Western Truck commercial truck insurance review
Load up on insurance coverage for your trucking fleet with the best match your agent can find.
- Get a quote to compare coverage across multiple insurers.
- Pick something else if coverage isn’t offered in your state.
- Owner operators, trucking businesses and high-risk drivers are welcome.
New car protection
|Description||Helping owner operators and truck fleets buy quality, affordable truck insurance|
|States served||Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin|
|Payment schedule||12 months|
- Robust coverage list
- Compares rates and coverage
- Help with legal compliance
- Unlimited roadside assistance
- Insurance partners not listed
- Few customer reviews
- Can’t change your policy online
|Anti-theft device discount||No|
|Paid in full discount||No|
|Safety device discount||No|
|Lifetime repairs guarantee||
Sarah George is a writer at Finder who unravels complicated topics about insurance, business and finance. She's been wordsmithing for over three years after graduating with an English Education degree. You can usually find Sarah sipping hot tea and talking through movie plots in her downtime.
This broker pairs fleet owners or owner operators like you with an insurance company to match your individual needs. Plus, Western Truck can take the wheel for permits and DOT compliance, leaving you with less paperwork and more road time. However, if you prefer online policy management you may want to review other options.
What commercial truck insurance coverage does Western Truck offer?
Western Truck offers a host of standard and specialized coverage options through its partners, and you’ll be matched based on your needs.
Standard coverage includes:
- General liability. Broad liability protection for injuries or property damage caused by customers or clients using your products or services.
- Truck liability. Shield other drivers on the road from injuries or property damage caused by your trucks.
- Collision. Safeguard your trucks from accident damage to get the repairs needed.
- Comprehensive. Cover noncollision events like storm damage with either broad or specified perils coverage. May include towing reimbursement.
- Property damage. Protect your business property from accident damage.
- Lost income. Don’t lose money while you’re waiting for vehicle repairs.
- Trailer interchange. Take responsibility for damage your truck causes while changing to a non-owned trailer.
- Motor truck cargo. Pay for cargo if it’s lost or damaged while in transport.
- Trucking pollution. This liability coverage pays for damage caused by hazardous material you’re carrying.
- Trucking crime. While typically covered under motor truck cargo, this coverage accounts for employee crime in policies that exclude this type of theft.
- Workers compensation or occupational accident injuries. Aid your truckers if they get injured on the job, or buy injury coverage as an owner-operator.
- Commercial equipment. Get protection for property not covered under commercial property insurance, like backhoes or forklifts.
- Trucking bonds. Make sure you and your insurer hold up both ends of your contract, or either party can file a claim for reimbursement.
- Unlimited roadside assistance. Keep your trucks chugging along with roadside protection for:
- Concierge transportation while truck is out of service
- Flat tires or tire replacement
- Fuel delivery
- Mobile mechanics
- Towing or winching for stuck vehicles
- Travel discounts
- Trip routing
Which trucks can get coverage from Western Truck?
Western Truck offers policies for specialized trucks, including:
- Auto transporters
- Container freight
- Dump trucks
- Hazardous material trucks
- Household movers
- Refrigerated trucks
- Tow trucks
- Truckload or small freight carriers
Where can I get commercial truck insurance from Western Truck?
The company lends a hand to truckers in the following 26 states:
- New Jersey
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
What features does Western Truck offer trucking businesses?
This company meets more than simply your insurance needs. Other features it offers:
- Get trucking permits. Let the company help you fill out the right trucking permits to stay legal on the road.
- Track compliance. Make sure your trucking meets all the standards set by the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Find trucks for purchase. Western Truck helps you take the work out of building your fleet.
- Provide a job board. Owner operators, trucking companies and clients can connect on the company’s free job board.
How reliable is Western Truck?
The company keeps an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau as an unaccredited business. However, we didn’t find any ratings on review sites like Trustpilot or a financial rating from AM Best. You may want to look up ratings and reviews for the insurer options you’re given before making a decision.
Pros and cons of Western Truck commercial truck insurance
- Robust coverage list. Offers coverage customized to many truckers’ needs.
- Compares rates and coverage. This company is a broker with licensed agents that can compare coverage and rates to find you the best fit.
- Helps with legal compliance. Takes care of permits, forms and can track your DOT compliance for a fee.
- Unlimited roadside assistance option. Offers its own trucking roadside service with standout features like mobile mechanics and transportation concierges.
- Insurance partners not listed. You might not know which insurers your agent is comparing.
- Few customer reviews. There’s not much information about customer experience online, although businesses may not give ratings as often as individual customers.
- No online policy management. Making changes requires you to fill out a detailed change request form online.
How do I apply for insurance through Western Truck?
Western Truck is a trucking broker with agents who match you to a customized policy from one of its insurance partners. To apply, start a quote online or call a representative.
- Online. Fill out your business, truck and coverage details and submit your application. You may receive your quote by phone or email.
- Phone. Talk with a representative at 800-937-8785.