Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Vodacom fibre review
Enjoy speeds of up to 100Mbps and an unlimited data allowance with Vodacom.
Vodacom is South Africa’s biggest cell phone network, operating in over 30 African countries across the continent. Individuals and businesses can visit Vodacom to set themselves up with a range of Internet plans. Additionally, the telecoms giant offers mobile phones, as well as a growing range of insurance policies and legal cover.
Read on to find out what you need to know about Vodacom fibre deals and plans.
What fibre plans are offered by Vodacom?
Vodacom Fibre offers high-speed broadband connectivity with speeds typically ranging from around 4Mbps to 100Mbps. Vodacom partners with different providers to deliver fibre services and the ones you are eligible for will depend on where you live. Here are a couple of fibre plan types on the Vuma network:
- Vodacom Vuma Symmetrical Fibre Plans. Speeds range from 10Mbps to 100Mbps with an uncapped data allowance. The monthly cost ranges from R849 to R1249.
- Vodacom Vuma Asymmetrical Fibre Plans. Speeds range from 10/2 Mbps to 100/10Mbps. Uncapped data allowance. Monthly cost ranges between R549 and R1199.
You can check for fibre coverage in your area on Vodacom’s website. You can also see your existing internet speed with our easy-to-use tool.
Benefits of Vodacom fibre
- Super-fast Internet. Enjoy peace of mind that you can connect multiple devices to the internet at the same time. As well as ultra-fast internet speeds, you’ll get the added benefit of a voice line.
- Free router. Typically there’s no cost for installation or activation of your router.
- Free LTE network connection. Access the web for up to 1 month in the event you need to wait for your fibre to be ready.
- Added security. With Vodacom fibre, high-speed data is delivered to your home or business via glass cabling which is typically more stable than ADSL, which uses copper cable that is subject to damage and theft.
Features of Vodacom fibre
- Flexible plans. Choose from capped or uncapped Vodacom Fibre 24-month, 12-month or month-to-month price plans. But be aware that if you’re choosing a month-to-month contract, any free devices/installation is billable if you cancel your service within 24 months.
- Manage your Fibre profile online. Change your WiFi router password and name, track your data usage and more at your own convenience.
- Business Internet Fibre. Take advantage of speeds of up to 100Mbps and an uncapped data allowance with Vodacom’s business connectivity infrastructure, offering a resilient platform for your critical business applications. Get voice and data connectivity to suit your business needs. Plus, round-the-clock support with dedicated secure managed services.
Pros and cons
- Very fast Internet speeds
- Strong network coverage in South Africa
- Multiple linked products, including business broadband deals and cloud services
- 24/7 support
- Some reviews have noted issues with customer service after connectivity problems.
- Prices can be high compared to other deals on the market
How to apply for Vodacom fibre
The quickest way to apply for Vodacom fibre is to do so online via Vodacom’s website. You can also call Vodacom on 082 1904, or visit a retail store in-person. Make sure you check first to see if you live in an area that has Vodacom Fibre coverage.
Frequently asked questions
What fees apply if I cancel my Vodacom Fibre deal before the end of my contract?
If you cancel your fibre contract early, you’ll be required to settle the balance of your contract in full. You could also be charged a one-off cost for your router as well as installation and activation charges. Other fees and charges may apply, so, it’s really important to read the terms and conditions before signing up to a broadband deal with Vodacom.
What’s the difference between a symmetrical connection and an asymmetrical connection?
A symmetrical connection is one which offers equal download/upload speeds, while an asymmetrical connection doesn’t have the same download/upload speeds available to users.
Where can I get further help from Vodacom?
You can contact Vodacom’s customer care team on 082 1904 if you need assistance with any account issues. The call centre operates between 6 am in the morning till 10pm at night, 7 days a week. To log a connectivity issue, you can also send an email to email@example.com.
More guides on Finder
Amazon Prime Day Shopping Statistics 2021
24% of South African adults plan to shop the Amazon Prime Day 2021 sales, according to the latest statistics from Finder’s Amazon Prime Day shopping report.
South Africa Reserve Bank repo rate forecast report March 2021
The repo rate is set to hold this March meeting, according to a unanimous vote by 25 panellists.
What to know about travelling to Thailand from South Africa during COVID-19
The rules and regulations for travelling to Thailand right now.
Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: October 2020
We asked 30 panellists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
How to buy The Honest Company (HNST) shares from South Africa
Here’s everything we know so far about The Honest Company IPO and how to buy in from South Africa.
What you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from South Africa during COVID-19
This is what you should know about travelling to the Netherlands from South Africa.
What you need to know before travelling to Mexico from South Africa during COVID-19
Here’s what you need to know when travelling to Mexico from South Africa.
What you need to know before travelling to the USA from South Africa during COVID-19
This is what you need to know about travelling to the USA from South Africa.
How to buy and sell Dogecoin (DOGE)
A beginner’s guide to buying and selling this decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocurrency in South Africa.
Benefit from zero trade commission on selected accounts, low spreads and a host of advanced trading tools with Exness online brokerage.
Ask an Expert