Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Casper Network (CSPR) in South Africa
A beginner's guide to buying and selling CSPR in South Africa.
How to buy Casper Network
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Casper Network.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports CSPR.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Casper Network.
- Buy Casper Network.
Complete your Casper Network purchase and then find the best wallet to store CSPR.
What is Casper Network?
Casper is a proof-of-stake blockchain platform that has been designed specifically for enterprises as well as developers. It is the first blockchain that has been devised using the Correct-by-Construction (CBC) Casper specifications. According to Coindesk, CBC was originally created by lead Ethereum developer Vlad Zamfir to help the blockchain scale, but was ditched in favor of a sharding model suggested by Ethereum creator Vitalik Buterin. As a result, Casper is a highly anticipated blockchain that is comparable to Ethereum. It is able to help in the creation of new markets as well as in the tokenization of almost every conceivable asset — without compromising on the network’s overall security, privacy or operational output. CSPR is the native utility token of the Casper ecosystem. It can be used by individuals for staking purposes as well as for securing the network. The currency also serves as the fuel for all of the platform’s native transaction and network activities.
Casper Network (CSPR) is the 259th largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $255,287,898. The current price of Casper Network is $0.106548, which is -3.117% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.11221 and $0.10411 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 24, 2021 07:10 UTC.
Where to buy Casper Network
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade CSPR by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Casper Network at a glance
|Total CSPR supply||10,429,340,261|
|All time high||US$1.33|
|Notable team members||Mrinal Manohar|
|Partnerships||Blockchain-based Service Network, HDAC Technology, PlasmaPay|
|Token uses||Blockchain platform|
Casper Network price performance over time
How to sell Casper Network
You can cash out your CSPR with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have CSPR on.
If you store your Casper Network in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of CSPR you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Casper Network.
What to consider when buying Casper NetworkIf you’re thinking of buying any CSPR, make sure you consider the following:
- Unique consensus mechanism:
- Casper is one of the first blockchain platforms to make use of the Correct-by-Construction (CBC) Casper specification that was developed by Ethereum’s early dev team so as to allow for rapid blockchain adoption and scalability, especially within enterprise circles.
- Scalability: Thanks to its use of a proof-of-stake (PoS) framework, Casper is able to deliver a high level of scalability all while providing users with a host of tools that can be used for database management-related purposes.
- Energy saving: Since the platform depends on select node validators via PoS — unlike the proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism — it is able to reduce its overall electricity requirements. Compared to PoW systems, Casper requires significantly less overall computing power to add new blocks to its ledger.
- Solid backing team: Casper's CEO is Mrinal Manohar, a Carnegie Mellon University graduate who, before getting involved in the crypto space, worked with Microsoft as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), albeit as an intern. In the past, he has invested in a number of high-profile projects, including Ethereum, Tezos, Filecoin and Maker.
- Clifford Sarkin is the company’s chief operating officer. He holds multiple degrees from Harvard Law School and UC Berkeley. Furthermore, in the past, he has been involved with a number of notable projects, including Scalio, ADAPtive Holdings and Metamason.
- Upgradeable Smart Contracts: The platform allows for on-chain smart contracts to be updated seamlessly, thereby completely removing the need for any complex migration processes to be carried out by the user. The system also helps allow users in determining transaction gas costs beforehand fairly accurately.
Casper Network (CSPR) in news
Russia’s Central Bank Is Shutting Its Doors To Bitcoin ETF Trading
Polygon Successfully Averts Catastrophic Loss Of Up To $850 Million
Avalanche of Institutions To Descend on Crypto Markets Over Next 12 to 18 Months: SkyBridge Capital CEO
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Casper Network, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of CSPR is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Casper Network or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Avalanche
Learn how to stake AVAX tokens and earn rewards by supporting the Avalanche blockchain.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenised on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
How to buy Bitcoin Gold (BTG) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy DexTools (DEXT) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the DexTools (DEXT) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy SOLVE (SOLVE) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SOLVE (SOLVE) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to buy Smooth Love Potion (SLP) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Smooth Love Potion (SLP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Mintable Review & Guide
If you are looking to start buying, selling and trading NFTs, Mintable is one of the best places to start.
Sorare Review and Guide
Sorare is an NFT-based fantasy football platform where players can earn money.
How to buy DerivaDAO (DDX) in South Africa
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the DerivaDAO (DDX) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert