Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy GateToken (GT) in South Africa
Learn how to buy GateToken (GT) easily by following a step-by-step guide and compare 10+ crypto exchanges.
How to buy GateToken
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying GateToken.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports GT.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy GateToken.
- Buy GateToken.
Complete your GateToken purchase and then find the best wallet to store GT.
What is GateToken?
GateChain is a decentralized finance (DeFi) platform that has been designed by prominent digital asset exchange, Gate.io. The project serves as a one-stop shop for all of one’s DeFi needs thanks to an ecosystem boasting of a stablecoin offering (USDG), Decentralized Exchange (DEX), loan issuance system, and liquidity mining protocol. In this regard, GT is the native crypto of the platform. According to CoinGecko, it is designed to facilitate a whole host of important transactions taking place within the GateChain ecosystem – such as liquidity mining rewards, voting, etc. – and is also used as collateral for the aforementioned USDG stablecoin.
GateToken (GT) is the 125th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $1,104,153,375. The current price of GateToken is $7.04, which is -0.364% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $7.16 and $6.95 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of December 03, 2021 01:12 UTC.
Where to buy GateToken
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade GT by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
GateToken at a glance
|Total GT supply||300,000,000|
|All time high||US$12.94|
GateToken price performance over time
How to sell GateToken
You can cash out your GT with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have GT on.
If you store your GateToken in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of GT you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of GateToken.
What to consider when buying GateTokenSome of GateChain’s core selling points include:
- Fund security: The platform features a highly innovative crypto storage solution called ‘Vault Account’ that is designed to seamlessly retrieve one’s funds in case they are ever stolen by a third party. Its underlying framework consists of a ‘fault-tolerant mechanism’ that not only maximizes asset privacy, but also guarantees 100% financial coverage at all times.
- Operationally sound mechanics: The DEX powering GateChain provides a high level of transparency and decentralization while offering a relatively good transaction throughput (2000+TPS) rate. Not only that, it also features a fast block confirmation time of approx. 4 seconds.
- Solid design: GateChain utilizes a ‘Decentralized Governance’ module wherein every GT holder is given the chance to participate and vote on various proposals relating to the administration of the platform. Furthermore, GateChain is designed to be future-ready, such that it is compatible with a number of other public chains such as Bitcoin, Cosmos, and Polkadot.
- Solid backing: Gate.io is helmed by a number of trusted industry experts including CEO Lin Han and CMO Marie Tatibouet. It also bears mentioning that, as per several reports, the exchange was able to raise a whopping $64 million as part of its seed funding efforts back in early 2019.
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including GateToken, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of GT is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the GateToken or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
Best Shiba Inu (SHIB) wallets
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is an ERC20 token that can be stored in any Ethereum wallet. Pick a SHIB wallet for long-term storage, short-term trading, or both.
Dogecoin vs Shiba Inu
We dive into the two most prominent meme coins to understand their similarities and differences, and to compare them on supply and other features.
How to buy Illuvium (ILV) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Illuvium (ILV) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to stake NEO
NEO staking involves locking up NEO tokens to earn rewards.
How to stake Avalanche
Learn how to stake AVAX tokens and earn rewards by supporting the Avalanche blockchain.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenised on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
How to buy Waves (WAVES) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Waves (WAVES) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bitcoin Gold (BTG) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bitcoin (Gold) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Avalanche (AVAX) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Avalanche (AVAX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert