Onlia car insurance review
Onlia car insurance is an excellent choice for drivers that want a hassle-free application process and easy-to-understand coverage.
Get premium insurance coverage with Onlia car insurance. Save money on your auto insurance through safe driving discounts and bundling insurance options.
What is Onlia Car Insurance?
Onlia is a financial services company that offers car insurance as well as other insurance products to Canadians in every province and territory. Onlia car insurance company operates 100% online and provides customers with online quotes and quick application processing times.
What coverage does Onlia Car Insurance include?
The following coverage is included with Onlia car insurance:
- High liability. The third party liability coverage is set at $1,000,000. There is an optional upgrade to $2,000,000 as well.
- 75% settlement choice. In the event that you’re in a collision, your vehicle can be repaired or replaced if the damage exceeds 75% of its value. The decision is yours.
- Rental cars. While your car is getting repaired or replaced after a collision, Onlia will provide a rental car.
- Accident forgiveness. Your first collision won’t increase your monthly insurance cost with Onlia.
- Ticket forgiveness. Your first minor traffic ticket won’t increase your monthly insurance cost with Onlia.
- Collision and comprehensive. Physical damage protection is an option. It covers virtually any kind of damage.
- Freedom to cancel anytime. If you don’t like Onlia’s services, you can leave when you want with no cancellation fees.
- Purchase or lease price guarantee. When your car is considered a write-off, cars bought brand new will be replaced with a similar make and model.
- Permission to carry paying passengers. If a friend, coworker or other individual gives you compensation for a ride to and from the workplace, you have permission from Onlia to do so. Note that rideshare and taxi services are not included with personal car insurance.
- Optional accident benefits coverage. A standard amount is included, but you have the choice to add more coverage.
What other types of insurance coverage does Onlia offer?
Onlia insurance also offers the following insurance coverage:
- Homeowner insurance
- Tenant insurance
- Condo insurance
What exclusions do I need to know about with Onlia car insurance?
- Rideshare or taxi services. These services are considered commercial activities. For that reason, you must obtain commercial car insurance, which is not provided by Onlia.
- Other commercial services. If you use your car for any other type of business activity, your car won’t be insured under Onlia’s insurance.
- Failure to maintain your car. As a car owner, you’re responsible for properly maintaining your vehicle. If you don’t, insurance coverage may not apply.
- Illegal activities. If you’ve committed a crime while driving and incur an accident, you likely won’t receive coverage. For example, driving under the influence, submitting a false claim or driving with a suspended license are all illegal activities.
- Accident report. There is a certain period of time that car insurance claims must be made. If you miss the window, you may not receive compensation.
Onlia bundles and savings
Onlia offers several ways to save.
- If you bundle home and car insurance, Onlia offers 20% savings on home insurance and 10% on car insurance.
- When you finish the graduated licensing process, you will receive a 10% discount.
- You can obtain an additional 10% discount if you insure multiple vehicles with Onlia.
- Retired individuals receive a 5% discount.
- If you put winter tires on your car, you can receive a 2% discount.
- Loyal customers can receive up to 5% off and claims-free individuals can receive up to 30% off.
Onlia has a special program for its insured drivers called Onlia Sense. The program, and affiliated app, rewards safe, distraction-free driving using sensors on your phone. There are a variety of challenges you can work towards while you earn points. Also, you can compare your driving to others in Canada. Once you’ve acquired enough points, you can earn rewards including dining cards and cashback. Drivers can earn up to $40 in monthly cashback just by driving safely.
Advantages of Onlia Car Insurance
- Active quotes. During the quoting process, you can add and remove coverage. The quote changes in real time, which is a useful financial tool.
- Fast application process. The online application only takes a few minutes to complete.
- Savings opportunities. There are numerous options available to save on premiums.
Disadvantages of Onlia Car Insurance
- Computer-based. Onlia is an insurance provider that operates 100% online. You will need to be comfortable with communicating online and filling out an online application on your own.
- Limited support. For example, if you encounter an issue while filling out the application form, there isn’t a live chat agent or phone number you can contact.
How to apply for Onlia Car Insurance
- Click the green ‘Get a quote’ button above to be securely redirected to Onlia’s website.
- Under Insurance, select Car Insurance.
- Click Get a quote.
- Complete the short application.