Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Seychelles
If you’re looking for the best possible deal when you send money to Seychelles, compare your transfer options and search for the best exchange rate.
Seychelles may be a small island nation off the coast of Africa, but it doesn’t mean you’re out of luck when you need to send money there from South Africa. Compare exchange rates and transfer fees from different providers to see where you can get the best deal to keep your costs low while sending as many Seychellois rupees to your recipient.
Compare international money transfers to Seychelles
Banks versus money transfer companies
Banks may be the first thought for many people, but when you want to send money to Seychelles, you may be better off looking elsewhere. Even if you can find a bank that deals with the Seychellois rupee, which is considered an exotic currency, you’ll likely still face poor exchange rates and high fees.
You may be able to save money on your end while sending more Seychellois rupees to your recipient by finding a money transfer company. These specialize in making transfers to countries around the world, and better yet, fees tend to be lower and exchange rates tend to be much closer to market value than you’d get with a bank.
Foreign exchange rates explained
Banks and money transfer companies use exchange rates to determine how much one currency is worth when it’s converted to the currency of another country. This amount can fluctuate from day to day due to economic forces such as inflation and interest rates, so if you plan on making frequent transfers to Seychelles, it pays to be vigilant and find an exchange rate that will yield more Seychellois rupees per rand you send.
What are my options for sending money to the Seychelles?
- Specialist transfer providers. Because Seychelles is so small, you’ll need to shop around to see which ones send money to Seychelles from South Africa.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Western Union and MoneyGram both have several cash pickup locations in Seychelles.
- Bank transfers. Banks are unlikely to offer an exotic currency like the Seychellois rupee, but you may still be able to find one that can make a transfer to your recipient’s bank account.
What are the steps to send money to Seychelles?
- Compare your options. Use the comparison table above to find a money transfer company. When you’re ready, click Go to site to be redirected to the provider’s website.
- Sign up for an account. Many online transfer companies will require you to sign up for a free account, but this may not always be necessary. However, you will need to provide your name, address and contact details.
- Enter your transaction information. The next step is to provide all the details of your transaction, including where you are sending your money, in what currency, and the amount to be transferred.
- Pay for your transfer. If you’re happy with the exchange rate and transfer fee on offer, pay for your transfer and keep any receipt so you can track your transfer.
Emergency cash transfers in Seychelles
If time is of the essence and you need to send money to Seychelles as quickly as possible, cash pickup transfer companies can complete transactions in as little as 10 minutes. But before you send a cash transfer, make sure you review just how much the transaction will cost. Higher fees and lower exchange rates often apply, so know what you’re agreeing to before you pay for a transaction.
Tips for picking up cash in Seychelles
It always pays to be safe no matter where you are in the world. To avoid becoming a target for theft when picking up large amounts of cash, research the agent location ahead of time and bring a friend along. Keep your guard up, and never take out your money in public. And once you have your rupees, deposit them in a bank account or safe as quickly as possible.
Making a money transfer doesn’t have to be a chore. By comparing your options, you can quickly find a way to send money from South Africa to Seychelles. Avoid the headache by knowing exactly where to go to get the most Seychellois rupees for your rand, and read up on money transfers so you can make the best decision when looking into your options.
More guides on Finder
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
Gemini vs Coinbase
We compare these two large cryptocurrency exchanges to see how their fees, features and customer support stack up.
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from South Africa
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Robinhood stock from South Africa
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from South Africa.
How to buy Coinbase (COIN) shares from South Africa
Steps to owning and managing Coinbase shares.
Purchase order financing explained
Short-term financing when your business doesn’t have the cash flow to fill all its orders.
How to buy Databricks stock in South Africa when it goes public
Here’s everything we know so far about the Databricks IPO.
Fees and features to consider before signing up for a Firstrade brokerage account.
How to buy stock in Airbnb (ABNB) in South Africa
This vacation-rental giant has finally gone public. Learn how to invest in Airbnb in South Africa.
ZAR to PKR Exchange Rate
Live exchange rates South African Rand to Pakistani Rupee. Historic exchange rates for 10 days ✔ 10 months ✔ 10 years ✔ Calculate your money transfer to PKR.
Ask an Expert