Enjoy simple, speedy and convenient international money transfers with Xoom.
Xoom offers competitive exchange rates and relatively low fees using top-tier security that ensures the safety of your funds. With its money-back guarantee, Xoom promises to refund your full transfer if it doesn’t arrive to your recipient on time. Accurate delivery estimates and a four-star rating on Trustpilot round out this trustworthy provider.
|Product Name||Xoom International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 10|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 10,000|
Minimum transfer time
|Within an hour|
|Banking Partner||Xoom is a service of PayPal, Inc.|
|Available Currencies||ARS, AUD, BDT, BOB, BRL, CAD, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, DOP, EUR, GBP, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HTG, INR, JMD, JPY, KES, LKR, LVL, MXN, NIO, NPR, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, SGD, USD, UYU, VND, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||USD 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||USD 0|
Our experience transferring money with XoomHere’s what we found when we sent live transfers to Mexico and France through Xoom:
- We paid low fees and received competitive rates within 2.4% of the mid-market rate on average, with rates updated multiple times a day.
- Our transfer to France arrived ahead of schedule, while our funds were deposited into our recipient’s Mexican bank account within 24 hours.
- Xoom’s easy-to-use website allowed us to sign up and initiate a transfer in just about 3.5 minutes.
We recognize Xoom as a winner of four categories in the finder.com Money Transfer Awards 2017: Outstanding Product, Best User Experience, Most Convenient and Fastest Transfer.
Send money where you need it across the world.
- Send money. With Xoom you can send money in seconds to 67 countries around the world anytime, anywhere. They offer minimal fees and competitive exchange rates.
- Reload phones. Xoom allows you to reload the phones of friends and family members in more than 29 countries around the world.
- Pay bills. Xoom’s bill paying service makes it easy to pay bills overseas from within the United States.
How are Xoom’s exchange rates?
Xoom makes money through transaction fees and by charging above the mid-market rate.
For example, if you are transferring money to Italy:
- You’ll pay a transaction fee depending on which payment method you use ($4.99 through a bank account or $10.99 through a debit or credit card).
- Your money may be converted at a rate of 1 USD = 0.93 EUR, instead of 1 USD = 0.96 EUR.
Transaction fees vary depending on which country you’re sending money to.
How much does it cost to transfer money with Xoom?
The fees that apply to Xoom international money transfers vary depending on a range of factors, including how you pay for your transfer, where you’re sending your funds, and the amount of money you send. While it’s possible to pay for your transaction using a credit card or debit card, you can enjoy lower fees when you pay using your US bank account.
As an example, if you want to send $1,000 to Mexico you will need to pay a fee of $4.99 if you send the funds from your US bank account, or $24.99 if you pay for the transaction using a credit or debit card. Sending the same amount to India will attract a $4.99 transfer fee when funded from your bank account, or $9.99 if you use your credit card or debit card.
There are some situations when transfer fees will be waived, such as if you send more than $1,000 to India and pay using your bank account. Use Xoom’s online Fees and Exchange Rate Calculator to see the fees that apply to your transfer destination and amount.
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Xoom’s minimum transfer is $10, and it offers a high daily limit of $10,000. You may be able to increase these limits by providing Xoom with additional information.
Xoom offers international money transfers from the United States to the following countries:
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- Hong Kong
- San Marino
- El Salvador
- The Philippines
- Sri Lanka
- The United Kingdom
- South Africa
What types of transfers can you carry out with Xoom?
Xoom offers quick and easy online transfers that you can send online and pay for using your credit card, debit card or US bank account. At this time, Xoom does not offer the flexibility of rate locks, forward orders or recurring transfers.
Xoom offers three options when it comes to your recipient collecting the cash you send: cash pickup, bank deposit and home delivery. However, the method you choose may depend on where you are sending your funds.
If you need customer support, you can call or email, but options do not include the convenience of live chat. Xoom also offers an online help center and FAQ.
The registration and transfer process
Before you can send funds with Xoom, you must register for a free account with your personal contact information. While you don’t need to enter a Social Security number at sign-up, Xoom requires you to upload a government-issued ID — like a license or passport — and a recent bank statement to send money, which could deter those without either form of ID.
The next step in the process is to enter details about your recipient, including their name, address and bank account details. You’ll also have to select whether you will pay via credit card, debit card or bank account and enter your payment details.
After reviewing the details of your transaction, including the exchange rate and fee that applies, you confirm and send the funds. Xoom will notify both you and your recipient of your transfer’s progress.
What you need to send money through Xoom
- Amount to be sent and currency it will be converted to
- A valid payment method — credit card, debit card or bank account
- The recipient’s name, address and bank name and account number
- Your phone number and address
Steps to send a money transfer with Xoom
What happens next?
- How to track your transfer: Opt to receive text updates or email notifications. Alternatively, you can review the transfer status on the Xoom platform or by calling Xoom support.
- When your recipient will receive the money: Most transfers are completed within a few minutes.
- How your recipient can collect the money: Cash pickup, bank deposit or home delivery.
- How to contact customer service: Call toll-free at 877-815-1531 or email Xoom.
Pros and cons of using Xoom
- 24/7 support. Phone and email support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you need help with a transaction.
- Competitive and affordable. Compare the exchange rates and fees charged by Xoom with those of other money transfer providers to determine how affordable this service is.
- Safe and secure. Xoom uses 128-bit encryption to secure your funds, while its money-back guarantee provides extra peace of mind.
- Track your transfers. Receive a text message when your money arrives. Xoom will also email you and your recipient to keep you both informed of the transfer’s progress. You can also log on to your account any time and track the transaction there. Or call customer service and receive an update from a live representative.
- Money-back guarantee. Xoom offers a money-back guarantee to refund your transaction in full if the money you send doesn’t arrive to your recipient.
- Not worldwide. You will need to look elsewhere if you want to send money to a country that Xoom does not currently service.
- Requires government-issued ID. You’ll need to upload a government-issued ID — like a license or passport — and a recent bank statement to send money, which could deter those without either form of ID.
- No live chat option. Though you can call or email TransferWise for 24/7 customer support.
Xoom’s money transfer options are worth considering when you need to send money overseas. Just make sure to compare its services with those of a number of other providers before deciding on the right money transfer company to handle your transactions.