Track every click with Crazy Egg
Crazy Egg’s heat maps and scroll reports help paint a picture of how your users interact with your site.
Crazy Egg is a web analytics company specialising in user experience (UX) and usability tools. It was founded in 2005 by Neil Patel and is based in La Mirada, California. Clients of Crazy Egg include Yahoo!, Etsy and Dell. A basic plan can be accessed for around US$9/month.
Prices last checked August 2017
What does Crazy Egg do?
Crazy Egg offers web analytics that focus on how a website’s visitors interact with its pages. Its “Big Four” offerings to do this are:
- Heatmap. A heatmap looks a bit like a weather map in terms of the thermal imaging approach it takes. It shows you where people are clicking your site, which shows you what parts of it are hot and which parts could use changes, in order to deliver more conversions.
- Confetti. Every individual click on your website is displayed and classified by where it came from, what the visitor was searching for, and more.
- Scrollmap. The scrollmaps visualise your website in degrees of heat. The most-viewed portions appear dark red with the colour going lighter to indicate how far down a page visitors are scrolling before leaving the site altogether.
- Overlay. This combines the other elements to provide a cohesive look at how many clicks each element is bringing to the website.
Other Crazy Egg features
- Recordings. Signing up for any of Crazy Egg’s packages also earns you the right to add its Recordings offering for free. This is exactly what it sounds like: taking video of user time on the website to see what visitors viewed, what they clicked on and what was their stopping point before leaving the site.
- A WordPress plugin.
Plans and pricing
|Basic||10,000 Visits Per Month|
10 Active Pages
|Standard||25,000 Visits Per Month|
20 Active Pages
|Plus||100,000 Visits Per Month|
50 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
|Pro||250,000 Visits Per Month|
100 Active Pages
Priority Email Support
Priority Phone Support
All prices in US dollars. Prices last checked August 2017
Pros and cons
Crazy Egg has several user experience visualisations that are unique, and they can add a new dimension to how you view your web metrics. However, some of its own customer interaction is a bit lacking.
- All plans are free for the first 30 days.
- Although not easy to find, its site map makes travelling the website very simple.
- For being a website all about user experience, its front page is confusing and contains very little information other than a way to sign up.
- The free trial still requires you to enter your credit card information, a considerable turnoff for many browsers.
FAQs about Crazy Egg
More guides on Finder
Where to bulk buy N95, P2 and FFP3 face masks
If you’re looking to outfit your staff in respiratory face masks, these online retailers can help.
How to sell on Instagram
Learn how to set up your shop and start selling on your Instagram posts and stories.
Top domain and web hosting sites 2020
If you are looking to start up a business, expand your existing business or even start a blog, you will need a domain name. We have looked online and found the top eight domain and web hosting sites. These domain providers have a host of features, are user friendly and are affordable too
Refresh Financial Secured Card Review
Learn how the Refresh Secured Card can help you improve your credit score.
Create high-impact infographics with Infogram
Infogram is a web-based visual data representation platform that allows users of all skill levels to create charts, infographics and maps from their own data sets.
DeepCrawl makes technical SEO simple
DeepCrawl crawls your website to analyse your site architecture and help reveal technical issues that could be affecting your SEO performance.
Optimize your website’s images with Kraken
Speed up your website’s load times and reduce the size of images while maintaining their quality with Kraken.io.
TextTrust: Spell check your entire site in just minutes
Using its own proprietary technology, TextTrust can check your website for spelling mistakes. Eliminate the chance of poor Google results and the loss of brand reputation from website visitors finding unprofessional errors.
Dive deep into web analytics with Clicky
Clicky delivers real-time web analytics to websites with an easy-to-use dashboard and lots of extra bells and whistles once you get the Pro plan.
Hide.Me Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
Hide.Me is a VPN provider that will set you up with an account and provide support to do so. It has a slick website, a blog full of tips on online security, and an affordable pricing scheme.The organization is based in Malaysia, where companies are not required by law to track subscriber activity. Due to this they can guarantee users a high level of security.