Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Instant online payday loans, no paperwork required
Find out if payday lenders can offer instant loans with no paperwork.
A payday loan can help you get out of a tight spot, but despite what lenders promise, instant payday loans don’t exist. Some lenders automate approvals online if you meet eligibility criteria, but the earliest you can get your money is the next business day. Similarly, even though lenders claim that no paperwork is required, reputable lenders would require minimal paperwork to keep you, and the lender safe. Here’s our guide to “instant” online payday loans in South Africa with little paperwork, including their features, benefits and costs.
Can I get an instant online payday loan with no paperwork?
No, but you may be able to receive your funds quickly if you apply in-store. If you apply online, your loan funds could be available in one business day (though it might take longer, depending on your bank). State laws determine how much you can borrow, and the lender sets qualifications you must meet to be approved. You must provide some form of minimal paperwork to prove to lenders that you meet these qualifications. For example, most providers require your SA ID, proof of employment, bank statements and sometimes your local mobile phone number.
How do instant online payday loans with little paperwork work?
If you want to get an instant online payday loan in South Africa with little paperwork, you must meet some eligibility criteria first.
Applying at a storefront means your application is processed within a few minutes, but you’ll need to bring along your documentation. With quick online payday loans in South Africa, you typically submit everything online from the comfort of your own home and receive a preliminary decision within minutes.
The time it takes for funds to get to your bank account depends on the lender you choose. Storefront lenders can give you funding that day, and most online lenders can transfer your loan to you as soon as the next business day. If you have an eligible prepaid debit card, you may have the option to have funds loaded on it.
If you apply in-store, you may have to leave behind a physical check that the lender can cash on the due date. For quick online loans with few paperwork requirements, the money will be automatically debit your repayments from your bank account on the due date.
If you’re new to payday loans in South Africa, consider reading our guide here first.
Top features to compare
If you’re thinking of applying for an instant payday loan in South Africa with little paperwork, review these features to choose a lender that’s right for you.
- Processing time. Although quick online loans with few paperwork requirements may not be “instant”, select lenders do offer 5-minute evaluation periods. This usually means that you could receive your loan approval quicker, and gain access to your funds faster.
- Loan amounts. Choose an online payday loan that covers your desired costs. It’ll also be helpful to choose a payment plan that best fits your borrowing needs.
- Interest rates and hidden costs. Always consider the total cost of getting a quick online loan with few paperwork requirements, including establishment fees, early repayment fees and late payment fees.
Benefits and drawbacks to consider
What are the benefits of quick online loans with little paperwork requirements?
- You can use the funds for any purpose. This includes paying bills, car repairs, traveling or simply getting through a financial rough patch — as long as it’s legal.
- You can still apply with bad credit. Lenders that have little paperwork requirements tend to have more lenient credit specifications, thus being open to poor-credit borrowers.
- You’ll get the money quickly. If you need money in a hurry, applying for a quick online loan with few paperwork requirements is one of your options.
What are the drawbacks?
- You’ll pay higher fees. If you want instant online payday loans, no paperwork required, you might bear higher costs. The speed of service and ease of application comes at a premium. This is on top of the already higher fees that come with payday loans.
- It is a short-term solution. You typically have to repay on or before your next payday. If you want a longer loan term, consider an installment loan instead. Using short-term payday loans is not a solution to a long-term problem. Don’t get stuck in a cycle of debt.
Is there anything else to consider before applying?
If you’re really interested in instant online payday loans, no paperwork required, then your ideal provider would offer quick disbursement of funds and lenient application requirements. Do note that this tends to come with a higher price tag. Besides this, the ease and speed of application might entice you into applying for a loan before thinking your options through. Make sure you know exactly how you’re going to repay the loan. If you aren’t able to pay back the loan on time, you could be charged extra fees and higher interest rates. On top of that, your credit rating might also suffer.
Most importantly, limit your search to state-approved lenders with valid licenses.
Frequently asked questions
How much time does it take to submit an application?
You can complete many applications within 15 minutes, provided you have the required information close at hand.
I am an individual with poor credit ratings. Can I apply for instant online payday loans, no paperwork required?
Most poor-credit individuals will be asked to provide larger amounts of documentation so as to prove to lenders that they can repay the loan. However, the amount of paperwork required and the speed of application ultimately depends on your chosen provider, so you may or may not be eligible for such loans.
Do I need to provide bank account details to apply for a quick online loan with few paperwork requirements?
Yes, online payday loan providers require applicants to give details of bank accounts that allow direct debits and credits.
What are my options for funding?
Most payday lenders will deliver funds your bank account on approval. Alternative funding can be deposited onto prepaid debit card or funded in cash. Confirm your options with your potential lenders before applying.
More guides on Finder
Ravencoin (RVN): What is it and how do you buy it in South Africa?
Your guide to peer-to-peer asset transfer network Ravencoin and how you can buy and mine this new cryptocurrency. You’ll also learn about key things to consider before buying RVN.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
Finder Cryptocurrency Predictions Report: October 2020
We asked 30 panellists for their cryptocurrency price predictions, the outlook for DeFi and how long they think high returns on yield farming might last.
Benefit from zero trade commission on selected accounts, low spreads and a host of advanced trading tools with Exness online brokerage.
Purchase order financing explained
Short-term financing when your business doesn’t have the cash flow to fill all its orders.
Fees and features to consider before signing up for a Firstrade brokerage account.
BlackBull Markets Review: A Professional Trading Platform
Read the BlackBull Markets review to learn more about this online trading platform.
How to invest in index funds
The ins and outs of bundling stocks with this accessible investing option.
Best vehicle finance*
Taking out vehicle finance is a commitment that typically lasts for a number of years, so you want to be sure you’re choosing a loan that meets your needs.
Why was my car finance application rejected?
Didn’t get approved for car finance? We take you through the common reasons why lenders reject vehicle finance applications, and what you can do to get your next application over the line.
Ask an Expert