RBC NOMI Find & Save Review
- Promotional Rate
- Regular Interest Rate
- Minimum Balance
The RBC NOMI Find & Save is a great fit for RBC customers who want to save money automatically without thinking about it. Using RBC's mobile app, you can enable the NOMI Find & Save technology on your RBC chequing account. From there, this technology will scour through your transactions and pinpoint opportunities to save money. These savings will then be automatically set aside for you—sometimes on a daily basis if your spending is lower that day— in your NOMI Find & Save Account.
No monthly fees. You won't have to pay a monthly fee to keep your NOMI Find and Save account active.
Automatic savings. NOMI’s technology will transfer up to $75 per day into your savings account so that your money will build up without you having to think about it.
Spending insights. You can get insight into your spending and saving habits with timely and personalized trends and overviews.
Pause and resume. It's easy to pause the service when you have an unusual or large transaction coming out and resume saving when your spending returns to normal.
Coverage for bills. NOMI will automatically move money back into your chequing account to cover monthly bills or a negative balance in your overdraft.
Free transfers. You'll be able to make free transfers to and from your other RBC chequing and savings accounts.
Only available through the RBC Mobile app. You'll have to download the RBC Mobile app to enable this technology as it can't be done through your online account.
Requires an RBC chequing account. You can only sign up for this account if you already have an RBC chequing account that you use regularly.
Low interest rates. You'll earn a fairly low interest rate on your savings compared to many digital savings accounts (such as those on offer from EQ Bank or Simplii).
Limited transactions. This account only allows you to transfer money to and from other RBC accounts (which means no ATM withdrawals, e-Transfers or debit purchases).
Potential for faulty insights. You could end up with unreliable savings mechanisms if you have a few months of abnormal data.
Limits on transfers. NOMI will only move up to $75 per day automatically, so you may need to transfer additional savings out manually.
What is NOMI Find and Save?
The RBC NOMI Find & Save uses predictive technology to analyze trends in your transaction history. Once this RBC automatic deposit tool maps out your habitual spending patterns, it finds money that you likely won’t miss from your RBC chequing account and stores it away for safekeeping. This means you can save money without having to think about it or make manual deposits. NOMI will also automatically transfer money back into your chequing account if you have a bill coming out or if you dip into your overdraft.
|Free transfers, other transactions not available
|Fee for additional debits
How do I open a NOMI Find & Save Account?
All you need to do to sign up is enable your NOMI Find & Save Account on your chequing account in the RBC Mobile banking app.
- Make sure you have an RBC chequing account and that you’re signed up for online banking.
- Download the NOMI Find & Save Account on your mobile phone using Google Play or the Apple Store.
- Link the RBC Mobile app to your online banking and enable NOMI Find & Save.
- Enjoy regular updates on your spending and get alerts when money is transferred from your chequing account into your NOMI Find & Save Account.
RBC NOMI Eligibility requirements
To apply for a NOMI Find & Save Account, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen or resident who is at least 18 years old (19 in some provinces)
- Have an RBC chequing account enabled with online banking
- Have access to the RBC Mobile app on your phone
How do I deposit or withdraw my money with RBC NOMI Find and Save?
The only way that you can withdraw cash from your account is by sending it to your RBC chequing account via an internal transfer. You won’t be able to use your NOMI account to make ATM withdrawals, and it won’t be linked to your RBC debit card so you can’t make purchases in-store.
To deposit funds, you’ll have to transfer them in from your other RBC accounts online or with the RBC Mobile App. You can’t cash cheques into your NOMI Find and Save Account or deposit cash into this account at an ATM or branch location.
How can I get in touch with RBC customer service?
You can easily connect with RBC Royal Bank by using the following channels:
- By phone. Call RBC’s toll-free customer service line at any time of day or night.
- In person. Visit an RBC branch in person to discuss your banking needs or to sign up for an account.
- By mail. Send inquiries to RBC’s headquarters in Toronto or reach out to your local branch through the post.
- By email. Send a secure message through your online banking or email RBC’s general inbox.