Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Togo
If you need to send money to Togo, our guide will help you learn how.
Whether you have a friend or family member who needs a little help or are sending money to a visitor, transferring money from South Africa to Togo can be a simple process. You can use a money transfer service or go through a bank, but be sure to shop around before you decide so you can get the best exchange rates.
Banks versus money transfer companies
Although major South African banks offer money transfer services, they usually have less competitive exchange rates and high transfer fees. It’s cheaper and sometimes faster to use the services of a dedicated money transfer company. These providers specialize in handling overseas money transfers, offering attractive exchange rates and affordable transfer fees.
Compare money transfer services to Togo
Find the right company by comparing these details
- Exchange rates. How does the company’s exchange compare to the competition?
- Fees. How much will you have to pay per transfer, and does this amount differ based on the amount you send or the transfer method you select?
- Transfer methods. What do you need to do to place a transfer? Can you visit a website, make a phone call, visit a branch or use a smartphone app?
- Transfer options. Can you lock in an ideal exchange rate now and transfer the money later, known as a forward contract? Does the institution offer limit orders, which allows you to take advantage of changing market conditions by executing the money transfer when a certain exchange rate is met? Can you schedule recurring payments?
- Turnaround time. How long will the transfer take from the moment you hand over the cash to the moment your recipient can access the funds?
- Minimum limit. If a minimum transfer limit applies, how high is it? Is there a maximum transfer limit?
- Pickup methods. Can your beneficiary collect the cash from a transfer agent, or will they need to wait for it to be deposited into their bank account?
- Customer service. Can you rely on phone, email and online customer support if you ever need help?
Exchange rates between currenciesExchange rates fluctuate daily due to different political and economic influences, so it’s important you compare exchange rates over the course of a few days to be sure you’re trading money at the highest value.
Steps to send money to Togo
- Find a money transfer company from the table above and click Go to Site.
- Give a bit of information about yourself–name, contact information, address, etc. A valid form of photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport, will also be required.
- Give information about your recipient (name, contact details).
- Decide the amount of money you want to transfer and where you want it send.
- Save your tracking number to ensure your transfer got to your recipient.
Options for sending money from South Africa to Togo
- Bank transfers. Transfer the funds from your South African bank account to a bank account in Togo.
- Online money transfer providers. Companies like TransferMate can help you send secure and affordable transfers.
- Money transfer companies with cash pickup options. Western Union and MoneyGram offer fast and secure transfers, with the cash available for pickup from agent locations throughout Togo.
Tips for picking up cash in Togo
- Avoid cash pickup locations in unsafe areas.
- Ask a friend to join you when you go to pick up the cash.
- Don’t display your cash in public.
- Don’t carry a large amount of cash around in your wallet – deposit it with your bank or in a hotel safe.
- Stay aware of your personal security at all times.
Emergency cash transfers in Togo
You’ve just had an urgent phone call from your family in Togo — they need money as soon as possible to settle a debt. Sending an instant transfer is quite easy, but you will have to pay more. Make sure you closely check all the details of any transaction before you commit to it since the fees will likely be high. It’s not the best option, but when you’re in need, there are emergency services available.
More guides on Finder
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Gemini vs Coinbase
We compare these two large cryptocurrency exchanges to see how their fees, features and customer support stack up.
South Africa Reserve Bank repo rate forecast report March 2021
The repo rate is set to hold this March meeting, according to a unanimous vote by 25 panellists.
Finder’s Bitcoin Predictions Report: December 2020
We asked 47 experts for their cryptocurrency price predictions and took a deep dive into the Bitcoin price rally.
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from South Africa
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Robinhood stock from South Africa
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from South Africa.
How to buy Coinbase (COIN) shares from South Africa
Steps to owning and managing Coinbase shares.
Fees and features to consider before signing up for a Firstrade brokerage account.
ZAR to SZL Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates South African Rand to Swazi Lilangeni. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to SZL.
ZAR to PKR Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates South African Rand to Pakistani Rupee. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PKR.
Ask an Expert