when you make everyday purchases from your bank account with your RBC debit card. Requires opt-in to the RBC Value program
- Save on monthly account fees. Save on monthly account fees when you complete tasks such as signing up for multiple RBC products or enrolling in direct deposit. Requires opt-in to the RBC Value program
Other perks with RBC Vantage
- No minimum balance requirements. You won’t need to keep a minimum balance in your RBC account to enjoy benefits with RBC Vantage.
- Money-back guarantee. Get up to 3 months of account fees back if you don't feel you selected the right RBC bank account within your first 4 months.
- Lock your card. Easily lock a misplaced debit or credit card in the RBC Mobile app.
What to watch out for
- Many enrolments required. You’ll need to sign up for many “included” benefits by enrolling in separate rewards programs (such as Petro-Points and RBC Value).
- Not available with all accounts. You’ll only be able to access RBC Vantage benefits with certain RBC bank accounts.
- Hard to maximize rewards. You’ll be required to meet certain eligibility requirements to be able to maximize the rewards and benefits you earn.
How does the RBC Vantage program work?
The RBC Vantage program is a little bit confusing in that you’ll need to complete several registrations to sign up for different benefits:
|Spending insights||RBC Vantage||Have access to the RBC mobile app||You can automatically access your spending insights when you enrol for RBC Vantage.|
|Special offers||RBC Vantage||Have access to the RBC mobile app||You’ll automatically be enrolled to get special offers when you sign up for RBC Vantage and shop with your debit card.|
|Savings on gas||RBC Vantage||Sign up for a Petro-Points card with Petro-Canada||Link your Petro-Points membership with your debit card to save 3¢/L on gas and earn 20% more Petro-Points when you fuel up at Petro Canada.|
|RBC rewards||RBC Value (sub-program of RBC Vantage)||RBC Vantage required to sign up for RBC Value||Enrol your account in the Value Program and make debit purchases in-store or online.|
|Discounts on monthly fees||RBC Value|
(sub-program of RBC Vantage)
|RBC Vantage required to sign up for RBC Value||Enrol your account in the Value Program. From there, you’ll need to hold several RBC products and complete at least 2 out of 3 monthly activities (pre-authorized payments, direct deposits or bill payments) with your enrolled account to get benefits.|
Which bank accounts are eligible for RBC Vantage?
You can sign up for RBC Vantage benefits with the following bank accounts:
What should I know before I apply?
You’ll be automatically enrolled in the RBC Vantage program if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or temporary resident of Canada.
- You have or are applying for an RBC chequing or savings account that qualifies for this program.
- However, you will need to enrol in the RBC Value Program and Petro-Points program separately to take advantage of all RBC Vantage benefits.
Required documents and information
To sign up for an eligible RBC bank account, you’ll need to provide the following:
- Your name, residential status and contact information
- Your Social Insurance Number and date of birth
- Your email address and phone number
How to apply
You’ll need to sign up for a few different programs in order to take advantage of all of the RBC Vantage benefits on offer:
You’ll be automatically enrolled in RBC Vantage as soon as you sign up for an eligible RBC chequing or savings account. You just need to choose an account that offers RBC Vantage benefits and sign up by visiting the RBC website.
You’ll need to opt-in to the RBC Value program to take advantage of fee discounts and RBC Rewards. You’ll be prompted to do this when you sign up for a new account. You can also opt-in with an existing account by calling in to change your preferences or by visiting a branch in person.
You can sign up for Petro-Points through the Petro Canada mobile app. You’ll then be able to link your RBC debit card to your Petro-Points number through the RBC mobile app.
You’ll be automatically enrolled in RBC Vantage when you sign up for an eligible RBC chequing or savings account. From there, you’ll need to opt-in to other programs such as RBC Value and Petro-Points to take advantage of all the benefits on offer with RBC Vantage.