iCash review: 24/7 payday lender
- Interest Rate
- Varies by province
- Loan Amount
- $100 - $1,500
- Loan Term
- 7 - 62 days
- Turnaround Time
- As little as 2 minutes with INTERAC e-Transfer®
- Serviced Provinces
- AB, BC, MB, NB, NS, ON, PEI
iCash is a payday loan lender based completely online. You can apply, receive an approval decision and have your funds e-Transferred 24/7 all through iCash's website or app.
iCash operates 24/7, 365 days a year. It uses software to swiftly review your application and provide instant approval. Once you sign your contract, you can get your money in as little as 2 minutes with Interac e-Transfer. In addition to 24/7 approval and funding, this lender has 24/7 customer support, which is a benefit that very few payday lenders offer in Canada. It also has a highly rated app available on Android and iOS.
All these features make iCash one of the best payday lenders in Canada. However, like all other payday lenders, iCash charges extremely high rates. Its loans are only suitable as a last resort.
Get your payday loan in 1 hour or less
Bad credit is okay
Short repayment terms
What is iCash?
iCash Canada is a licensed direct lender offering payday loans in several provinces. It has an office in Hawkesbury, Ontario, but loan applications are online only. It’s one of the most well-known payday lenders in Canada.
Is iCash legit?
Yes. iCash is a licensed payday lender. It is a member of the Canadian Consumer Finance Association (CCFA) and has served more than 500,000 customers since 2014.
iCash displays its payday loan licences on its website
- Licence #341941 – Alberta, Oct 31, 2024
- Licence #4733142 – Ontario, March 17, 2024
- Licence #67639 – British Columbia, Oct 31, 2023
- Licence #74162 – Manitoba, May 1st, 2024
- Licence #180004440 – New Brunswick, May 03, 2024
- Licence #192535468 – Nova Scotia, July 31, 2023
- Licence #40955 – Prince Edward Island, March 23, 2024
As of July 19, 2023
iCash loan features
|Loan amount||$100 – $1,500|
|Loan term||7 - 62 days|
|Where is it available?||AB, BC, MB, NB, NS, ON, PEI|
|Repayments||Make 1 to 3 equal payments depending on your province|
|Fees||If you default on your loan, you may be charged NSF fees and late fees.|
|Basic eligibility requirements|
|Types of income it accepts||Many types, including employment, employment insurance, child tax, ODSP, AISH, provincial disability, CPP, OAS and social assistance|
How long does iCash take?
iCash Canada provides instant approval for most customers. Once it receives the signed contract, it can provide funding in as little as 2 minutes via Interac e-Transfer.
If your application needs a manual review, approval may take a few hours. Your application may need a manual review if you recently changed your address, switched jobs or have errors on your application.
What we like about the iCash loan
- Easy application. You can apply for an iCash loan in a matter of minutes and get an instant decision.
- 24/7 customer support. This perk is not common among payday lenders in Canada. If your application needs a person to review it, iCash reviews applications 24/7, so you don’t have to wait until the next day if you apply outside of business hours.
- E-Transfer 24/7. You can get your money almost instantly after signing your contract, but you’ll need to be registered for Interac e-Transfer with your bank.
- Accepts many types of income. iCash is flexible in the types of income it accepts. Many types qualify, including employment insurance, child tax, ODSP, AISH, provincial disability, CPP, OAS and social assistance.
- Unsecured loans. You don’t need to put up any collateral.
- Bad credit or no credit doesn’t matter. As a payday lender, iCash has flexible requirements and will consider your application if you have bad credit or no credit.
- No fee for early repayment. You can repay your iCash loan early without any penalties.
- Grace period. iCash will give you 5 extra days to repay your loan, which is a perk that other payday lenders don’t offer.
- Secure. iCash says it uses bank-level security to keep clients’ information secure.
- Repay in installments. iCash offers a repayment plan called Flexpay, meaning you repay your loan in 2 or 3 equal payments. But this feature comes with a few restrictions.
- Cashback program. You may be able to get 20% of the borrowing fee back as soon as you pay off your loan. The program is not available to customers in Manitoba.
What to watch out for
- Extremely high rate. Payday loans in general are one of the most expensive ways to borrow money, and iCash Canada is no exception. Consider all your alternatives before getting a payday loan.
- Short repayment term. Payday loans are risky because you’ll usually need to repay your loan in full by your next payday. Before getting an iCash loan, make sure you’ll have enough income left for other debts or expenses once your repay your loan. Otherwise, you may find you need another loan.
