WorldRemit’s industry-leading security keeps your personal and financial information safe from hackers — from sent to receipt.
WorldRemit International Money Transfers
Send money to more than 120 countries and enjoy a variety of transfer options when you send funds overseas with WorldRemit.
- Low fees and exchange rates are shown upfront
- It’s easy to use and we’re here to help round the clock
- Get your money to family and friends in minutes
- We’ve sent millions of transfers to over 125 countries
How does WorldRemit protect my money?
WorldRemit complies with global regulations and uses cutting-edge technology to safeguard your money and data.
- Industry-leading security. WorldRemit uses trusted Trend Micro certification to maintain security during transfers. Once your connection is authenticated, it ensures that your device communicates only with WorldRemit.
- Strong reputation. It’s backed by Technology Crossover Ventures and Accel Partners, early investors of Spotify and Facebook.
- Convenient delivery. Funds can be transferred directly to a bank account or Mobile Money service.
- Years of experience. Founded in 2010, WorldRemit and handles more than 1 million transactions each year.
How do I report suspicious activity to WorldRemit?
WorldRemit will never ask you to confirm your password or payment details. If you receive an email from someone claiming to be WorldRemit, do not reply. Instead, forward it to email@example.com.
How to avoid a money transfer scam
Chances are that you’ve heard of someone who’s been the victim of an Internet scam. Remain alert with our simple advice.
- Beware of unsolicited emails and phone calls. Phishing scams often involve an email asking you to resend passwords or information. If you’re suspicious, go to the company’s website directly instead.
- Don’t transfer money to strangers. Make sure you know the recipient of your transfer. If for an online sale or auction, be sure that you have all of the seller’s information, and do a little online research to make sure they are reputable before sending payment.
- Ask questions. If a business responds quickly and accurately, it’s a good sign that you’re working with a reputable company.
Tips for picking up cash safely
Knowing that your money is safe is important. But you’ll need take precautions when picking up your cash too.
|Call ahead.||Learn the company’s office hours. If you can, pick up your cash during the day, when it’s safest.|
|Bring a friend.||Try to avoid walking alone with large amounts of money.|
|Deposit your money immediately.||The likelihood of losing your money to theft or simple carelessness grows the longer you have it with you. Deposit your cash as soon as possible.|
|Keep your cash hidden.||Put your money in your wallet or purse while you’re still inside the office. Carrying cash out in the open makes you a target.|
If you’re looking to save money and transfer money internationally quickly from a laptop or mobile device, WorldRemit is a secure option. Make sure that the countries you are sending to and from are covered, and compare exchange rates and fees to find the best service for you.
Common money transfer scams to watch out for
|Scam||What to watch out for||What to do|
|Online purchases||Asking for money up front||Do not pay up front, ask to meet or arrange escrow|
|Lottery and sweeps||Must pay a fee to receive your prize||Ignore it; it’s not a real prize|
|“Guaranteed” loans||Request to pay for your application or taxes before you receive the loan||Rip it up; do not send the money|
|Phishing||Asking for personal details over email (bank accounts, passwords, SSN)||Do not reply or click any links – forward the email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Charity||Donation requests from a fake charity posing as real one.||Never wire money when donating to charity, regardless of their legitimacy.|
|Nigerian dignitary||Someone contacts you to help recover a large sum of money, and need your bank account info to help pay fees.||Never provide financial information over email.|
|“Stranded traveler”||A loved claims to be in trouble, and they are asking for you to send cash.||Never send a money transfer until you can verify you know the recipient.|
|Online dating||Getting to know someone online and after you feel a connection, they ask you to wire money.||Never send money to someone you have not met in person.|