You Invest by JPMorgan review
Commission-free trades for rookies and seasoned investors.
You Invest by JPMorgan helps new traders start investing with a suite of useful resources and unlimited commission-free trades. However, it doesn’t have the best customer reviews and its mobile app isn’t as robust as other trading platforms.
Stock trade fee
Option trade fee/contract
Minimum deposit to open
|Intro or bonus offer||Unlimited commission-free stock, ETF and options trades|
|Minimum deposit to open||$0|
|Available asset types||Stocks|
|Stock trade fee||$0|
|Option trade fee||$0 + $0.65/contract|
|Government bond trade fee||$0|
|Corporate bond trade fee||$0|
|Account transfer fee||$75|
Who is You Invest best for?You Invest offers low fees and convenient access to your money, making it best for:
- Beginner investors.You Invest offers a Portfolio Builder Tool and educational resources that help new investors understand the basics.
- Long-term investors.Free trades and portfolios designed and managed by industry experts could make this product a strong choice for long-term investors.
What are the benefits of You Invest?You Invest is a new platform that’s designed with the needs of today’s investors in mind, featuring a handful of useful perks:
- Tools and resources.You Invest helps improve your trading with a suite of tools like a portfolio builder, stock research and educational resources.
- Easy access. Manage your Chase banking and JPMorgan investments all in one place, from your mobile device or computer.
- Free trades. Get unlimited free stock, ETF or options trades and purchase mutual funds for free anytime.
- Low fees and minimums. Start trading with as little as $1 and pay $0 per stock or ETF trade, and $0 per bond purchase.
- Portfolio management. You Invest offers a hand-off investment option where JPMorgan’s investment experts design, manage and balance your portfolio.
What to watch out for
While this product stands out from its competitors for a number of reasons, it still has a few potential drawbacks:
- Limited account options.You Invest only allows you to open a brokerage, traditional IRA or Roth IRA. If you want to open a trust, 529 or other type of account, you may want to consider another product.
- Simple platform. Unlike many other trading platforms, You Invest lacks features like a customizable desktop program.
- Subpar customer service. Chase is a large bank with many departments, so getting the help you need could be hard. Plus, with only branches in 28 states, you may not have access to in-person help.
- Limited mobile app functionality. While this product allows you to manage your account and make trades from your phone, it lacks a search bar for quotes and doesn’t allow you to create watch lists.
- Portfolio builder minimum. To use the Portfolio Builder feature, you’ll need to have an account balance of at least $2,500.
Compare with other stock trading platforms
What do people say about You Invest?You Invest is a fairly new product, so there aren’t many customer reviews or testimonials online. However, JPMorgan Chase is one of the Big Four banks, meaning it’s one of the more secure institutions in the country.
That said, there’s a long list of customer complaints on the BBB website along with a 1 out of 5-star rating and F score for customer satisfaction.
How do I get started?
Start investing today by signing up for an account online:
- Visit the Chase website, click Open an account, then See all.
- Scroll down and click Investments.
- Click Go to You Invest.
- Click Get Started.
- Choose between an individual or joint account and whether or not you’re a Chase customer, then click Next.
- Enter your personal information and click Next.
- Enter your employment details and account preferences, then Submit your application.
To get approved for this account, you’ll need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Valid Social Security number
- Valid US address
- At least 18 years old
- Valid state-issued ID
During your application, you’ll be asked for the following information:
- First and last name
- Address, phone number and email
- Social Security number
- Employment information
How do I contact JPMorgan customer service?
If you need to get in touch with JPMorgan Customer Service, representatives are available 24/7:
- By phone: 800-343-3548
- Email: Visit the Contact Us page on the JPMorgan website or log in to your account to send a secure email
- Live chat: Visit the Contact Us page on the JPMorgan website to chat with the Virtual Assistant
I’ve made my first trade with JPMorgan. Now what?
Once your application has been approved, here’s how you can take advantage of everything else this platform has to offer:
- Fund your account. You’ll first need to link another bank or brokerage account to fund your account and start trading.
- Manage your portfolio. Use the website or mobile app to log in and manage your account.
- Portfolio builder. Try the portfolio builder tool to get a guided approach to creating a portfolio that matches your risk tolerance, trading style and goals.
- Do your research. You Invest members get access to JPMorgan equity research, which can help you learn more about potential investments.
Bottom lineYou Invest is a new platform that helps rookie and seasoned investors start trading and managing their own money. It comes with unlimited free trades and a suite of useful tools and resources.
But if you’re a more experienced investor, you may want to compare your options to find a more powerful platform.