Vox Telecom offers super-fast internet speeds and typically offers a secure, reliable range of Internet products that include some competitive prices. When it comes to fibre plans, customers have a choice of flexible bundles to pick from, including both uncapped and capped deals, depending on their personal needs.
Read on to find out what you need to know about Vox Telecom fibre.
What type of fibre plans are offered by Vox Telecom?
Here’s a sample of Vox Telecom’s fibre plan types, which are offered via the Vuma network:
- Vox Telecom Vumatel Pro Fibre Plans. Download speeds and upload speeds tend to be the same with Vox Telecom’s higher-end plans (this is sometimes referred to by providers as ‘symmetrical plans’). Internet speeds range from 10 Mbbs and a whopping 200Mbps, depending on the plan you choose. Enjoy uncapped usage. Prices typically range from R919 to R1749 per month, while a ‘Basic’ version starts from R719 monthly.
- Vox Telecom Vumatel Basic Fibre Plans. Download speeds range from 10Mbps to 200Mbps, while upload speeds are between 2Mbps and 20Mbs. Get uncapped usage. Prices typically range from R649 to R1399.
The plans listed above are all available on month-to-month contracts – however, installation is billed if you cancel your service within 12 months. Other fees and charges may apply. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of any fibre plan you compare, so that you’re fully aware of any charges you could face.
Before applying for a plan, you’ll also need to make sure you live in a Vox Telkom fibre area. You can check your eligibility on Vox Telecom’s website. You can also check your existing internet speed here.
Benefits of Vox Telecom
- Very quick Internet speeds. With speeds of up to 200Mbps, you can feel comfortable about being able to use multiple devices on your plan simultaneously. Plus, some plans include the ability to boost speeds up to 1Gbps
- One invoice. The hassle-free approach to billing means your line rental and bundled services come from one provider.
Features of Vox Telecom
- Flexible plans. With Vox Telecom, you can build a package that suits your browsing needs. For example, you may be able to add an uncapped voice service and/or Office 365.
- Month-to-month contracts. Vox Telecom offers monthly contract options on all its bundles, which can be helpful if you’d rather not commit for the longer term.
- Related plans. In addition to its fibre broadband, this provider offers an array of other services and products: data, voice, cloud, business conference tools, and more.
Pros and cons
- Unlike some providers, Vox Telecom has plans which offer matched download/upload speeds
- Home installation and activation is free on many plans
- Round-the-clock customer support is available
- Vox Telecom’s fibre plans start from R598 p/m, whereas MWEB has deals from as little as R399 a month
How to apply with Vox Telecom fibre
The quickest way to apply for Vox Telecom fibre is to do so online. Again, you’ll want to start by ensuring that you check first to see if you live in an area that will allow the installation of the fibre service you want to get.
Frequently asked questions
Should I get a capped or uncapped internet plan?
Ultimately that’s up to you and the right choice will depend on your circumstances. Many fibre internet packages have uncapped plans and, as long as you stay within ‘reasonable usage’ as outlined by your service provider, you can pretty much stream or download as much content as you want – without reaching a cap and incurring additional charges.
If you choose a capped plan, you’d only want to be using the Internet for a couple of hours per day at most. You might save money with a capped package, but it may not save you that much. Meanwhile, an uncapped plan may bring you more peace of mind. It’s up to you to weight up these and other factors before making an informed decision based on your needs.
Can I buy other services with a broadband package?
Yes, absolutely. You can buy a bundle which includes your fibre internet along with home entertainment, such as a TV package and/or landline. These are also available from many telecom providers in South Africa.
Am I able to switch my broadband provider?
It can be easy to switch broadband, but before doing so you should check the terms of your current contract. Broadband deals in South Africa tend to be month-to-month deals or have 24-month contracts. Whichever type of plan you choose, you should be aware of any penalties that come with breaking your contract. It may be a good idea to wait for a date to cancel your account that will ensure your switch is as hassle-free as possible, and one that doesn’t incur any unwanted penalties.