Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send money to Poland
Need to send money from South Africa to Poland? Here’s how you can do it safely, conveniently and cheaply.
Compare international money transfer services to Poland
How do international money transfers work?
International money transfers allow you to send money to a recipient in a different country, generally by providing funds to a bank or independent money transfer company. You have plenty of delivery methods, too. Bank-to-bank transfers, cash pick-up and deposits are all possible. All you need to do is find the right company with a good exchange rate and low fees and complete a few simple forms. Then your recipient should get their cash within a few days.
Banks versus money transfer companies/services
While banks can easily send international wire transfers, they’ll charge high fees and offer unattractive exchange rates. Money transfer companies, on the other hand, focus solely on moving money internationally. This allows them to offer better exchange rates and lower fees than you would get from a bank, making it a more affordable way to send money to Poland.
Options for sending money to Poland from South Africa
- Money transfer companies with cash pick-up options. Providers like Western Union allow your recipient to pick up the funds you send at agent locations across Poland.
- Bank transfers. Most major banks will allow you to send an international wire transfer to Poland.
- Online money transfer providers. Send money to any Polish bank account from the convenience of your own home.
- PayPal. PayPal may be better known for allowing you to pay for online shopping purchases but it’s also able to send international money transfers.
- Cheques. Sending an international cheque is a slow but effective transfer method.
How to send money to Poland
If you’ve decided to go with a money transfer company, follow these steps to make the process quick and painless.
- Compare your money transfer options in the table above.
- Click “Go to site” and register with the provider.
- Start a transaction, enter your recipient’s information and how much you want to send.
- Pay for your transfer and save your receipt or tracking number.
You can use your tracking number to keep an eye on the progress of your transfer and report any problems if they come up.
Foreign exchange rates explainedBoth money transfer companies and banks use exchange rate to determine how much one country’s currency is worth when converted to the currency of another currency. And because the South African rand is quite weak compared to the Polish zloty, you’ll be able to send less zloty per rand you spend. Keep in mind that this amount changes daily, so you’ll want to stay on top of trends if you plan on frequently sending money to Poland.
Emergency cash transfers in Poland
If you need to send money to Poland in a hurry, be wary of the fees and exchange rate that apply to your transaction. You’ll usually be charged a premium for sending an urgent transfer. Closely check the full cost of your transaction, and don’t be afraid to take a little extra time to compare your options. It could save your money and get more zloty in your recipient’s pocket when they need it most.
Tips for picking up cash in Poland
Whenever you pick up the funds from a cash transfer, make sure that you follow a few simple safety precautions to prevent yourself from becoming a victim of theft.
- Avoid any high-crime areas.
- Take a friend along for assistance and security.
- Stay aware of your personal security at all times.
- Deposit large sums into your bank account instead of carrying them around.
More guides on Finder
Binaryx offers an intuitive interface for investors to trade a range of crypto and fiat assets.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Gemini vs Coinbase
We compare these two large cryptocurrency exchanges to see how their fees, features and customer support stack up.
Finder’s Bitcoin Predictions Report: December 2020
We asked 47 experts for their cryptocurrency price predictions and took a deep dive into the Bitcoin price rally.
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from South Africa
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Robinhood stock from South Africa
Robinhood is expected to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from South Africa.
How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from South Africa
Deliveroo is set to go public, here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to buy in from South Africa.
Purchase order financing explained
Short-term financing when your business doesn’t have the cash flow to fill all its orders.
How to buy Databricks stock in South Africa when it goes public
Here’s everything we know so far about the Databricks IPO.
Fees and features to consider before signing up for a Firstrade brokerage account.
Ask an Expert