Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Wonderland (TIME) in South Africa
Learn how to buy Wonderland (TIME) in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Wonderland (TIME) on a cryptocurrency exchange like Gate.io. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms.
Wonderland can be described as a decentralized cross-chain reserve currency that has TIME token as its base currency. Here's how to buy Wonderland.
How to buy Wonderland in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
- Compare crypto exchangesThe easiest way to buy Wonderland is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
- Create an account To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
- Make a depositOnce verified, you can deposit R using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency payments are widely accepted.
- Buy Wonderland You can now exchange your funds for Wonderland. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Wonderland to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Wonderland in South Africa
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade TIME by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Wonderland?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in South Africa to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Wonderland?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Wonderland.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing TIME with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
Where can I buy Wonderland with a credit or debit card?
Once you've created an account, you will need to deposit funds to buy TIME with. You can either deposit local currency from a bank account or credit card, or transfer cryptocurrency from another exchange or wallet. Here are popular deposit methods to buy TIME on the following exchanges:
- Bank account: Transfers from local bank accounts are usually free, but you will need to double-check this with the exchange you choose – this information can be found in our table by clicking on 'view details'.
- Credit or debit card: Linking a card to your account is another convenient way to top up your account, but be aware that it usually attracts an additional fee. An advantage, though, is that you can use a card to make instant purchases or set up a recurring purchase.
- Cryptocurrency: You can usually purchase TIME by trading it for another cryptocurrency like Bitcoin or a stablecoin. This varies between exchanges though, so you will need to search for TIME on the spot market to see what cryptocurrencies it can be traded for.
What is the easiest way to buy Wonderland?
The easiest way to buy TIME is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying TIME, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Wonderland has been performing recently.
Best Wonderland wallets to store your TIME
You can keep your TIME on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Wonderland a good investment?
TIME is the native crypto asset governing most of Wonderland’s innate processes and administrative functions. Some of the project’s core functional and operational aspects include:
- Staking based incentive system: Wonderland’s core benefit from a staking standpoint comes from its supply growth model wherein anytime new TIME tokens are minted via the project’s treasury, a majority of them are distributed amongst its stakers — as per their share of tokens held. The primary advantage for stakers comes from the fact that they are able to enjoy “auto-compounding” of their balances.
- Minters are afforded certain guarantees: When it comes minters being provided with incentives, the official project websiteproject website states that their benefits arise from the simple fact that TIME is able to deliver a high level of price consistency — such that whenever minters set aside a certain sum of capital upfront (for which they are given a fixed return after a set time duration), their returns is assured.
- Forked project: It is important to remember that Wonderland’s operational framework is simply a cross-chain fork of Olympus, a DeFi centric DAO, as a result of which its design is not completely unique.
- Algorithmic token design: As per Coinmarketcap CoinmarketcapTIME is not a stablecoin but rather an asset that makes use of the algorithmic reserve currency model — i.e. it is pegged to other decentralized tokens.
Additional information about Wonderland can be found using our TIME analysis tools.
Today's Wonderland price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Wonderland ($10.92 USD) against its all-time-high price of $10063.72 USD on 07 November 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer TIME is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: November 07, 2021
Wonderland ATH: $10063.72
How to trade, convert or sell WonderlandYou can convert or sell your TIME with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have TIME on.
- If you store your Wonderland in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of TIME you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Wonderland.
- Complete your transaction and move your TIME to a wallet for storage.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Wonderland, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of TIME is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Wonderland or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Binance Coin (BNB) price prediction 2022
Read our expert analysis on Binance Coin and how the token will perform in the future.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
How to buy ADAPad (ADAPAD) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ADAPad, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ADAPAD).
How to buy Paribus (PBX) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Paribus, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PBX).
How to buy JET (JET) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy JET, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (JET).
How to buy Fodl Finance (FODL) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Fodl Finance, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (FODL).
How to buy Nominex (NMX) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Nominex, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (NMX).
How to buy Cardstarter (CARDS) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Cardstarter, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CARDS).
How to buy Router Protocol (ROUTE) in South Africa
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Router Protocol, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ROUTE).
Ask an Expert