Zurich commercial car insurance review
Globally experienced service for any car type, if you qualify.
finder.com’s rating: 3.5 / 5.0
Cover nearly any type of vehicle from a global company that’s worked with Fortune 500s. But you’ll have to get past its lackluster North America website and policy requirements first.
|States served||All 50 states|
|Claims methods||online, email, phone, mail, in-person|
|Lifetime repairs guarantee|
- Experienced insurer
- Over 250 vehicle classes insured
- Global company
- Confusing, inoperable website
- Multiple requirements
- Lack of coverage information
Sarah George is a staff writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for nearly five years, after earning an English education degree. Her insurance know-how has been featured on CarInsurance.com. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
Zurich covers nearly any type of vehicle you may own and has proven its experience as a Fortune 500 insurer. Also, you can get coverage for heavyweight trucks and there’s over 3,000 repair shops to keep trucks moving.
However, the company has an abundance of exclusions and policy requirements and its website lacks important coverage information.
How to contact Zurich
You can reach Zurich’s customer service via phone, email, standard mail or contact form:
- Phone. Dial 800-382-2150 for the company’s Customer Inquiry Center.
- Email. Send Zurich your questions by email to email@example.com.
- Online. Fill out the company’s contact form for further policy information.
- Mailing address. Send documents to Zurich’s physical location at:
Customer Inquiry Center
Zurich North America
1400 American Lane
Schaumburg, IL 60196
What business auto insurance does Zurich offer?
Zurich may offer additional coverage other than the standard. However, its website doesn’t provide details about its coverage, meaning you’ll have to call for specifics or to get a quote.
Standard coverage may include:
- Property damage liability. Protects other drivers from vehicle or property damage when your business is faulted with an accident.
- Bodily injury liability. Ensure everyone is safe from injuries on the road, even the other driver and passengers involved.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Opt for this policy to cover you when a driver doesn’t carry the coverage your business needs.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Take responsibility for employee medical bills and sometimes income loss or funeral benefits.
- Collision. Pay for vehicle repairs or replacement without taking a hit to your business.
What features does Zurich offer for businesses?
The company includes several beneficial features that businesses can take advantage of:
- Truck insurance. Zurich includes expanded guidelines to help trucking companies get the coverage needed.
- Virtual risk consulting. Zurich gives you an online, industry-specific report that identifies risk areas and ways to safeguard your company.
- 24/7 glass repairs. File glass repair claims around the clock for quick service.
- Vehicle rental program. Zurich connects you with rentals at negotiated prices when your vehicles are in the shop.
Zurich commercial car insurance reviews and complaints
Zurich North America holds an A+ rating with the BBB with few complaints reported. However, of those filed, several customers have reported difficulty with the claims process and customer service. Keep in mind the small number of reviews and complaints for commercial car insurance.
The company also includes a Superior (A+) financial rating with AM Best for its strong balance sheet and diverse revenue sources as of October 2020.
Compare alternatives to Zurich commercial auto insurance
Where can I get commercial car insurance from Zurich?
Zurich offers commercial car insurance in all US states, either through direct underwriting or its partnerships.
Pros and cons of Zurich commercial car insurance
- Experienced insurer. Zurich claims to work with over 90% of Fortune 500 companies as well as mid-level businesses.
- Over 250 vehicle classes insured. No matter what type of vehicle, you can most likely get coverage.
- Global company. Because Zurich serves multiple countries, you could stick with the same insurer for your global reach. This also attests to the company’s solid finances.
- Heavyweight truck coverage. Zurich offers coverage for heavyweight and excess weight trucks, as well as over 3,000 repair shops to keep trucks up and running.
- Confusing, inoperable website. When we tried navigating Zurich North America’s website, some important sections, like claims and product pages, led nowhere.
- Multiple requirements. The company includes many qualifications and exclusions for commercial auto policies. For example, Zurich has driver age restrictions and requires at least as many CDL drivers as vehicles needing a CDL license.
- Lack of coverage information. Zurich’s commercial car insurance page doesn’t list the coverage offered. You’ll need to call a representative for details.
Frequently asked questions about Zurich
Car insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our insurance team analyzes car insurance providers to help you choose the best car insurance for you.
We rank insurers from one to five stars based on key factors including customer satisfaction, policy options, price, billing, claims, and support. We create these rankings to help you narrow down an insurance provider that best suits your budget and coverage needs.