Enjoy competitive exchange rates and zero transfer fees when you send an international money transfer with XE.
If you need to send money to friends and family overseas, you can use the services of XE Trade, which allows you to transfer money online 24/7 365 days a year. With multiple payment methods to choose from, XE offers a range of options when you need to send money overseas. As a specialist foreign exchange provider, XE can always offer competitive exchange rates to its customers.
With free transfers available to more than 35 countries around the world, XE aims to make international money transfers as simple and affordable as possible.
Who is XE?
XE offers a wide range of foreign exchange tools and services to customers in Canada and across the globe. Founded in Canada in 1993, XE has grown into one of the world’s leading providers of foreign exchange solutions. As a Top 400 website, it does business with millions of personal and business customers around the world. Each year, over 33,000 individuals send money using XE, while a further 2,000+ companies choose to send funds overseas with XE.
Since 2002, XE Trade has handled in excess of US$10 billion dollars worth of global payments. Based in Toronto, the company take the hassle out of sending and receiving overseas money transfers. It’s quick and easy to sign up for an XE Trade account and you can then receive a quick online quote for your transaction. It also uses the highest available level of browser encryption to ensure that all transfers are completely safe and secure.
As well as international money transfers, XE also offers a currency converter, currency charting and a range of other currency data to help individuals and businesses around the world.
How do you send money overseas with XE?
Sending money overseas with XE Trade is simple and straightforward. The first step is to sign up for a free account online, which is a quick process that requires you to provide some personal details including your name, country and email address. In order to actually send a transaction, you will also need to provide two forms of ID and your full legal name. This is similar to a verification process.
You can then examine live currency exchange rates and enter the details of your transaction, including the amount of money you would like to send and where you would like to send it. Next, review the details of your transaction and lock in an exchange rate.
You can pay for your XE international money transfer from your bank account using the following methods:
- Wire transfer
- Internet Payment
- Electronic funds transfer
- Pre-authorized debit from a Canadian bank account
Other payment options may also be available in other parts of the world, but cash and credit card are not accepted as payment methods. Your recipient does not need to have an account with XE Trade in order to access the funds you send, and they receive the money in their bank account via whichever payment option you choose.
What other products do they offer?
- Currency converter. Want to know what the current exchange rates are? This easy-to-use tool can help.
- Currency charts. View how two currencies have performed against each other for a period of up to 10 years.
- XE Currency Data API. This product gives businesses around the world access to accurate and up-to-date exchange rates for more than 160 currencies worldwide.
- IBAN Calculator. Work out any International Bank Account Number (IBAN) with this handy calculator.
What are the pros and cons of using XE for foreign exchange?
- Currency specialists. XE specializes in all things currency, so you know you’re dealing with experts when you need to send money overseas.
- Payment options. Multiple payment options allow you to choose the transfer method that best suits both you and your recipient.
- No fees. XE does not charge any fees or commissions on the international money transfers it processes.
- No credit card transfers. Unlike many other money transfer providers, XE does not offer the option of paying for a transfer with your credit card.
Frequently asked questions
XE offers customers a convenient way of transferring money across international borders with zero transfer fees and flexible payment options.