Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy fashionable face masks online in South Africa
We've got a list of retailers that are turning this new wardrobe essential into a fashion statement.
Lockdown rules are currently a mixed bag in South Africa, but we all still have a role to play in stopping the spread of COVID-19. While cloth masks may not be the most flattering accessory around, wearing one while out in public can help prevent the spread of the virus by catching droplets that are released when you cough or sneeze.
The South African government also recommends that everyone wear cloth face masks and have mandated that masks be worn in public places at all times.
Handily, all your favourite fashion retailers are now stocking cloth masks that are actually kind of stylish. From African patterns to leopard print, find out where you can find patterned masks that express your personal style below.
Where to buy fashionable face masks online
Amazon’s marketplace makes it easy to shop across sellers to find the best deal on a funky cloth face mask. Though you’ll want to check the seller rating before committing to a purchase.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with an Amazon Prime membership
- Easily compare prices on similar products
- Huge product range
Online giant eBay stocks products from local and international sellers, making it easy to find great-looking cloth face masks. Similar to Amazon, be sure to check the seller rating before you buy so that you know you’re shopping from a reputable supplier.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with an eBay Plus membership
- Easily compare prices
- New products added daily
AliExpress is a massive online retailer made up of thousands of smaller retailers. Many of these retailers stock and sell a variety of cloth face masks in all shapes and colours so there’s an abundance of options available.
- Huge selection of smaller retailers means there’s always stock
- Easily compare prices
- Constant sales make it easy to find the best deals
4. Bid or Buy
No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a good chance you’ll find it on Bid or Buy. The ecommerce store allows individual sellers and businesses to put items up for sale which means you can find good deals here.
- Quickly see what’s hot, what’s new and what people are buying right now
- Massive variety of products on offer
- Add items to a watch list to keep track of price changes and new offers
5. Cotton On
Cotton On can always be relied on to have the latest fashion essentials in stock. Right now, the site has a range of cheap and cheerful cloth masks up for grabs that you’ll actually enjoy wearing.
- Offers men’s, women’s and unisex styles
- Designs come in different colours
- Rating system lets you know which products are better
6. Mr Price Sport
The Mr Price brand is known for its budget-friendly options and Mr Price Sport doesn’t disappoint with a great selection of face masks for both men and women that come in a variety of patterns and designs.
- Delivers to major city centres
- Masks made from quality materials
- Products are competitively priced
7. Sexy Socks SA
Sexy Socks SA provides a range of face masks that are environmentally friendly. You also get to support a local women’s empowerment project based in Cape Town.
- A portion of the proceeds goes to providing masks for those less fortunate
- Uses fabric off-cuts with quirky designs that were destined for landfill
- Delivers nationwide
8. Custom Apparel
Not only can you buy cloth masks made from beautiful fabrics at Custom Apparel, but you can also create your own custom masks to order with plenty of fun designs on offer.
- Three-layer masks made of quality fabric
- Offers both adult and children’s sizes
- Delivers nationwide
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Amazon: Free on eligible items with Amazon Prime membership
- eBay: Free on eligible items with eBay Plus membership
- AliExpress: Delivery via the post office is free, but will take longer
- Cotton On: Free delivery on orders over R500
- Custom Apparel: Free delivery on orders over R400
More guides on Finder
Ethereum (ETH) price prediction 2021
What affects the value of Ethereum (ETH) and how might the price of ETH fluctuate in the year ahead? Find out in this comprehensive guide.
Review: FTX cryptocurrency exchange
Trade cryptocurrency, derivatives and speculate on stocks with this fully-featured exchange created “by traders, for traders”.
Alternatives to WeBull in South Africa
South Africans can’t access WeBull, so here are six affordable alternatives if you want to trade US stocks at low prices.
Multiroom speaker buying guide: How to find the best speakers for your home
Your buying guide to Wi-Fi multiroom speakers.
Multifunction printer buying guide: Compare inkjet and laser printers
Learn how to choose a multifunction printer that best suits your needs.
NAS drive buying guide
If you’re shopping for a NAS drive but don’t know where to start, this buyer’s guide will help you compare NAS drive features, specs and prices.
Car GPS buying guide: How to compare in-car GPS and hybrid dash cams
How to choose a car GPS that best suits your needs.
Large computer monitor buying guide: How to compare flat, curved, LCD, IPS monitors and more
Your guide to choosing the best large computer monitor for personal or professional use.
Compare multi-cookers: How to find the best multi-cooker
If you’re searching for an all-in-one appliance that can help you prepare a wide range of meals, this guide will help you find the best multi-cooker for your needs.
Digital radio buying guide
Find out what types of radios are available and what features to look for.
Ask an Expert