Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Uncapped Fibre Deals
Get an unlimited Internet plan and make excess data charges a thing of the past.
With more South Africans now working from home due to the coronavirus, it’s a good idea to upgrade to an unlimited Internet plan. Your usual data-capped plan may not be enough, especially if you’re now spending more time at home and eating up more data.
Luckily, a number of providers offer unlimited Internet plans which could ensure you’ll never hit a data limit and get your Internet speed slowed down.
What should I consider when comparing unlimited Internet plans?
While the exact plans you can access depends on where you live and what type of connection you have, here’s what matters when it comes to comparing unlimited data plans:
- Speed. Keep in mind that not all speed tiers are available at all addresses. Your actual connection speed may also vary depending on things like hardware and Wi-Fi signal, though these are largely outside the control of providers.
- Cost. Even between plans offering similar connections, there can be a fair variation in price. Prices typically range from around R400 to over R1500 monthly, with the biggest price differences due to what connection speed they offer. Some of the more expensive options might include enticing extras, like TV packages.
- Contract type. Broadband plans can either come as fixed-length contracts (e.g. 12 or 24 months) or month-to-month options. Generally, a fixed-length contract will offer reduced set-up fees or a bonus feature, but will charge you a hefty exit fee if you want to cancel your service before the term is up.
- Streaming services, e.g. Netflix, Showmax
- Sports TV packages
- Free modem
- Discounts off mobile plan prices
- Home phone included
Can I get unlimited broadband on-the-go?
If you’re looking for unlimited data, there aren’t a whole lot of alternatives to fixed-line connections. While mobile broadband is a reasonable choice when compared to Fibre, offering competitive speeds, there’s nothing yet available that approaches the largely unconditional unlimited data plans.
While fixed-line connections are still your best bet in terms of data per rupee, great alternatives appear to be on their way.
Unlimited Internet plans:
- Afrihost 100 Mbps
- Telkom 100 Mbps
- Supersonic 100 Mbps
More guides on Finder
NFT statistics 2021
Finder polled over 28,000 people in an online survey across 20 countries to compare NFT ownership and found South Africa ranks 12th for NFT adoption.
How to buy N/A (N/A) shares in South Africa
Trump Media and Technology Group is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from South Africa.
Benefit from zero trade commission on selected accounts, low spreads and a host of advanced trading tools with Exness online brokerage.
Starlink: South Africa pricing, launch date, features and competitors
Elon Musk’s Starlink promises to bring high-speed, satellite-based Internet across South Africa. We break down how it works, the costs, availability and competition it might be up against.
Compare desktop computers
Find out how to compare your options and choose a desktop computer that suits your unique needs in our detailed desktop computer buying guide.
USB-C hub buying guide
Learn how to select a USB-C hub that best suits your needs.
How to increase your upload speed
With upload speeds usually lagging behind download speeds, read our tips on how to improve your service.
Afrihost Fibre Review
Get lightning-fast internet speeds of up to 1Gbps when choosing Afrihost.
Vox Telecom Fibre Review
Take advantage of speeds of up to 1Gbps, 24/7 customer support, and more with Vox Telecom.
Telkom Fibre Review
Take advantage of speeds of up to 200Mbps when choosing a fibre internet plan with Telkom. Pick between month-to-month deals or 24-month plans.
Ask an Expert