Intact Car Insurance review
Intact is a coast-to-coast car insurer that promises speedy claims handling and discounts for good driving.
You can use a smartphone app that tracks your driving habits to receive a discount on your premiums.
|Product Name||Intact Car Insurance|
|Available Coverage||Accident Forgiveness, Collision, Comprehensive, Depreciation, Family, Rental Car, Third Party Liability, Windshield|
|Available Provinces||Alberta, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ontario, Yukon|
|Get a quote|
What is Intact Car Insurance?
Intact offers car insurance in all Canadian provinces and territories. It offers several add-ons to its standard car insurance. For example, Minor Conviction Protection ensures your premiums do not rise as a result of minor traffic convictions.
What insurance does Intact offer?
Intact offers car and home insurance as well as other types of coverage for individuals and families.
- Vehicle insurance: Intact’s coverage includes a variety of vehicles, including cars, motorcycles and RVs.
- Home insurance: Includes add-ons such as coverage against water damage to your property.
- Liability coverage: Protects you in the event you are in an accident that causes injury or property damage to someone else.
- Travel insurance: Intact works with a network of independent brokers to offer travel insurance.
- Identity insurance: Protects against identity theft, cyberattacks and online fraud.
Intact insurance bundles
Intact offers a discount to customers who bundle their home and car insurance together in one package. The Intact website says you can save up to a maximum of $250 per year on your premiums.
Benefits and drawbacks of Intact Car Insurance
- Available in all provinces across Canada.
- Intact offers what it calls a "30-minute claims guarantee." The company says that if it doesn't get your claim started within half an hour of you contacting them, it will pay the full amount of your annual premiums up to a value of $1,000.
- You can use a smartphone app that tracks your driving habits to receive a discount on your premiums.
- Average customer service reviews seem to vary depending on where you live in Canada.
What do customers say about Intact Car Insurance?
The Better Business Bureau assigns Intact a B rating. Intact is not accredited with the bureau.
The 2019 JD Power survey of customer satisfaction with car insurers saw Intact earn mixed reviews across Canada. It ranked best in Atlantic Canada, earning four of a possible five stars. However, in the more populous regions of Ontario and Quebec, Intact received only three stars, with the overall score coming in just below the middle of the pack in each province.
In Alberta, Intact earned only two of a possible five stars, with the second-worst overall score.
How to contact Intact about car insurance
- Phone: You can call Intact directly for a car insurance quote at 1-855-388-5502
- Online: You can get a quick car insurance quote online via Intact’s website. You must provide personal information, including the make of your vehicle, the amount you drive in a year and details about your personal driving record.
Unlike some other Canadian car insurance providers, Intact offers car insurance in every region of Canada. The company also offers some interesting options in terms of insurance, making it an attractive choice if you use your vehicle to earn money with a ride-sharing company. But it seems to receive varying reviews for customer satisfaction depending on where you live in Canada.