Capital.com South Africa review: A trading platform for forex and CFDs
Access 6,000 of the world's leading indices, commodities, cryptocurrencies and shares all in one place with Capital.com.
Capital.com is an all-inclusive trading platform allowing trades on multiple financial products. Whether an investor wants to trade Bitcoin, shares, currencies or anything in between, Capital.com allows investors to do so in one place.
Minimum Opening Balance
What you can trade?
Email, Phone, Livechat
- Investors who want an all-in-one product
- Easy access to more than 6,000 investment markets
- US$0 fees on deposits, withdrawals, real-time quotes and opening/closing trades
- Advanced training modules for investors
Not so great for
- Some products such as CFDs might not be ideal for novice investors
- Limited tools for charting and technical analysis that are usually offered by other brokerages
What can I trade with Capital.com?
According to the company’s owner Viktor Prokopenya, Capital.com was founded on the simple idea that there should be no barriers to financial trading.
With Capital.com, investors in South Africa gain access to more than 6,000 separate markets across a variety of different financial products.
Essentially, investors gain access to all markets. The products range from indices and commodities to forex products and shares.
Who is Capital.com best for?
Capital.com is best for more sophisticated investors in South Africa.
While the company does a good job educating investors on how to trade CFD and forex products, these are still not ideal for novice investors. Capital.com might be better suited to people who already understand how to use these products.
How easy is Capital.com to use?
Capital.com’s trading platform is user-friendly, and investors can easily find key functions, including search and portfolio results.
Signing up for the service is also relatively straightforward.
What research does Capital.com provide?
This is where Capital.com excels. The company provides its customers with deep insights and analysis to help educate its members.
Investors with Capital.com gain access to financial articles, info-rich videos, an economic calendar, webinars by industry experts and a glossary of terms.
Pricing and fees
Capital.com provides most of its brokerage services for free.
The company does not charge for the following:
- Real-time quotes
- Opening/closing trades
- Educational material
- Dynamic chart and indicators
In exchange for US$0 brokerage fees, Capital.com is compensated through the buy/sell spread.
In essence, when an investor starts a new position, they “pay” the spread or the difference between the buy and sell prices to Capital.com.
Investors are also subject to an overnight fee that is based on the leverage provided rather than the entire value of the position.
The overnight fee charge on indices, commodities and FX is based on the entire value of your position.
What are the main features?
- Educational products and services. Arguably Capital.com’s best feature is the educational support it provides to investors in South Africa who are looking to get into the market. Capital.com offers a range of materials, including economic calendars, educational videos, the latest news and a glossary of key terms.
- Cheap brokerage. Another major feature is the low fees charged on trades. As discussed above, the company charges US$0 brokerage fees.
- Low minimum deposits. Capital.com allows investors to trade from just US$20 per trade. It also has a minimum withdrawal rate of US$10.
- Mobile and web services. Capital.com is available for investors in both a web and app format.
- Trustworthy regulation and data protection. Capital.com is fully regulated and authorised by international regulators like the Financial Conduct Authority and CySEC. The company notes it has strong data protection measures. Money from investors is held in a segregated bank account in accordance with local regulations.
- Create up to 10 accounts. Investors with Capital.com can create up to 10 demo and 10 live accounts in different currencies. Investors can use multiple accounts to use different strategies when trading. Investors can instantly transfer money between same-currency accounts.
How do I sign up?
Investors in South Africa should have little trouble signing up with Capital.com. An account is usually approved within 1 business day.
Here are the steps to open an account at Capital.com:
- Create an account
- Go through the platform until you find “Complete registration”
- Go through a list of basic questions, including where you live, your employment status and financial status
- Select your account currency – this is usually easier if investors choose their home currency such as EUR
- Upload some verification documents, such as your passport and proof of residency.
How do I contact Capital.com support?
Capital.com can be contacted in the following ways:
- Live chat
- Phone call
Compare with a wider range of brokers
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.