- Interest Rate
- From 7.99%
- Loan Amount
- $5,000 - No max.
- Loan Term
- 12 - 96 months
- Min. Credit Score
Shopping for a used car? CarDoor is an online vehicle buying platform where you can find your dream vehicle and apply for auto financing completely online. Save time by shopping for your vehicle online instead of visiting multiple dealerships. CarDoor allows shoppers to browse its inventory, then delivers your purchase directly to your front door.
After your car is delivered, you have a 14-day money back guarantee so you can test drive the vehicle for up to 750 km.
Best for: People who want to complete the entire car buying process online
Inventory of hundreds of vehicles
14-day money back guarantee
Options to either trade in or sell your old car
Only available in Ontario
Limited selection of cars and lenders
CarDoor was included in the Finder: Car Loans Customer Satisfaction Awards 2023.
Overall customer satisfaction score: 83.89%
What is CarDoor?
Car retailer CarDoor brings the car-shopping experience completely online. You can look through CarDoor’s inventory of hundreds of used cars, click through over 20 pictures of each vehicle’s exterior and interior, read through the vehicle’s key features and look at various payment options. You can also save and compare vehicles on your account’s virtual “garage” to help you narrow your search.
You can then apply for financing directly through the online platform. After your car is delivered, you have a 14-day full money back guarantee. If you change your mind during this timeframe and you haven’t driven more than 750 km, CarDoor will pick up the vehicle and issue a refund.
Most recommended + Best-rated
CarDoor secured a spot in both the Top 15 Most Recommended and Top 15 Best-Rated car loan provider lists in the Finder: Car Loans Customer Satisfaction Awards 2023.
Is CarDoor legit?
Yes, CarDoor is a legit online car dealer. Founded in 2021, CarDoor is headquartered in Toronto, and is registered as a used motor vehicle dealer with the Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council (OMVIC), which is Ontario’s vehicle sales regulator. CarDoor also has an active social media presence and has received largely positive customer reviews on independent websites.
How does financing a car through CarDoor work?
The financing process is nearly identical to buying with CarDoor. Once you’ve made your car selection, you’ll need to provide personal details – like your contact information, where you live and for how long and birthday – to submit a financing application. CarDoor will submit your application to lenders it’s partnered with to determine what interest rate you’ll qualify for. Interest rates will vary depending on factors such as your credit score, income and the vehicle you’re financing.
What are the benefits of the CarDoor online platform?
Online shopping platforms like CarDoor are novel and come with great perks. Here are some features we especially liked about CarDoor:
- A completely digital experience shopping for your car and applying for financing. You can shop for a vehicle entirely online, view detailed interior and exterior pictures of cars you’re interested in and apply for financing all from the comfort of home. No need to visit multiple dealerships to compare options. CarDoor will deliver your purchase to your front door.
- 14-day money back guarantee. You have 14 days to test drive your new car. If you’re unhappy, you can request a full refund as long as you haven’t driven more than 750 km.
- 90-day bumper to bumper warranty. CarDoor provides a free 90-day/100 km warranty that covers defects in materials or workmanship for many parts of the car, but excludes wear items like brakes and tires.
- 60-day exchange program. CarDoor provides buyers with a 60-day window to make an exchange, as long as you haven’t driven the car more than 5,000 km.
- Trade-ins accepted. CarDoor offers the option of trading in your current vehicle to apply as credit towards your next purchase.
What to watch out for
On the other end of the spectrum, watch out for these limitations:
- Not available in all of Canada. At the moment, CarDoor is only available in Ontario.
- Only used cars are available. CarDoor only has an inventory of used cars to choose from, so you’ll need to look elsewhere if you want a new vehicle.
- Interest rates aren’t posted online. CarDoor doesn’t provide its APR ranges on its website but it advertises offers of 7.99% APR.
As of August 21, 2023, CarDoor has an average score of 4.9/5 from 170 cardoor.ca reviews on Google.
Reviewers praise CarDoor for offering an easy and stress-free experience when buying or selling a car and appreciated the convenience of car delivery. Many also mention the friendly and helpful customer service they received.
There aren’t many negative cardoor.ca reviews available online, so we couldn’t find enough complaints to form a clear picture of any issues you may experience with this provider.
Alternatives to CarDoor
What provinces is CarDoor available in?
At the moment, CarDoor is only available in Ontario. So, if you live in any other province or territory in Canada, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
What types of vehicles can you buy through CarDoor?
Browse through hundreds of used vehicles, including cars, SUVs, minivans and Jeeps. You can also choose from a selection of makes and models from manufacturers such as Cadillac, Volkswagen, Honda, Toyota, Acura, Ford, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
Do I qualify for a CarDoor car loan?
Although CarDoor doesn’t list specific loan eligibility requirements on its website (and any requirements will typically vary based on the lender you’re matched with) it’s safe to assume you’ll likely need to meet the following basic criteria:
- Be a Canadian resident
- Be at least 18 or 19 years old
- Have a valid Canadian mailing address and active bank account
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Have a steady income to make loan repayments
You may also need to provide:
- A void cheque or direct deposit form for the bank account you want your payments to come from
- A copy of your car insurance
How do I apply for a CarDoor car loan?
If you’re ready to apply for a CarDoor car loan, follow these steps:
- Head to the CarDoor homepage to start your application. Then click on “Financing.” You can also apply by choosing which car you’d like to finance first. Click on “Search Cars”, make your selection, then click on “Get Approved.”
- Start your application by plugging in details, such as your name, address, email and phone number, date of birth and marital status. You’ll also be asked about your current place of residence, including how long you’ve lived there.
- A CarDoor representative will contact you to help you finalize your financing application.
I got a car through CarDoor, now what?
Use the 14-day (or 750 km) money back guarantee to test drive your new purchase to make sure you’re happy with it. If you aren’t you can contact CarDoor to request a refund. You also have a 60-day (or 5,000 km) window to exchange your vehicle for one of equal or greater value.
If you’re financing your car, you’ll work with a CarDoor loan specialist to define the details of your payment plan. Make sure to keep track of when your payments are coming out to avoid any late or missed payments.
How to connect with CarDoor
If you’re looking for more information, the latest news, or just want to check out CarDoor for yourself, you can connect to its social media pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also contact CarDoor using a chat feature, WhatsApp or Messenger through its website.