Overall representative example
If you borrowed $20,000 over a 5-year term at 9.50% APR (variable), you would make 60 monthly payments of $420.04 and pay $25,202.23 overall, which includes interest of $5,202.23. The overall cost for comparison is 9.50% APR representative.
Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Fast personal loans in Canada
Online lenders offer fast funds, but watch out for high rates—especially if you have bad credit.
It’s possible to get a personal loan from an online lender on the same day you apply or the next day. Here’s what you need to know about getting fast personal loans in Canada plus alternative funding options to consider.
Fast personal loans online
One of the quickest ways to borrow funds is to get an unsecured personal loan from an online lender. Online lenders tend to have more flexible application requirements than banks, and some even offer loans for people with bad credit.
The quickest online lenders offer instant pre-approval or full approval within the same business day. Typically, you’ll receive funds within 24 hours.
Compare fast personal loans
Overall representative example
Fast personal loans features
|Loan amounts||Typical terms||How to apply||Typical speed||Expected cost|
|$500-$10,000 (maybe more with excellent credit)||3 months to 5 years||Apply online. Provide personal, financial and employment info and consent to a credit check.||Pre-approval in minutes. Full approval the same or next business day. Funds deposited in 24-48 hours||10%-47% yearly interest rate|
Fast personal loans eligibility
TO be eligible for a fast personal loan, you’ll usually need to meet the following requirements:
- Be at least the age of majority in your province or territory
- Be a Canadian resident or permanent resident with a valid Canadian address
- Have a steady income
- Meet minimum credit score requirements
- 2 pieces of valid government-issued ID. Examples include a driver’s license, passport or status card.
- Proof of address. Examples include a utility bill, bank statement or driver’s license.
- Proof of employment. Examples include your most recent pay stubs, bank statements or tax Notices of Assessment.
Steps for getting a fast personal loan
- Apply online. Provide details like your name, contact info, employment info, Social Insurance Number (SIN) and housing situation.
- Submit verification documents. If required, upload documents to your online application such as a scanned copy of your ID, proof of address and bank statements or pay stubs.
- Wait for approval. Submit your application, and wait to get approved.
- Verify your contract. Agree to the terms and conditions of your contract, and provide bank details for direct deposit.
Tips for speeding up your application
- Verify your income online. Fast loan providers often let you verify your income by logging into your bank account online using an encrypted portal like Flinks or Inverite. Otherwise, you’ll have to manually upload documents, which could take longer.
- Get pre-approved. Apply to online lenders that offer instant personal loan pre-approval.
- Review your application twice. Make sure there are no errors or omissions on your application, as this can cause delays.
- Apply at strategic times. Apply for personal loans in the morning to make sure your application can be processed the same day.
Fast personal loans for bad credit
Even if you have a bad credit score, you may be able to apply for fast personal loans. This is because online lenders often have more lenient eligibility requirements than banks and credit unions. To qualify, you just need a steady income and proof of employment.
Can I get guaranteed fast personal loans?
You should be skeptical of any lender that offers guaranteed approval without checking your personal and financial information. These lenders are often predatory and may be running a scam or looking to charge you extremely high interest rates that you can’t afford.
The easier it is to get approved for a fast personal loan, the more cautious you should be. Start by checking your lender’s credentials and customer ratings online to make sure you’re dealing with a legitimate company.
Benefits and drawbacks of a fast loan personal loan
- Quick approval. Apply and, if approved, receive funds in as little as 24-48 hours.
- Easier to qualify than a bank loan. You can typically qualify for fast personal loans with a reasonably low income.
- Bad credit loans available. You may be able to get funding even with a less-than-excellent credit score.
- More expensive for poor credit. Borrowers with poor credit may get approved, but they’ll usually pay higher rates.
- Potential for fraud. You have a higher chance of running into a fraudulent lender when you shop for fast personal loans online.
- Can lead to high debt. You may end up saddled with debt you can’t afford, since fast loans are fairly quick and easy to get.
Alternatives to fast personal loans
If getting a fast personal loan isn’t an option for you, consider the following alternatives:
- Payday loan. The fastest payday loans can be funded in as little as 1 hour but are extremely expensive and come with incredibly short repayment terms. Given this, payday loans should be a last resort.
- Personal loan from your bank. If you apply during the workweek and not before holidays, you may get approved more quickly.
- Credit card cash advance. Borrow money from your credit card for small amounts, as you don’t need to apply and you may pay less interest than with a personal loan (depending on your credit score).
- Car title loan. You may be able to get a loan using a paid-off car as collateral. Usually, you’ll have to drive to your lender’s office or submit photos of your vehicle to get it appraised.
- Overdraft protection. Pay a small fee to dip into your bank’s overdraft to access funds without paying high interest.
- Negotiate with your creditors. If you need a quick loan to pay for bills, contact your creditors to see if they can extend your due date or create a repayment plan.
A number of online lenders offer fast personal loans in as little as 24-48 hours, but be careful to avoid lenders that pressure you into applying. Compare fees, loan terms and eligibility requirements between lenders to make sure you’re getting the best deal for your needs.
Frequently asked questions
You might also be interested in...
10 low income loans in Canada
You can get a payday or personal loan with a low income, but watch out for high interest rates.Read more…
E-transfer payday loans in Canada 24/7
Find out which licensed lenders can e-transfer payday loans in Canada, including those that e-transfer payday loans 24/7.Read more…
23 best bad credit loans in Canada
Compare the best bad credit loans in Canada. Apply online and get your loan within 24 to 48 hours.Read more…
Fast personal loans in Canada
Compare lenders that offer fast personal loans in Canada. Find out if you’re eligible and how to apply online.Read more…
15 no credit check loans in Canada
Here’s how to find the right no credit check loan for you.Read more…
5 fast and easy loans in Canada
Here are 5 easy loans to get in Canada, but watch out for high interest rates.Read more…
More guides on Finder
Read our guide to the features, fees and pros and cons when you borrow from BC-Loans.
Undateable Debt | 1 in 3 Canadians say partner debt is a relationship dealbreaker
Finder’s Undateable Debt Report says more than 1 in 10 single Canadians’ primary reason for wanting a partner is to share expenses and make life more affordable.
Get online cash loans with instant approval when you apply to 24Cash.
Best bad credit loans in Newfoundland
Compare some of the best options for bad credit loans in Newfoundland.
5 ways to get MacBook financing in Canada
Get the MacBook you want at a price you can afford.
Compare personal loans in Winnipeg
Learn about different personal loan types in Winnipeg and find out where to apply online or in person.
Compare debt consolidation loans in Ottawa
Follow this guide to discover your options to consolidate debt in Ottawa.
Instant Funding review
Before you apply with instantfunding.ca, read this review to help you make an informed decision.
Compare personal loans in PEI
Learn where to find personal loans in PEI, how to apply and what you need to qualify.
Average salary vs average debt in Canada
What is considered high debt in Canada and what age group has the most debt? Dive into statistics on what Canadians owe, on average, and earn each year.
Ask an Expert
You must be logged in to post a comment.