- Payday loan regulations vary by province. The provinces have different rules regarding loan amounts, fees, extensions and cancellation periods, so make sure you know what applies to you.
Summary of iCash reviews
iCash reviews are mostly positive. People leaving positive iCash reviews have consistently commented on iCash’s fast, easy application process. A common trend throughout negative iCash reviews is customers complaining about long troubleshooting processes with customer support that lasted hours or days.
|BBB customer reviews||1 out of 5 stars, based on 4 iCash reviews|
|Trustpilot score||4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 2,306 iCash reviews|
|iOS iCash app||4.8 out of 5 stars, based on 11,900+ ratings|
|Android iCash app||4.7 out of 5 stars, based on 19,200+ ratings, 100,000+ downloads|
|Customer reviews verified as of||July 19, 2023|
How much can I borrow with an iCash loan?
- If you live in Ontario or BC, you can borrow up to $1,500 or up to 50% of your net income, whichever is less.
- If you live in Manitoba or New Brunswick, you can borrow up to $1,500 or up to 30% of your net income, whichever is less.
- If you live in Alberta, PEI or Nova Scotia, you can borrow up to $1,500.
Am I eligible for an iCash loan?
Requirements for an iCash loan include the following:- At least 19 years old
- Canadian resident in a province that iCASH services
- Valid cell phone number, address and email address
- Net income of at least $800/month deposited into bank account
- Receiving the same source of income for the past 3 months
- Have a Canadian bank account that's been open for at least 3 months with online banking
What documents do I need to apply?
iCash does not require any documents. However, it will use the information on your application to validate your identity and income and to get a credit report if you’re a first-time customer.
Can I get an iCash loan with bad credit?
Yes, iCash specifically states that it accepts customers of all types of credit scores, including bad credit. While iCash will check your credit score, it will not fixate on it and instead will consider other factors, such as your income. According to iCash, more than 90% of its applicants are instantly approved, and most complete the whole process in 30 to 60 minutes.iCash will only check your credit once. It will not check your credit if you are a returning customer.
How do I apply for an iCash loan?
Applying for an iCash payday loan is similar to other payday loans:
- Head over to the iCash Canada website.
- Register for an account using your email address and phone number.
- Provide details such as your name, Social Insurance Number, date of birth, marital status, number of dependents and level of education.
- Provide details about your residence, including your address, rent/mortgage payments and number of years at your address.
- Provide details about your employment and income.
- Provide details about the purpose of the loan, any active loans and any bankruptcies.
- Provide a reference, such as a friend or family member.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
How much will an iCash loan cost me?
The overall cost of your iCash loan will depend on where you live and how much you borrow. Let’s say you live in Ontario and want to borrow $500 over 14 days. In that case, your iCash loan will cost $75 in fees ($15 for every $100 borrowed), which works out to an APR of 391%.
iCash is one of the standout payday lenders in Canada because you can get your payday loan in 1 hour or less 24/7. However, just like all other payday loans, the iCash loan should only be a last resort because it’s extremely expensive. Before applying for an iCash loan, make sure you’re not using it to solve long-term financial problems. Also check first that you’ll have enough income left for other expenses once you repay the loan.
⚠️ Warning: Be cautious with payday loansHigh-cost payday loans are unsustainable for borrowing over a continued period of time and are expensive as a means of longer-term borrowing. View payday costs and regulations by province here. If you're experiencing financial hardship call Credit Counselling Canada for free financial counselling (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm at +1 866-398-5999). You may also want to consider payday loan alternatives.
Compare iCash Canada to other payday loans
Maximum borrowing costs of payday loans per provinceAlways refer to your contract for exact repayment amounts and costs.
|Province||Max. cost of borrowing a $100 payday loan||Cooling off period to cancel loan||Max. penalty for returned cheque or pre-authorized debit|
|Alberta||$15||2 business days||$25|
|British Columbia||$15||2 business days||$20|
|Manitoba||$17||48 hours excluding Sundays and holidays||$20|
|New Brunswick||$15||48 hours excluding Sundays and holidays||$20|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$14||2 business days||$20|
|Nova Scotia||$17||Next business day (2 days for online loans)||$40 (default penalty)|
|Ontario||$15||2 business days||$25|
|Prince Edward Island||$15||2 business days||N/A|
|Quebec||Limit of 35% AIR||N/A||N/A|
|Saskatchewan||$17||Next business day||$25|