Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Can I earn Aeroplan points on Amazon?
How to earn with the Aeroplan Amazon eStore and take advantage of special promotions when you spend money online.
If you’re an Aeroplan Member and a regular shopper at Amazon, you could earn Aeroplan points (formerly called Aeroplan Miles) for every dollar you spend. All you need to do is sign into the Aeroplan Amazon eStore and access Amazon through your account there.
Use this guide to find out more about how you can earn with Amazon and Aeroplan—and compare Aeroplan credit cards to pair with your membership so you can earn more points for every purchase you make.
Can I earn Amazon Aeroplan points?
Yes, if you have an Aeroplan membership and shop regularly at Amazon, you can earn points whenever you spend money on eligible purchases. All you’ll need to do is sign in to Aeroplan eStore with your Aeroplan number and account password. From there, you can select Amazon.ca from a list of partners to start earning Amazon Aeroplan points on your purchases.
The base rate of points you can earn with the Aeroplan Amazon eStore is one point for every dollar you spend. This may change to between 2x and 10x the points when you make purchases during special promotions or on certain days of the year (like Boxing Day or Amazon Prime Day).
How to add Aeroplan to Amazon
It’s not possible to add Aeroplan to Amazon using a widget or any other embedded technology. Instead, you’ll need to sign into Amazon through the Aeroplan eStore every time you want to make a purchase. Unfortunately, this adds an extra step to the ordering process and you will lose your points if you navigate away from Amazon before your purchase is complete.
Compare Aeroplan credit cards to earn more Aeroplan points on Amazon
How can I make sure I’m awarded my Aeroplan points with Amazon?
Your Aeroplan points from Amazon should show up in your account in 6-10 weeks unless there are issues with your purchase. To make sure you get your points, you’ll need to sign into Amazon through the Aeroplan eStore before shopping. From there, you should start with a fresh shopping cart and stay on the Amazon.ca site while you complete your order.
If you visit other sites while completing your order, Amazon.ca may lose its connection with your Aeroplan eStore account which means you won’t be able to collect points. Keep in mind that you also risk losing your points if you don’t complete your order in 24 hours or if you try to use unauthorized coupon codes while making your purchase.
If something goes wrong with your order, your best bet is to logout of Amazon and re-enter the site through the Aeroplan eStore. From there, you’ll need to fill your cart with purchases again and proceed straight to checkout. This will ensure that you get the Amazon Aeroplan points that you’re entitled to loaded into your account.
How to get Aeroplan points on Amazon?
You’ll be able to rack up Amazon Aeroplan points on a selection of purchases that you can make through the Aeroplan Amazon eStore. These include the following:
- Amazon devices. Get a top-notch return on points when you buy Amazon electronics, including Echo, Element, Fire and Kindle devices.
- Clothing. Boost your Aeroplan Amazon account whenever you spend money on private label fashion or brand-name clothing.
- Accessories. Rack up rewards when you buy jewelry, shoes, handbags and other accessories from popular retailers.
- Home furnishings. Enjoy a high return on points when you spruce up your living space with home decor.
- Electronics. Get rewarded when you purchase select electronics such as DVDs, Blu-Rays, Eero devices, headphones and cloud cams.
- Luxury beauty products. Earn points when you pamper yourself with luxury beauty products from top sellers.
- Books. Accumulate more Amazon Aeroplan points when you purchase physical books from Amazon (not valid for e-books or audiobooks).
- Miscellaneous items. Earn points on additional items such as luggage, pet products, automotive accessories and handmade products.
The categories listed above may change from time to time so you’ll want to check the Aeroplan Amazon eStore for more details about which purchases will qualify when you’re shopping.
How many Aeroplan points can I earn at Amazon?
There are no earning caps on Aeroplan points when you shop at Amazon. This means you can earn as many points as you want on hundreds of products. The current offer allows you to earn two points for every dollar you spend on eligible products. This means if you spend $500 on headphones, you’ll earn 1,000 Aeroplan points (2 points per dollar x $500 = 1,000 points).
This number can change based on the time of year and you may be able to earn up to 10 points per dollar based on when you shop. The best way to maximize the number of points you earn through the Aeroplan Amazon eStore at any time of year is to shop with an Aeroplan credit card which will usually give you an additional 0.5 to 1 points for every dollar you spend.
Restrictions on earning Aeroplan points on Amazon
You have to make all of your purchases through Aeroplan Amazon‘s online store to earn points. You’ll also need to make sure that cookies are enabled on your account if you want to be awarded with your points. You won’t earn Amazon Aeroplan points on the following purchases:
- Unlisted category purchases. You won’t earn Aeroplan points if you purchase products on Amazon that aren’t eligible for Aeroplan promotions.
- Amazon Prime memberships. It’s not possible to earn Amazon Aeroplan points when you pay your monthly fee for your Amazon Prime membership.
- Gifts of membership. You won’t get extra points if you buy an Amazon Prime membership for another person.
- Amazon Cash cards. You won’t collect points if you buy Amazon Cash cards for yourself or others.
- Shipping costs. It’s not possible to earn Amazon Aeroplan points on any shipping and handling costs associated with your order.
- Applicable taxes. You won’t get any extra points for the taxes you’ll have to pay on your purchase.
- Coupons. You can’t claim your Amazon Aeroplan points if you use coupons not affiliated with the Aeroplan eStore to make your purchases.
Which products aren’t included with the Aeroplan Amazon promotion?
There are many products that aren’t included in the Aeroplan Amazon promotion. These include any items that fall under the following categories:
|Keep in mind that these categories may change so be sure to check the Aeroplan Amazon eStore for more information about which products are eligible for Amazon Aeroplan points.|
Can I redeem my Aeroplan points for Amazon rewards?
You’ll be able to redeem your Aeroplan points for Amazon rewards once you’ve collected enough of them. From there, you can cash them in for Amazon gift cards by signing into the Aeroplan eStore and exchanging the required number of points.
If you aren’t sure how to navigate Aeroplan’s online platform, you can also call Aeroplan’s toll-free number to ask for assistance. Just make sure you have your Aeroplan number handy for faster service.
What other rewards can I get with Amazon and Aeroplan?
If you would prefer to redeem the points you earn for other Aeroplan rewards, there are a number of categories you can choose from:
- Flights. You’ll usually get a much higher value for your points when you cash them in for short- and long-haul flights.
- Hotels. You can use your points to book overnight stays and get discounts on budget and luxury hotels.
- Car rentals. You’ll be able to redeem your points for car rentals from Aeroplan’s partner agencies like Budget and Avis.
- Experiences. It’s possible to exchange your points for tickets to popular shows, tourist attractions and other top-rated activities.
- Merchandise. You can cash your points in for hundreds of brand-name products from Aeroplan’s online rewards catalogue.
- Gift cards. You’ll be able to get big discounts with top stores when you redeem your points for gift cards.
- Charitable donations. If you’re not sure how to spend your points, you can also transfer them into a cash donation for the charity of your choice.
If you used to collect Aeroplan Miles (now called Aeroplan points) and shop regularly at Amazon, you can maximize the number of points you earn with this online retail giant. The best way to earn the most points at Amazon is to sign in through the Aeroplan Amazon eStore when you make purchases and shop with an Aeroplan credit card.
Frequently asked questions about Amazon and Aeroplan
More guides on Finder
Roolee promo codes May 2021 | Get 20% off
Treat your wardrobe to some fabulously feminine pieces and see how much you could save with one of these active Roolee promo codes.
Where to buy ethical clothing online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on ethical clothing online at any of these leading stores.
RBC Bank U.S. Mortgages Review
Get the support you need to navigate purchasing a home south of the border with this reputable US mortgage provider.
Where to buy reusable coffee pods online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on eco-friendly, reusable coffee pods online at any of these prime retailers.
Coinbase vs Coinbase Pro
We compare Coinbase and Coinbase Pro side-by-side so you can see the differences in fees, features, supported cryptocurrencies and more.
Where to buy teeth whitening kits online in Canada | May 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on the things you need to achieve a whiter and brighter smile at any of these prime online retailers.
Binance vs Coinbase: Which is best for you?
Binance and Coinbase are two titans of cryptocurrency – let’s see how the two stack up and find out which suits your needs.
Where to buy the PlayStation 5 in Canada 2021
Cut costs on the latest must-have PS5 games and accessories with one of our discount codes at any of these online stores.
Loans after a consumer proposal
Find out how you can get approved for a loan even after filing for a consumer proposal.
Where to buy bamboo sheets online in Canada 2021
Grab a discount code and cut costs on bamboo sheets at any of these leading stores.