Transfers typically take
Hello Paisa international money transfers review
Take a look at Hello Paisa rates and learn about its quick and easy transfers.
- Good for quick and easy transfers to more than 30 countries.
- Not so great for large transfers and transaction fees.
Hello Paisa is a South African money transfer service run by Hello Group, the same company behind Hello Mobile. Regulated by the South African Reserve Bank, it offers fast transfers to 30+ countries including several locations in Africa. However, Hello Paisa’s transaction costs are comparatively high and it applies a maximum daily limit to international transfers.
Why should I consider Hello Paisa?
- Fast transfers. The money you send with Hello Paisa will often be ready for your overseas beneficiary to collect within minutes.
- Easy to use. It’s quick and easy to submit a transfer request via the Hello Paisa mobile app or in-store. You can also pay for your transaction with a bank account deposit.
- Send money to 30+ countries. Hello Paisa allows you to transfer funds to 36 countries around the world, including several locations in Africa.
What to be aware of
- Transaction costs. Hello Paisa’s exchange rate markups and transaction fees can increase the cost of your transfer, so it’s worth comparing costs among money transfer services to see if you can find a better deal.
- Transfer limits. Maximum daily transfer limits apply, so Hello Paisa may not be the best choice if you want to transfer a large amount of money.
How much are Hello Paisa’s international transfer fees?
Hello Paisa charges a transaction fee that is calculated as a percentage of your transaction amount. However, the size of this will vary depending on where you’re sending money. Also, it’s charged as a percentage, the larger your transfer, the more you are likely to pay in fees.
How are Hello Paisa’s exchange rates?
When you send an international transfer with Hello Paisa, you will be charged an exchange rate margin that the company adds to the mid-market exchange rate. Compare the rate you’re quoted with the current mid-market rate to determine the size of the margin Hello Paisa applies.
Hello Paisa allows you to send cash transfers to countries all around the world. Supported currencies include:
- BDT Bangladeshi taka
- BWP Botswana pula
- INR Indian rupee
- KES Kenyan shilling
- NGN Nigerian naira
- PHP Philippine peso
- UGX Ugandan shilling
What are the ways I can send money abroad with Hello Paisa?
Hello Paisa offers several transfer types, including:
- Cash transfers. The most popular transfer method with Hello Paisa is to transfer funds to a cash collection point in your recipient’s country. This offers a fast and simple way to send money overseas.
- Mobile wallet transfers. Depending on where you’re sending money, you may be able to transfer funds directly to your recipient’s mobile wallet.
- Bank account transfers. You can also opt to have the money you send deposited directly into your recipient’s bank account.
However, please note that not all transfer methods are available to all destinations, so check with Hello Paisa to find out what pickup methods are available to your recipient.
What payment methods does Hello Paisa accept?
You can pay for your Hello Paisa transfer in two ways:
- Cash at a Hello Store or pay-in point at one of the provider’s retail partners
- Bank transfer to one of Hello Paisa’s bank accounts
How long does an international transfer with Hello Paisa take?
Transfers with Hello Paisa typically take one day. Keep in mind that transfer times can vary depending on where you’re sending funds and the amount you transfer.
For most transfer methods, funds are often available for collection by your recipient within minutes, but it can take up to 24 hours in some cases.
How to make your first international transfer with Hello Paisa
Before you can make your first transfer with Hello Paisa, you’ll need to sign up for an account.
Registering an account
You can set up an account by completing the following steps:
Making an international money transfer with Hello Paisa
The simplest way to transfer funds is through the Hello Paisa app. You can send money overseas by completing the following steps:
- Log in to the app.
- Select the “Send Cash” tab.
- Choose the recipient you want to send money to, or add the details of a new recipient.
- Select the type of transfer you want to send and enter the relevant details, such as the chosen cash collection point or your recipient’s bank account information.
- Enter the amount you want to send, review the details of your transaction and then finalise payment.
Is Hello Paisa safe to use?
- Security and regulation: Government regulated.
- Established: 2015.
- Ownership: Hello Group.
Hello Paisa is a South African money transfer service run by Hello Group, the same company behind Hello Mobile. Regulated by the South African Reserve Bank, the provider requires you to provide proof of ID and proof of address before you can sign up and start transferring money. Hello Paisa also claims to offer 100% secure transactions.
How does Hello Paisa compare to other money transfer services?
To find out how Hello Paisa’s exchange rates and fees stack up against the competition, enter the details of your transaction into the table below.