Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Unlimited Internet plans
Looking to get rid of data caps? Compare some of the best unlimited Internet plans across Canada.
Getting the right unlimited Internet plan for your home can make your teleworking experience much more enjoyable. It can also save you from ending up with a huge bill at the end of the month if you go over your data limits. Find out which service providers offer unlimited Internet plans across Canada and compare basic and premium plans to find the best fit for you.
Compare internet service providers offering unlimited internet plans
Unlimited Internet plans and providers in Canada
|Provider||Operates in||Best basic unlimited plans||Best premium unlimited plans|
|Bell||Ontario, Quebec and Eastern provinces||Fibe 150|
$94.95 per month
|Gigabit Fibe 1.5-1.5Gbps (download)/940 Mbps (upload) for|
$ per month
|Rogers||Ontario, New Brunswick, Newfoundland||Ignite Internet 150|
$ per month
|Ignite Internet Gigabit-1Gbps for|
$119.99 per month
|Shaw||BC and Alberta||Internet 300|
$ per month (or consult website for promo)
|BlueCurve 600-1.5Gbps for$110 per month (or consult website for promo)|
|Telus||Western Canada||PureFibre Internet 150 for150 Mbps for per month or less on contract||PureFibre Gigabit Internet- Mbps for $155 per month or $ on contract|
|Virgin||Ontario and Quebec||100Mbps plan for $70 per month||Not available.|
|Fido||Ontario||150Mbps plan for$75 per month||Not available.|
|Cogeco||Ontario and Quebec||120Mbps plan for|
$85 per month
No price listed.
|Fizz||Ontario and Quebec||120 Mbps plan for$60 per month||Not available.|
|TekSavvy||Across Canada||Mbps plan for$119.95 per month||Not available.|
What to consider when comparing unlimited plans
You should be able to find unlimited Internet plans with most providers in Canada. You’ll want to compare a number of different features for these plans to make sure you get the best fit for you. These include the following:
- Monthly payment. You’ll usually pay between $30 and $170 per month for your Internet service, depending on your provider and the speed you choose. You’ll typically pay higher amounts for unlimited Internet plans than you will with those that have data fees. That said, you may save money in the long run on data overage fees.
- Connection speed. Internet speeds can range from 10Mbps to 1.5Gbps, depending on which provider you go with. Faster speeds will typically cost more but can be a better fit for large households or customers who use their Internet to download and stream significant amounts of content. If you have fairly basic needs such as streaming Netflix or checking email, you should be able to get away with 150Mbps easily.
- Length of contract. Some providers let you sign up for a month-to-month while others expect you to be on a contract. You’ll usually get a better deal if you sign on to a multiyear payment plan, but you’ll also have to pay cancellation fees if you want to cancel your subscription or switch providers.
- Extra fees. You’ll want to think about the extras you might be required to pay before you pick a plan. These can include fees for equipment, activation, installation and special features. Many major telecom companies bake these fees into your set-up contract while a handful of budget providers have eliminated these fees altogether.
- Special offers. You may be able to take advantage of special offers with some providers, depending on what promos they have running. These can include rebates or discounts on your monthly fees. They can also include opportunities to save money by bundling your services. Promotional offers vary by provider, so you should think about which one makes the most sense for you.
Can I get unlimited Internet plans on-the-go?
If you want access to unlimited mobile data on your devices, many providers have different packages available. You should be able to get an assortment of mobile Internet devices from large telecom providers. These include mobile Internet sticks, portable Wi-Fi hubs and mobile phones that can hold a hotspot.
Unlimited mobile data plans are also offered by many providers, though you’ll typically get throttled speeds once you reach a certain level of usage. For example, with Rogers, you can use up to 50GB of data on some mobile plans before your speed is slowed down. That’s why a fixed-line connection is usually the most practical choice in situations where a mobile connection isn’t absolutely essential.
More guides on Finder
Easy Financial Unsecured Loan review
If traditional lenders aren’t an option, Easy Financial helps you with unsecured loans of up to $15,000.
CIBC Aeroplan Visa Business Plus Card review
Enjoy travel perks and earn accelerated points for business purchases with this premium credit card.
Easy Financial Secured Loan review
If you’re willing to use your home as collateral, Easy Financial provides secured loans of up to $45,000.
Alternatives to Robinhood in Canada
Robinhood isn’t available in Canada, but there are a number of popular Canadian alternatives on the market.
Home Trust Secured Visa Review
Apply for a secured card with this reputable provider to start rebuilding your credit.
CIBC Select Visa Review
Searching for a low-interest credit card? Save money on your outstanding balance with the CIBC Select Visa.
How to start investing in your 20s: The 7 tips for beginners
Read our 7 tips for starting a portfolio if you’re new to investing.
Canada Drives car loan review
Canada Drives simplifies the process of buying a car, showing you how much you can borrow along with a list of vehicles you’ve already qualified for based on your approved financing.
HSBC Student Chequing Account Review
Post-secondary students in Canada can take advantage of this HSBC Student Chequing Account with unlimited transactions and no monthly fee.
Tangerine Visa Debit Card Review
Tangerine’s Visa Debit Card comes with unlimited free transactions. It allows users to safely shop online and make purchases while abroad like a credit card wherever Visa is accepted.