Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy The Sandbox (SAND) in Canada
Learn how to buy The Sandbox (SAND) easily by following a step-by-step guide and comparing 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy The Sandbox
1. Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy The Sandbox is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
2. Create an account
To create an account on an exchange you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
3. Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit $ using the payment method that best suits you – credit card, cryptocurrency, paypal and transferwise payments are widely accepted.
4. Buy The Sandbox
You can now exchange your funds for The Sandbox. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as easy as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like you can now withdraw your The Sandbox to your personal wallet.
Where to buy The Sandbox in Canada
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade SAND by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Steps on how to buy The Sandbox
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying The Sandbox.
- Compare cryptocurrency exchanges that supports SAND.
Cryptocurrency exchanges differ by fees, security and payment methods, so you'll need to research which is the right fit for you. As a beginner, you don't need a big range of features, and you can always change exchanges later.
- Create an account on an exchange.
You can sign up for an account by selecting the Go to site button. This will take you to the account creation page, where you can fill in your details, starting with your name and email address..
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy The Sandbox.
- Buy The Sandbox.
Complete your The Sandbox purchase and then find the best wallet to store SAND.
What to consider when buying The Sandbox
Cryptocurrencies are complicated and volatile assets, and there are myriad factors that can influence their price movements. With this in mind, here are a few things worth considering before buying SAND:
- Fees and rewards: Every transaction in the marketplace introduces a 5% fee capture. This fee is then redistributed through staking SAND rewards, rewarding creators through funding, and rewarding players for simply interacting within The Sandbox universe. Players are constantly rewarded for interacting within the world, giving them SAND tokens that they can reinvest into the world and support the asset or game creators they are interacting with.
- Competition: The metaverse has become very topical in blockchain-based gaming and NFT projects, with a number of new players in the industry jostling for brand power. While The Sandbox is one of the most popular metaverses, opposition exists in the form of Meta Quest, Decentraland and Enjin.
- LAND tokens: SAND investors wishing to fully experience the Sandbox metaverse may want to consider LAND tokens. These are ERC-1155 tokens that are essentially a small piece of digital real estate within The Sandbox. Players can customise their LAND into a unique space where they can host games, build multiplayer experiences, create housing, or offer social experiences to the community.
How to sell The Sandbox
You can cash out your SAND with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have SAND on.
If you store your The Sandbox in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of SAND you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of The Sandbox.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including The Sandbox, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of SAND is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the The Sandbox or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.
Moss Carbon Credit (MCO2) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Moss Carbon Credit and how the token will perform in the future.
Measurable Data Token (MDT) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Measurable Data Token and how the token will perform in the future.
Maple (MPL) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Maple and how the token will perform in the future.
KRYLL (KRL) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on KRYLL and how the token will perform in the future.
Inverse Finance (INV) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Inverse Finance and how the token will perform in the future.