Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Where to buy cloth masks online in South Africa
If you need to get a hold of cloth masks, these are the places that deliver in South Africa.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been an overwhelming demand for protective gear, especially masks. This high demand means that there is often a shortage of KN95, N95 and P2 masks for those who need them most. If you’re struggling to get hold of those types of masks, consider buying cloth masks instead.
The South African government has decreed that anyone who goes outside should wear a mask. The World Health Organisation also advises that masks should be worn in public where social distancing is not possible, to help stop the spread of coronavirus. Depending on how much you have to go outside, that could mean costs racking up as you have to dispose of masks. However, cloth masks can be washed and reused, which can save you money.
Just keep in mind that, while cloth masks are better than nothing, they aren’t recommended for those who have contracted COVID-19 or those who work with people who may be infected.
We’ve rounded up a list of stores to help you out in your search for a quality cloth mask.
eBay stocks millions of items, including cloth face masks. With product listings from tons of sellers, it’s easy to compare prices and nab yourself the best deal. But make sure you’re buying from a reputable seller first.
- Trusted online marketplace
- View seller reviews before you buy
- Compare prices from sellers around the world
This online marketplace has hundreds of third-party sellers, ensuring you’ll find what you’re looking for. Keep in mind that some items may take longer than others depending on where the seller is located and the courier service being used.
- Huge selection of smaller retailers means there’s always stock
- Easily compare prices
- Constant sales make it easy to find the best deals
4. Bid or Buy
No matter what you’re looking for, there’s a good chance you’ll find it on Bid or Buy. The ecommerce store allows individual sellers and businesses to put items up on sale for a fixed price or for auction.
- Quickly see what’s hot, what’s new and what people are buying right now
- Massive variety of products on offer
- Add items to a watchlist to keep track of price changes/new offers
While Mantality generally specialises in manly apparel and geeky gadgets, it’s also selling protective cloth masks. Only available in blue.
- Free delivery on orders of R499 or more
- Items are shipped immediately after order is paid for
- Gift vouchers available
As one of South Africa’s leading online retailers, Takealot stocks a good selection of cloth masks that are available for individual purchase as well as in bulk packs.
- Big warehouses means supplies are less likely of running out
- Regular sales and discounts
- Avoid human contact by using pick-up points
Which of these retailers offer free delivery?
- Amazon: Free on eligible items with Amazon Prime membership
- Ebay: Free on eligible items with eBay Plus membership
- AliExpress: Delivery via the post office is free, but will take longer
- Mantality: Free delivery for orders over R499 going to major centres
- Loot: Free delivery on orders over R350
- Takealot: Free delivery on orders over R450
More guides on Finder
Multiroom speaker buying guide: How to find the best speakers for your home
Your buying guide to Wi-Fi multiroom speakers.
Compare capsule coffee machines: How to get the best pod coffee
Learn more about the benefits and drawbacks and decide whether it suits your budget, coffee drinking habits and kitchen-top space.
Car GPS buying guide: How to compare in-car GPS and hybrid dash cams
How to choose a car GPS that best suits your needs.
Large computer monitor buying guide: How to compare flat, curved, LCD, IPS monitors and more
Your guide to choosing the best large computer monitor for personal or professional use.
Digital radio buying guide
Find out what types of radios are available and what features to look for.
Where to buy fashionable face masks online in South Africa
All your favourite fashion retailers are now stocking cloth masks that are actually kind of stylish.
Where to buy washable, reusable face masks online in South Africa
To save you money, we’ve rounded up a list of online retailers stocking reusable masks.
French door fridge buying guide
Find out how to compare french door fridges and find the best fridge for your kitchen.
Front-loading washing machine buying guide
Read our guide to buying the perfect front-loading washing machine for your household.
Power bank buying guide: How to find the best portable charger for your devices
Learn how to compare power banks to find the right device for you.
Ask an Expert