Auto Credit Deals review
Auto Credit Deals connects you with lenders offering vehicle financing that suits your budget and credit situation.
Auto Credit Deals works with all credit types. To be eligible for a car loan, you must be a Canadian resident and of the age of majority in your province or territory, with a valid Canadian address, bank account and driver’s licence.
Max. Loan Amount
Min. Credit Score
- Consider Auto Credit Deals if your less-than-perfect credit is holding you back from applying for a car loan. This broker helps you connect with local dealers willing to work with your budget and your credit score.
- Pick something else if you prefer to do your car and auto loan shopping in person at dealerships. Auto Credit Deals qualifies potential borrowers and shows them vehicles they can afford completely online.
What is Auto Credit Deals?
If you’re shopping for a car and auto loan, you can do it completely online via Auto Credit Deals. It helps you calculate your budget, connects you with dealers willing to work with your credit score and only shows you vehicles you can afford. It’s also a great option if you have bad credit, but you’ll need to provide proof of an income that’s enough to cover monthly payments and pay higher interest rates on your loan.
Keep in mind, Auto Credit Deals doesn’t provide auto financing directly. Instead, it will connect you with local dealers that have approved you for a loan based on your online application.
Do I qualify?
To be eligible, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a Canadian resident, with proof of address.
- Provide proof you’re the age of majority in your region, such as a valid driver’s licence.
- Earn a minimum monthly income of $1,800 monthly (other forms of income, such as government assistance, may also be acceptable).
- Have a valid Canadian bank account to make payments on time.
Which provinces is Auto Credit Deals available in?Auto Credit Deals is available across the country. While it’s partnered with dealers across Canada, the number of dealers available to you may vary depending on the region you live in. It might not, for example, have as many partners in remote areas compared to major cities.
What types of car loans does Auto Credit Deals offer?
- New and pre-owned car loans. Get approved for a loan to buy a brand new or pre-owned car, truck, SUV or minivan from dealers across Canada.
- Bad credit car loans. Even if you have bad credit, Auto Credit Deals encourages you to apply for financing and get approved for a loan. It will match you with lenders willing to work with your financial history.
- Trade-ins. Auto Credit Deals asks if you have a vehicle to trade in to contribute to the purchase of your new car.
What are the benefits of an Auto Credit Deals car loan?
Using a service like Auto Credit Deals comes with its fair share of perks, including the following:
- Easy, secure online application. By filling out a quick and easy application online, you’ll receive quotes from dealers that have pre-approved you for financing.
- Bad credit is okay. Regardless of your credit score and financial situation, Auto Credit Deals connects you with local dealers who can approve you for a loan and will only show you vehicles you can afford.
- No need to visit the dealership to apply. You can apply for financing and shop for a car without leaving your home with Auto Credit Deals. The broker says it can even arrange to have your vehicle pick delivered straight to your driveway.
- Flexibility with auto loans. You can get a loan without a down payment, provide a trade-in to apply as a credit towards your purchase and choose from terms that go up to as long as 96 months.
What to watch out for
Borrowers should take note of the following red flags:
- Potential for steep interest rates. While rates will vary, depending on factors like the dealer you’re working with, your credit score and your income, bad credit auto loans could command high interest rates.
- Potential for additional fees. You may encounter additional fees and extra costs as you go through the loans process with your dealer. Watch out for these charges because they can drive up the cost of your loan.
- Only some lenders showcased. You’ll only get quotes from dealers partnered with Auto Credit Deals. It’s worth requesting quotes from a few options before you make a final decision.
Compare car loans
Is Auto Credit Deals legitimate?
It is. Auto Credit Deals is a legally registered business in BC and can be found in the OrgBook BC database. It is owned by Canada Drives Ltd. Auto Credit Deals says it’s been in business since 2010, helping hundreds of thousands of Canadians get the car they want. While its head office is in Vancouver, it’s also partnered with dealers and lenders across the country.
From a customer service standpoint, it provides telephone, email and online chat support. It also has an active presence on Facebook and Instagram.
How do I apply for an Auto Credit Deals car loan?
If you meet the eligibility criteria and you’re ready to apply, simply follow these instructions:
- Head to autocreditdeals.ca and click on “Apply” on the homepage.
- Follow the prompts on the application page. Choose whether you’d like to purchase a car, truck, SUV or van, then choose your monthly budget from $250 to over $500. Finally, decide whether you have a trade-in. Hit “Continue.”
- Provide financial information, such as your estimated credit rating (good, fair, poor, current bankruptcy or no credit). Provide details of your employment status, from employed to self-employed or retired. Provide your annual salary before taxes and deductions, along with how long you’ve been receiving this income.
- Provide details of your employer, including the company name and your job title.
- Follow the prompts again to fill in your personal information, such as your full name, date of birth, mailing address, length of residency, your phone number and email address.
- Review your application details and submit them when you’re ready. Based on the information provided, Auto Credit Deals will connect you with local lenders who have pre-approved you for a loan and have vehicles that fit your monthly budget.
What documents do I need to apply?
While it depends on which dealer you decide to work with, these documents are typically required to verify your identity and financial information:
- Proof of identity via a valid driver’s licence and other forms of government-issued ID.
- Employment and income verification via pay stubs, bank statements, CRA notice of assessments or benefits letters.
- A void cheque or direct deposit form for the bank account you want your car payments to come from.
- A copy of your car insurance faxed or emailed to your dealer.
I got the Auto Credit Deals car loan. Now what?
Read through your auto loan contract thoroughly to make sure you stick to the repayment terms that have been outlined. If you have bad credit or no credit at all, this is a great opportunity to rebuild your credit and show your trustworthiness to lenders. You’ll also avoid late fees or penalties. Some dealers may allow you to set up automatic withdrawals from your account.
If paying off some or all of your loan early is important to you, check with the dealer if this is an option before signing off on your loan. You may even want the option to refinance your auto loan down the road.
Car loans in Canada